The hyped Supreme box logo hoodies are dropping this week

The hyped Supreme box logo hoodies are dropping this week.
How likely is it to cop one on release?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BcX1DRbFTuU/?taken-by=supcommunity
m.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Im4xlSG5M
grailed.com/listings/4007814-Supreme-Box-Logo-Hoodie-Rust-Brown
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By no means a Veeky Forumsggot, so please indulge me in this because I'd rather listen to the informed opinions of those who follow and care about fashion before I pass judgement on this trend.

Is it like the postmodern ready-made art of the fashion world?
Give me a quick rundown of the demographic and psychographic of Supreme buyers.

>demographic
14-25 year olds who want to be cool

>psychographic
Literal mouth breathers who don't have any sense of style on their own and so buy what everyone else is buying. This created a feedback loop where for some reason it just became very cool to wear supreme and as such is at the status it is now.

Have you ever done a Supreme drop online before? You need to know what you're doing or else you will not be getting one. I've been following fashion drops for a while now and this years Supreme bogo drop seems to be the most hyped of all time. I have a black one from last year so don't need to partake but the sellout times of almost anything hyped this year has gotten quicker and quicker than ever.

Thought so. I think it's representative of a broader way of consuming representative art which transcends fashion. It's bypassing any standard of beauty, has no aesthetic syntax apart from it being iconoclastic (logo on basic-wear) and edgy without specifying clearly what it is protesting against (it sees value in the mere act of being contrarian without expressing a position) and promotes the attainment of prestige without merit or aesthetic coherence. Just vane, self-indulgent, self-righteous prestige chasing faggotry. Funny to see how cultural inclinations manifest themselves simultaneously in all the arts.

Are these items expensive?

Considering Supreme probably (source: sellout times TNF x Supreme last week) has done SOMETHING against super quick bots you will have a BIGGER but still a small chance of getting one.
Easily sellable desu and guaranteed 1k+ resell while the price is 220(?), don't even bother trying if you've have tried to buy before

May the resell and card declined gods be with you lads

The actual retail prices of Supreme is pretty decent, it's why a lot of kids are into it. Tshirts are $30/40 (depending on if it's a collab), hoodies/sweatshirts are $140 and even all the way up to jackets are a few hundred max. It's pretty reasonable for a kid with a part time job or even mildly flush parents to pick up a few times per season. Resale is nuts but only a few items, namely the box logo hoodies as it's the staple and anything North Face. Everything else Supreme sells will sell out fast but if you really want something and are willing to stalk out grailed/ebay etc you'll get it for retail too.

That's the most overly verbose post I've seen on Veeky Forums in a long time.

as opposed to making it 'sufficiently' verbose? the irony in your post. you must be a supreme fanboy.

>representative of a broader way of consuming representative art which transcends fashion. It's bypassing any standard of beauty, has no aesthetic syntax apart from it being iconoclastic (logo on basic-wear) and edgy without specifying clearly what it is protesting against (it sees value in the mere act of being contrarian without expressing a position) and promotes the attainment of prestige without merit or aesthetic coherence. Just vane, self-indulgent, self-righteous prestige chasing faggotry. Funny to see how cultural inclinations manifest themselves simultaneously in all the arts.
bretty good m8, fully agree

>postmodern ready-made art
readymades were modernist REEEEEEEEEE

Hey, they've got some good collections and designs. Like the new Supreme Akira drop in late october, that was a really good one. I copped the lime hoodie with Neo Tokyo on the back. No box logo bullshit. And also it's not very pricy, if you buy everything the minute it drops and/or not slow.

well yeah, you're right, on the historical continuum at least. But I wasn't only referring to Duchamp's subversive shit. I was referring to the latter half of the 20th century when they took a life of their own, rather than a one-off normative critique.

How difficult do you think it is to achieve the success that Supreme and BAPE have reached? To me it seems like there's a certain formula to appeal to the hype beast crowd.

>get lots of (black) famous people to wear your brand
>dont do anything cringy like assc
>keep stock low and make the person wearing it feel like he bought something exclusive
>make it affordable to the point where kids can safely ask to use their parents cc

>low effort
>tiling images
>screenprinted
>terrible placing

>really good

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAH

*inhale*

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAH

are the hoodies at least comfy

Fucking kek, all their "good" items aren't even made by themselves. Akira is just straight from manga, UC collab was deisgned by Jun's team, CdG as well. Only good things they produce are either not done by themselves
or feature work of someone else that makes it good (you can put same still on any other hoody and it would look as good).

would it be good idea to buy then resell

ha ha
look at the retard

found the guy who is on the "i dont like supreme thus im effay as fuck" train.

literally their best pieces are the least branded, non-collab ones

Yes, box logo hoodies on Grailed go for 800+. But everyone is going to be going after these so your chances of copping one are slim.

>t. illiterate nigger

>dont do anything cringy like assc

you seem to have forgot about something

yep, bought one from last years drop. one of the best and comfiest hoodies i have ever bought. the hoodies are still made in america, t-shirts and almost everything else is made elsewhere.

>overly verbose

lmao

holy fuck that's an ugly sweater hahahahaha

is it even possible for a hoodie to not be comfy? even $12 walmart hoodies are comfy

is it cool if i put this in front of my appartement ironically? i don't even have a gun

12 HOURS LADS

MAY THE CARD DECLINED GODS BE WITH YOU

It'll be robbed and on ebay within 2 hours of you putting it outside.

which colour except pink will give me the most chance?

