No skin care general so I'll just ask here

>no skin care general so I'll just ask here

has anyone ever tried one of those derma-rollers or known anyone who tried one of them? pic related

they basically puncture your skin very lightly with tiny needles so the skin starts to regenerate itself and it is said to remove acne scars, wrinkles etc.
the method has been used by dermatologists for a while and now they are starting to sell them for home use, you just gotta sterilize them before and after using them.
you can get them for about 10$, with more high quality ones costing around 20$. Most of them have 4-5 star reviews on amazon and i havent read anything negative about them.

kind of sounds too good to be true i think. thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/fulltext
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10883675/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

too scary, too risque. don't try what doesn't already work for you. everyones skin is different. mine is naturally oily so basically my skin care routine is wash face twice a day, morning and night, maybe mid-day. and then moisturize before bed just for memes. I haven't had acne or skin problems fo 20 years. remember that products/tools are unirioncally run by jews who want your skin to look like shit so they put chemicals in the product and or tell you that fucking needling your face is a good idea

>don't try what doesn't already work for you
what? so never try anything new? I have a few acne scars that are not too noticeable but I would like to remove them. The science behind the roller things makes sense and most people who tried them say they help. of course you have to be careful to not fuck your skin up but i think thats a given.

try vitamin e oil. and do research on this one ingredient in it that they some times take out but i think you want it in for acne scars. google vitamin e acne scars. they work as far as internet reviews and youtube vloggers have shown

>vitamin e
cremes with vitamin e is actually often sold with these rollers, as it is also said to work best shortly after the scar appears.

hMMMMMMMmmmMM maybe these roller things aren't a meme. let me do some googling desu

>tfw bad skin so just wear concelear when going on to even tone
>mfw girls keep saying my skin is great and ask for advice

Not too good to be true, but your diet has to compliment collagen production. Make sure you're getting daily vitamin c and d, and enough protein.

I was told only to derma roll once a week or I'll be doing more harm than good. Is that a reasonable time?

i read that you shouldnt do it more than every 3 days, if your skin gets better like once a week
i dont wanna wear makeup that gey
will look into supplements, thanks

When I started lifting several years ago I saw pretty amazing gains very quickly, sadly also meant that my biceps, sides of chest and thighs got scarring as the skin was pushed apart.

Gf at the time was using dermarollers to remove acne scars, asked if I wanted to try it and I did - and it works, definitely works.

Tbh I'd check somewhere with more legit advice than Veeky Forums for actual guiding/routines as you need to know how often to do it and how to clean your gear/what lotions to use afterwards

I think only 1,5 mm is the real deal. But I had great results with lactic acid on very old scars, but it takes time. There's even a study from the 90's somewhere

what kind of face wash and moisturizer is best?

would have to experiment as all our epidermisis are different user. i can tell you what is NOT good though
>putting "body" targeted lotions on your face, as they are stronger
>either using female targeted or male targeted products because if your face breaks out easily you might actually benefit from the girls products
>certain scents might fuck with your face and pores
>all organic products might suck balls for you and do nothign

Skin care red pill is just rubbing coconut oil on literally EVERYTHING. It moisturizes your face and it is an anti infection oil which means u can put it on your dick and balls to avoid yeast and stuff also smear it under your armpits. Coco oil everywhere, that's the elixer of life

any tips for rosacea

What veggies/ foods should I be eating for a healthier glow?

I'm already eating carrots and avocados on the daily. Anything else I should add?

Does homemade peels actually work? Like rubbing lime juice on your skin and such
I have some hyperpigmentation spots on my body I'd like to fade

This looks like a great way to get a staph infection.

Just avoid meat and dairy. Real talk, did wonders for my skin.

I feel you people are always compensating for terrible skin. If your skin is normal, literally all you need is moisturizer, sunblock, clean pillow sheets, enough sleep, and staying properly hydrated.

Does it work on old scars?

I dropped a safety razor on my foot that left a gash 6 months back

well yeah but all my serums literally make me glow, so

That’s not very safe

These can scar you if you don't do it correctly.

Also, avoid processed sugars.

post routine please I have the feeling I might be using to many products

What the fuck am I supposed to eat then?

I need protein to support muscle mass, ligaments and joints. Meat and dairy are the best sources of protein. It's not feasible to get reasonable amounts of it from plant sources - you would need to eat huge amounts of legumes and nuts.

