Has anyone read this? Is it worth reading?

Has anyone read this? Is it worth reading?

Yes, don't bother.
It's basically
>Be generous to anyone with influence
>Ask for help

Yes. I don't think it's particularly useful for improving your own social skills but it's interesting to analyse others behavior with it in mind. Especially older people in business.

this is much better
Carnegie just teaches you how to be a little bitch

I usually don't post, I will say it's a good book if you're into self help type books. You don't really learn anything, simply points out things you overlook.

Most of self help is bullshit

good book for helping you deal with the day to day people ,, bad book for business side of things

48 laws of power

Why should we take advice from people reduced to writing books?

If you have bad social skills because you're maladjusted/autistic or an immigrant from a different culture it's pretty helpful.

This, actually. Honestly I found it very, very helpful. I had very few friends when I started college, and had many by the end. This book won't teach you to 'hack' people, and won't get you friends if don't put effort into yourself elsewhere. But it really nails thd guidelines of successful interaction.

If you're a programmer: It will teach you the syntax of being a likeable person/enjoyable presence. In order to get anything done you need that, and thdn some intdntion & effort on top to decide what gets done.

plus
>don't ever do a better job than anybody else or they'll pitch a fit

Honestly think it's a meme book. Not only does Carnegie just repeat himself for the whole book and is easily summarized like did but it's honestly advice that is fit for the boomer age.

It's all common sense shit too. If any of the content of the book is surprising to you there is something seriously wrong with you.

ITT: morons who completely fail to understand the value of this book because they're too stupid to actually read it or are lacking in too much empathy to understand why it is valuable.

I was told you have to not be friendly but to align another person's interest within your own interest. That is what the goal of this book is.

this

What everyone has said about it being basic as fuck

The only thing I took away from it was to try use peoples names more rather than just say hey, can you help with this say hey user, can you help with this please user

Basically it

However. I found it a super interesting read just for the stories attached to it about dudes like teddy Roosevelt, fdr and even random people. The stories are pretty cool.

I should add I also use the idea of only talking about what interests the other party
And it's honestly made me more likeable.

I would recommend this book to most poeple. The greatest thing about it is just geting a better idea of how people respond to actions you take.. towards them

yes and yes

a lot of the principles are very obvious, but
1) it helps to be reminded of them
2) the examples gave me a better sense for how to apply the principles. even tho they're dated, the examples made me feel like i went through 100 scenarios and became a better socializer for it

Self help

Ahahahaha!

Yes, it's a hugely influential book and its advice has permeated so much into mainstream self-help books/blogs/whatever that you probably know all the information in there implicitly.

It's still worth a read, won't take up more than an afternoon, but it's not gonna change your life.

And ignore that bullshit about "people like the sound of their own name so use it a lot" because frankly it makes you sound crazy.

Please enlighten us: what is the value of the book?

How to jew: The book

Other posters coverd it. Plus its short and like 3 dollars used. You could read this in an hour