/Afro & Curly Hair General/

Post questions, tips and advice regarding hair that is very curly.

Black discord invite: discord.gg/dvrtzHN

I want to grow an afro, what should I do to make sure I get it something like this.

jojoba oil

Guys, how long does my hair have to be to do this haircut?

I'd say like 3.5 to 4 inches in top

How do people with braids, cornrows, or dreads wash their hair? Do people with afros wash their hair?

Always wondered about this too

Black people don't wash their hair everyday, it would fuck it up in most cases.

>How do people with braids
They can clean their scalp pretty easily since it's visible with most braid styles. The actual hair,though...until they take them out they don't, typically, especially if it's weaved.

Getting your hair braided is expensive as fuck, takes a long time, and lasts like 2 good weeks so most women ride it out as long as they can.

>cornrows
Go back in time and ask someone in the 2000s

>dreads
By definition not much care goes into dreads.

>Do people with afros wash their hair?
Yes?

It was bait.

>Not much care goes into dreads.
Sure, if you wanna have gross nasty ass smelling dreads. It's mostly thinner, lower intensity shampoos, and an ACV rinse like once or twice a year. Generally just being careful what you wash your hair with so you don't get build up of product that pretty much never comes out. You don't want to smell like a vagrant dog every time your head gets slightly moist.

>Cornrows
If you're actually curious...you don't. You wash your hair in-between getting them done. You keep the cornrows for about 4 weeks maximum, then have them re-done, or give your hair a break (continuous braiding will influence a receding hairline, among other things). I've had really long and healthy cornrows for most of my life until I decided recently that I was tired of having long hair, and cut it.

Uh yeah you can wash afros and they do.

Niggers

can we all agree that this is the most Veeky Forums black hairstyle that has ever existed?

Restrictive hair styles are gross. Afro or keep it short. Grow or no, the in between should be non-existent.

How much hair do you need for cornrows Veeky Forums? I have about 2.5 inches all around

>Restrictive hair styles
What is this?

How high would one say this afro is?

I'm thinkin about getting this because my hair is getting too thick. y/n?

What are your thoughts on non blacks getting dreads or braids?

Perfectly fine

It’ll look a bit odd but sure, just understand dreads should be called “locs” not dreads / dreadlocs

nah that looks gross

cool if they aint white

i use a co wash and leave in conditioner everyday

water and shampoo

crazy shit huh

why do you want nigger naps

what yall think about my wave

Looks like the hairstyle aunties get

Wait why?

as stupid as a black guy straightening his hair with a hair iron

How about coconut oil?

Am I asking for a miracle or is there any feasible way to encapsulate the way that natural hair looks fresh out of the shower? When my hair is wet, it forms these nice spiral ringlets down to my collarbone, but as soon as it dries its maybe barely above the bottom of my neck. Shrinkage is ruining my life.

I mean, you could always get a pack of kanekalon braiding hair and cut it to whatever length you want if that's something you're willing to do.

Do the maximum moisture method
Any nigga no if white girls like this hairstyle? Really wanna get it but my uni is basically all white and I’m into a really white chick.

stupid af

>maximum moisture method
Thanks, gonna look into it.

>Any nigga no if white girls like this hairstyle? Really wanna get it but my uni is basically all white and I’m into a really white chick.
I would guess that girls in general like that style, especially with the contrast between the sides and the top. That type of hairstyle as well as curly hair is addicting to touch and play with.

>chink with braids
kek

Das raciss

This. better have a nephew they love to death and always spoil despite the kid not seeming appreciative

Mods deleted my nigger comment.

>all white girls like similar hairstyles

das racis

delete this