Salicylic or lactic acid is pretty good. I usually buy weak solution from pharmacy for everyday maintenance. But you can buy powder online for fairly cheap and dissolve it in isopropyl alcohol. You can make solutions of various strength this way. Just be aware that salicylic acid barely dissolves in water, and it's solubility in isopropyl is also not stellar.

With strong enough solution you will notice top layers of skin literally peeling off after few days. It helps with pigmentation spots somewhat as well, just don't expect instant results. You will need to use it regularly for a few months.

Is derma rolling legit or just a meme?

coconut oil is known for clogging up pores, don't put that shit on your face

t. soyboy

i dont use gay stuff

anything i should buy to help my face?

Dermarollers puncture your skin at an angle which can leave them susceptible to more bacteria. When a dermatologist does this procedure the needle hits your skin straight so it doesn't tear your skin. Honestly tho you'll probably be fine as long as you don't use a huge needle.

why tf would u show that much face and then just black out the eyes?

Also to answer ur question, mix lemon juice with your usual face cleanser

some eye drops or something, i think there's something wrong with your eyes

why would you just blackout the eyes?
You think were gonna get your IP from scanning your retina?

bleach

thats just my normal eyes lads ;)
okaii thank you
any specific brand?

i only drink water but i still have shitty skin. how much should i drink in a day?

Retinol from The Ordinary.
1% ~ use once a week sparingly after application of a heavy moisturiser.
Get some 50++ (UVA & UVB) Sunblock (biore doesn't leave a grey cast).

Enjoy your even, glowing skin senpai.

GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMON

>It's not feasible to get reasonable amounts of it from plant sources
Yes it is.
>you would need to eat huge amounts of legumes and nuts
No you wouldn't. Chickpeas have the same protein amount as meatballs. Soybeans (don't believe the /pol/yp soyboy meme) have more complete protein than practically all meats. I put a handful of hempseeds in my morning smoothie and in a few gulps I've already exceeded half my RDI. Figuring this shit out isn't that hard.
fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/fulltext
Not even vegan but I know better than to let stale /pol/ memes dictate my views on nutrition.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10883675/

different person but

daily:
corsx low ph cleanser
corsx 96 snail essence
whitening serum
moisturizer
biore watery essence sunscreen

weekly i use a aha to exfoliate

honestly sunscreen is the most important imo. when i added that, my skin started glowing. and biore watery essence is such a nice sunscreen

How the fugg does a guy buy concealer? my skin looks so patchy because of acne.

>tfw your skin will never be good no matter what you do
just fucking KILL ME

Probably not the greatest place to ask, but are there any consequences of using antibiotics for acne? I've been taking one for about a year now and it helps a lot but I don't know if it's actually detrimental to the rest of my body or not.

if you're not northern european try cutting out dairy for 1 month

>a soyboy is trying to push his soyboy vegan cancer agenda

what a surprise

do you know what this costs at the dermatologist? i think i'd rather pay a professional for peace of mind.

so i'm pretty sure that most of my acne is due to sleeping face down on my pillow, since my most problematic areas are around the cheekbones. it's very hard to undo a habit i've been doing for 23 years, although that's probably the best thing to do. i try to change my pillow sheets as often as possible, but i only have a few pillow sheets. one obvious solution is to buy more, and rotate them daily. wondering if the general abrasion/rubbing is the more important contributing factor, here, though.

They ruined my lips, fuckers are dry and flaking without lip balm every hour or so

Diet has no effect on chronic acne as backed up by virtually every modern study. It's a fucking myth, a persistent one, please stop pushing it for the love of god. Greasy food, dairy products, and candy/pastries do not cause acne, or even exacerbate it, end of story.

Yes, I'm sure that cutting out dairy worked for You, Personally, and maybe you're magical and it really did work and it wasn't just confirmation bias and coincidence, but it's not gonna work for any of the people you're advising to try it. Chronic acne is caused by your genetics and it's a bacterial infection, not a skin care issue. The skin issues that cause it (again, this is CHRONIC acne we're talking about, not "I forgot to change my pillowcase for a month and got a pimple") are too deep below the skin's surface to be fixed by literally any skin care products OR improving your hygiene. Few of you are going to listen to this but I hope that you realize you are actually believing muh folk wisdom and muh internet anecdotes over empirical research at this point.

