Switch Blades

What are some Veeky Forums switch blades? What do you carry around?

Preferably something quality and not edgy.

Why do you need a switch blade?
It just screams insecurity to me

I don't carry one around. When would you ever use it? Just seems like extra clutter on your pocket. I may have thought differently when I was 11, but carrying a swirchbalde just seems like you're trying to play badass dressup.

buck 110 automatic.

>switchblade
>not edgy

pick one. get a normal pocket/folding knife if you need a knife, which i suspect you don't.

I conceal carry this one. Surprisingly comfortable in the hand and very sharp. Would recommend.

Yeah I would normally agree with this and argue that an ordinary pocket knife will serve much better as an ordinary tool. But I enjoy carrying something that deploys just that extra bit faster and flashier. What I mean by not too edgy as in something that is not essentially a pocket fedora.

Not a switchblade

Isn`t switchblade outlawed?

It depends where you live but in California as long as the blade is under a certain length then it is alright.

It doesn't lock because it's a friction knife
>higonokami brand higonokami

A switchblade is any type of auto-opening knife.

Stiletto is the most common style people think of, but not all stiletto knives are switchblades.

What were those knifes that were shaped like whales?

Nevermind found them, they're a bunch of a kitchen knifes sadly

>carrying a knife around for fashion
pffftHAHAHAHAHAHA

Balisong is way better but I never carry mine with me because I'm afraid of getting caught with it. It's illegal to carry.

Gang-core is effay?

Its no different then phones/phone accessories, lighters, keychains, etc.

Maybe not, but if done correctly a stiletto switchblade can look pretty good.
I'm thinking a black or brown trousers and cream sweater. Mother of pearl handle stiletto might look pretty well in an edc

Admittedly the stiletto is a bit of a fedora knife in its "classy" and vintage aesthetic.

It is but it unless it's coupled with a fedora no one will catch on.
the regular black one looks great but it it's too obvious. In a rosewood or mother of pearl handle it looks good again.
and if you're really worried about "the fedora of knives" then remember how long it took normies to start talking about fedoras badly. Only in the past 3 years have I started to hear of fedoras in a negative light; not that anyone where I live wears a fedora.

>this is what he actually believes

epic troll my friend
since when did this website lose its sense of sarcasm and irony?

I always carry a Fairbairn-Sykes dagger, I think it's one of the most Veeky Forums knives you can get. It's all black as is slim as fuck. It also has that heritage angle going for it since it's from WW2. I don't think that makes it a fedora knife, though. Timeless.

The fuck are you retards gonna do with a knife?
Your just carrying it around cuz you think it looks cool.
Reality check
It looks autistic

Dagger = fedora tier, period

Do you believe balisongs and stiletto switchblades are not fedora?

I carry a spring loaded folding knife that i bought in Chinatown in my back pocket whenever I leave. I live a block off sunset blvd and don't want to be caught empty handed.

I like frank b. and aga campolin. either a maltese cross or a sicilian ring pull. They aren't too pricey. A decent frank b. can be had for 150 or so.
I really like my spyderco balisong to play around with. A good balisong will cost far more than a good switchblade.

Im pretty fit and know self defense, I carry a Kershaw mostly as a tool and cuz I live in a bad neighborhood.

uh to shank anyone who steps on my geobaskets duh poindexter

I agree with this one
if someone is holding their knife in public or you can clearly see it then that is not effay

if you go all out kiddo

turbo-fedora tier, you need a thumb pad on the base of the blade to keep it level.

Switchblades are retarded
Just get a Benchmade swing lock or a small Buck knife. Hell, even an Opinel is less edgy and trashy. Switchblades basically scream "wannabe Gangsta".
t. someone who carried a switchblade until I was 16 and decided to get a life

This. If I ever saw someone pull out anything other than a small, simple, traditional pocket knife or utility knife from their pocket I would think they're an absolute manchild.

Look at this shit. What a goddamn weirdo. He spent a hundred dollars to carry around a foot-long cosplay item to open Amazon boxes with.

What's the point of carrying a knife when guns exist?

Lel, I don't actually own an FS dagger I just wanted to add to the autism. I think switchblades and balisongs are fedora as fuck.

I do own a Ka-bar USMC for opening Amazon boxes, though.

What are you going to use it for?

>live in nice in Chicago
>crime due to nearby park being near a main metro line
>carry knife out of a paranoia
Never been mugged but have friends who have been.

That looks fedora as fuck what are you thinking? It's impractical so it screams accessory, it looks like it's made out of plastic, and that fuckin sheath. You will look worse than just carrying a regular pocketblade.

Phone has a purpose you retardo

>phone
call people, text, shitpost
>lighter
light smokes
>keychain
>carry keys
>stiletto
??

either stab people or look like a retard cutting your apple with the 1970s movie new york subway 'punk' villian accessory

>benchmade knives
>cheap kershaw knives
>tonns of knives with some sort of assisted opening
>anything else

So many options. And you want to roll with this impractical shit?

Respect yourself . You are not some fedora-tier edgy cunt or mafioso-wannabe.

Do you guys really think a knife for self-defense is a good idea? If getting mugged by someone with a gun, you're knife will be useless. If getting mugged by someone with another knife, are you really going to engage in a knifefight and risk being stabbed to death or maimed and permanently disfigured over the money in your pocket? Maybe it's useful if someone tries to mug you with their bare hands but even then you are taking an unnecessary risk. I actually know self-defense and I would still just give them the money rather than risk getting beat to death. You never know how crazy or skilled the person is. The only surefire self-defense method is carrying a gun.

Yep. Pretty much this.

Knives are just tools and accessories.

When you give them the money, you give them power over you. What are you going to do when he decides the money isn't enough and he wants to do other things to you just because he can? In that case, a knife is better than nothing at all I guess.

I mainly carry it incase I run into a gnarly situation with a bum. If i get stuck up by someone who will shoot me or something they can have my wallet.

You don't have to take it out.. It's the same as having a gun. You don't have to draw a gun either.
But when you wish you had one you'll wish you had one.
Literally nothing wrong with carrying a knife.

I carry the same blade but with the tanto profile. I've carried it for ten years so now the finish is worn off of the blade giving it more character.

fedoracore
actually this entire thread is super fedoracore

t. Faggot pussy

>mfw I Get Tough and rock your shit.

switchblade not effay

This is Veeky Forums

>I enjoy carrying something that deploys just that extra bit faster and flashier

Consider a flipper knife, very similar to a switchblade but legal in more places.

niggers

>tfw illegal in the UK
I don't even want to be edgy I just want for the novelty.

>tfw switchblades are illegal in my state

who are you?

Anything to put distance between the two of you

Hey thats the knife i carry too. but mine has a special operations insignia making it more or less fa.

very noice b8 m8 wp

I bought a switchblade in dtla chinatown before too, albeit a 2 inch tiny one, its junk