Brown or the light Blue one. SupCommunity have a good hype chart here: instagram.com/p/BcX1DRbFTuU/?taken-by=supcommunity

thanks lad hopefully ill be quick enough

I have a bot and I still think I won't be fast enough or will get the card decline.

huh, i live in a white neighborhood and didn't even consider that a possibility, but you're probably right. it's not worth it.

alright so as an experienced reseller, these are going to go pretty fast

i was going to drive down to LA and camp out like i did last year, but due to circumstances i'm just going to cop online

no bot, i copped cdg and other bogos in the past

just go for a nonhyped color
go for like the brown or red
i'll be extremeley easy

i copped the akira supreme easy too lol

>affordable
kek

How does that even happen? I had that during the TNF drop

Good luck user, I think this one will be the most hyped though so this will go quicker than akira

oh yeah i know

desu i might just go for gray medium since i know they stock a shit ton of them

whats your technique?i just have a chrome autofill extension and i just reload on the sweaters/tops (whatever its going to be on) page and just bam cart chekcout

you?

Gray is the most hyped one though desu, i'll just go for brown
Are you using the default extension or one from the extension store? I'm either thinking of using my laptop as I'll be at uni or using my phone with fillr. Since they (might have) changed it that people checking out faster than X amount of time I think I genuinely have a chance with my phone but I'm not sure if I should use my phone or laptop as I still have to put the autofill info on my laptop.

i usually just use the default one and have to manually copy paste my credit card and type the ccv but fuck that , too much time wasted
going to gte the one from the store and lmao i figured black was the most hyped lol, i thought it was
black>pink>grey>blue/yellow>red>brown lol

>no money for box logos

good thing christmas is coming around also these colors look fucking wack somewhat

No one has a solid lead on why the card decline or TOS violations happen. People think its autofill being blocked but no one has a clue.

i always figured the reason the card decline was not using the correct billing address/shipping address shit

and tos is bots checking out too fast

autofill hasn't been blocked

attempting to cop for first time,

tips aside from copping unhyped colors?

let's be serious you only like it because it has anime on it

>Production Numbers Are The Highest They Have Ever Been As Every Store Will Have Around 1000 Pieces For The Public Maybe Even A Little More & Dover Will Have A Couple Hundred

DropsByJay just said each store will have at least 1k bogos for the public to sell, that's a LOT more than almost any item they carry so should be a lot more available online too. For reference all the TNF jackets sold out last week by the time the 100th person made it into the store.

there was a TON last year, i'd estimate a shit ton because literally from around 8 am to 1pm people still copped , i got in at around 12noon and there were still 3 colors left and i copped black, gray and cow camo (had my mom and brother with me)

online however i'm not sure about

just try your best man, go for it lol
just be ready and make sure your internet doesn't cut out

dude chill

are you sure he meant 1000 bogos specifically or could it be 1000 pieces for the drop?
1000 bogos with the 1 per person rule sounds like a shitload of inventory.

He meant the bogo. Even with 1 per person and 1k they'll still sell through by the end of tomorrow in the stores.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Im4xlSG5M

Last year's box logo had a ton of hype and it's looking to be even crazier this year.

If they didn't produce more inventory this year then you could have seen resell rape going up to $2k.

Kind of related question guys. Coukd someone please ID this Supreme hoodie? Like the year it dropped or if it has a specific name?

Is it even physically possible to cop online without a bot?

only gonna attempt for the resale tee bee aych
absolutely. have a decent internet connection, clear your cache (or fresh install another browser), have autofill set up, and have a back up card incase your first one doesn't work for whatever reason. small and medium sell out the quickest, so depending on your size you may or may not get lucky. it's all luck m9, and if it doesn't work out in your favor just try again next season.

Thanks for the tips I am large.

well, turns out London was a mistake.

>800+
fuck me I sold my grey hoodie with red box logo in like 2011 for maybe 200

also passed up on the leopard nuptse TNF collab because I thought "nobody will buy this." Then fucking drake wore it and they're easily 1k+

Well that was a fucking disaster. Site shit itself in the UK drop and didn't even load the cart button for me.

iktf
>got captchas but they kept disapearing
>process payment button didnt work
i unironically wouldve gotten it if i didnt get captcha i think

Here you go

hello Veeky Forums

Cheers m8.

Ebay UK prices seem to have hit the mark of between £600 and £700 for the bogos. Insane.

nigga i love akira but the supreme x akira drop was there most low-effort in fucking ages; honestly a terrible drop.

their

>credit card declined

website 404'd for me, why was that?

and if its crashing for me then how is everyone else getting through

i was fucked by going for the red one. i had to solve an absurd number of captchas, and it was gone the the time i was finished, and the black one was still available. needless to say i didn't get that either

at least you got to the checkout.
got the grey hoodie the split second it went up, got it in cart, and then suddenly the site 404'd on me for 6 minutes straight.
how the fuck did anyone cop with the site crashing?

Black one was In cart then it 404d to shit.
everyone taking L's

>first time buying bogo
>be Canadian cuck
>set up auto fill
>get ready
>11:00
>refreshing like a mad man
>site fucking crashes
>every bogo is sold out
>suddenly restock, get iceblue large
>$168 USD
>$168+$20s/h+$20tax+$30 duty, okay $238
>238 USD...$304CAD

FUCKING I HATE BY A CANADIAN

oh guess i'll just saveit and resell it for $1k really wanna keep it tho

grailed.com/listings/4007814-Supreme-Box-Logo-Hoodie-Rust-Brown

Brown in Large sold for $1,145 on Grailed.

My buddy sold medium gray for 1100 on eBay within five mins of posting.

I took four losses this morning will be waiting for alleged restock all day.

sell half of it ;)