Folks, if you have stubborn acne that just won't quit, there is exactly one fix for it, and that's going to the doctor. Who won't prescribe accutane right away, by the way, if he's at all responsible; first he'll try prescribing antibiotics, WHICH WILL HELP.

>Diet has no effect on chronic acne
stopped reading after this. un spread your asshole and take the bbc out of your mouth retard

yeah dude idc what any studies say, and you can say n=1, but when i eat shit, my face turns to shit.

fuck that.

go ahead and say, if your blood pressure is high, it's not your diet, you need to go to the doctor for blood thinners. see how that works out for you. lmao

Greasy food has correlation.

It's safer to not sterilize and just buy new ones every time. They aren't really worth it unless you are dealing with serious acne scars though. It is better left to professionals really, stick to more common treatments for skincare like retinol.

I'd say eating healthy in general would be good for all of you, but studies have shown that eating collagen protein seems to help skin. Specifically this is better than whey or meat because it has a higher proline content, which can be limiting, although the studies mostly look at elderly or those who are deficient.

Depending on the length, you may want to wait up to a month between rolling.

legit modality for treating things like shallow ice pick scars and boxscars.

I got prescribed oxytetracycline, started working pretty good especially after about a month, skin looked great for a few months, and now for the last 3 or 4 months it's coming back and I'm even getting the big boils I used to get all the time. Going to go back and ask if I can get on accutane because I'm 24 and don't know wtf else to do to get rid of this shit.

What can I do about theses acne scars? Is there something specific I can ask my dermatologist about that might help with my acne scars?

Usually around $200-$700, but I live in an expensive city so in might be cheaper where you live.

Anons, if you don't really get zits but do get little bumps that never clear up, I have something for you to try. I had bad acne for a long time and got to a point where I didn't have "eruptions" anymore but my skin was always slightly bumpy. It looked like I had closed comedones that never came to a head. So I got to googling and turns out closed comedones look like folliculitis, which is a yeast infection on your face. The yeast colonizes your pores and you get bumps that resemble acne, but because they are not sebum, you can't clear them up with medicine. Now the yeast colonies usually live on your scalp: too many colonies cause dandruff. Turns out, washing your face with certain anti-dandruff shampoos kill the yeast. It has to be an azole, I use Nizoral. I just wash my face with it in the shower and leave it on for a few minutes. Alternatively, the medicine Fluconazole works. Nizoral is not that expensive, it works very quickly, and if you're at the end of your rope, it doesn't hurt to try.

I have similar acne scarring. I want to kill myself.

If it' bad enough that you need antibiotics then idk. But most people notice eating certain foods will cause them to break out. If I eat shit, my skin becomes shit, and wheb I stop eating that shit, it clears up.

>I don't have an argument but you're a *latest meme insult* so there

Post cheap facefash for a europoor, I'm using pic related right now, purely from my lack of knowledge in this area.

Anybody tried Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen for daily use? How is it?

Is there a bodywash or soap for dry skin? I've used about 5 different drug store brand ones and I can feel my skin get drier when in the shower using them. I might need something deeper moisturizing than what's easily available

Get a more gentle daily face wash.

Exfoliating is a once or twice weekly thing.

Only actual serious post ITT, with a bunch of retarded replies being the millionth time somebody goes "I stopped eating X, and my skin got better".

Do what works for you, sure. If it helps you sleep, live in the illusion you cracked the mysterious skincare code.

I've had friends with severe or less severe acne problems, and the universal "cure" was a visit to a GP or dermatologist and actual medical advice. Don't be a fucking idiot.

Coco oil on face. Yes or no? I'm confused

Salicylic acid peels might help fade the pigmentation and scarring a little. Obviously, you're not going to get entirely smooth skin, and it will take a few months, but it might help.

>my anecdotal evidence trumps your anecdotal evidence!
lmao chump

>go to a shopping mart with makeup departments
>ask staff

how fucking hard can it be you socially inapt inbred faggots

A gun

I went into Boots (UK drugstore) and asked to get matched for concealer. Just ask the staff man, they're not hired to bully you. It's better than overspending on finding the correct shade/type you need.

We were talking about getting a healthy glow, not about chronic acne.

is benzoyl peroxide soap good? i have bad shoulder acne

What's everyone's daily skincare routine?

I hope you don't use that everyday coz that'll ruin your skin, get cleanser, toner and moisturizer. Use that exfoliant you have once or twice a week.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You dense?

His skin is broke you dumb bitch.

My skin looks like this.
I've never had acne, I wash my face 1 or 2 times a day, always moisturize and try to drink enough water, I don't smoke, and wear sunscreen when I go out during the day.
What am I doing wrong? Did I just get a bad grab in the genetic lottery? Am I stuck like this forever or is it fixable?

nice jawline lol

Anyone has experience with lymecycline? Got it prescribed from the doctor. Does it work?

tamanu oli or vitamin c serums for acne scars work the best

Never had acne or that kind of shit
What's a good routine for face care?
What should I put on my face to have healthier skin

Accutane, also fucking use a moisturizer.

What if I'm Aussie?
not op

have you tried jajoba? I heard it's the best oil in comparison to natural human oil.

I'm going to start fully committing to a proper routine, starting with cleansing & moisturizing every day. Does it matter what ones I use? I'm avoiding oil-based stuff but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Anyone have any advice for rosacea? Just got diagnosed. I'm fed up with it.

Anything good for oily skin aside from washing and oil pads?

Thanks for the tip, will try it out!

am i allowed to use cerave on my eyelids?

Here's a write-up of my experience with a dermatologist, maybe someone will find it interesting.

I've had pretty terrible acne breakouts for most of my life. When I was a teenager, my face looked like it was smashed by a meat hammer.
The amount of acne decreased with age, but never really went away in early 20s, so I got recommended a decent dermatologist at a local hospital.
My skin is naturally greasy as well.

First thing the doc did after visually assessing the affected areas was to send me to the lab to run some tests. The lab assistant took samples of skin by rubbing it off with a razor from face and back, as well as samples of eyelashes and eyebrows.
Tests came back positive for too much candida fungi and demodex mites. These two are normally present on all humans, but in some cases, like on overly greasy skin, they might multiply excessively and cause issues.

First step of treatment was to get rid of fungus. Medication - prescription isoconazole containing creams (varying % for face and body) with some other ingredients, as well as custom mixed cream with mitronidazole.
I was told to cut out sugar entirely and avoid eating bread if possible. Fungus feeds on simple sugars that get expelled together with sebum. Eating sugary food means more sugar gets on the surface of the skin, and therefore there is more food for fungus.
I was recommended to change bed sheets and pillow cover often, and ironing all my clothing while wet on high temperatures to kill off the spores.

I was told to not use any kind of soap or cleanser to wash the face - only warm water. If I reeeeeally wanted, I could use baby shampoo, but ideally nothing at all should have been used.
Washing off too much natural oils means that skin will increase the production. If your skin is already greasy, cleaning it too much will mean over the top oil production.

After a month I did a re-test, and fungus was within acceptable levels on the face. Back took two months.

Second stage was getting demodex population under control. Doc prescribed a custom mix of spirit, salicylic acid, camphor and other stuff for the face, and regular over the counter salicylic acid solution for the back. I went back every month and doc adjusted solution composition if I wasn't seeing results, or if the skin felt too dry.

Overall, it took me about half a year of going back to the doc to get acceptable quality of skin. At one point she went on sick leave, so I couldn't arrange for a regular meeting, and eventually said "fuck it" and stopped going. The hospital was really inconvenient to get to, and I was too lazy.

My skin is far from being perfect. I rarely see any inflamed spots on the face now - only if I forget to change the pillow case for too long, or if I eat too much sugary stuff or baked goods. I do get sebum buildup in pores that never clear though, so I have to pop that occasionally or I get bumps that never go away.
Back still has some acne, but it's not too bad. Impossible to get rid of since there is always clothing rubbing on it, accumulating dead skin and oil.

I wipe the face and back with weak over the counter salicylic acid solution every morning and evening as a way to clean them. Still only using water to wash the face. I don't use any moisturizer, and the skin is not dry at all - but again, it is very oily naturally.

There is a cream that doc recommended to help sebum exit the pores - Bioderma Sebium, it's over the counter. But I can't say I like it too much.

So now my concern is the scars that I have on the temples and a few other places. I think I will try rolling to see if it works even a little.

Best thing for blackheads on nose, I can't seem to get rid of them for good? I've already tried blackhead strips.

charcoal face peels

depends on your body
works well for me but not for others
if you have problems with coconut oil try argan or jojoba oils, which have lower comedogenic ratings

The regular Head & Shoulders also works for this because it has zinc pyrithione.

They'll fade away with time. Laser resurfacing done by a derm or a plastic surgeon if you don't want to wait.