WIll getting braces affect on my facial structure or my jaw line in any way?

WIll getting braces affect on my facial structure or my jaw line in any way?

ur facial structure will probably get better

not at all. unless the dentists themselves say they'll be doing something to the jaw like breaking it in or out of place. it's common and they'll tell you if they have to do it. if they do then in most cases it'll affect your jaw and face sctructure beneficially actually because it'll be put back into the correct position.

also sage because bad teeth are effay

i wanna get braces cause my front teeth are not straight but shit its such a hassle and im afraid i'd look stupid with braces

MY theeth arent that bad, its just a minor bite issue

it's scary thinking about an operation focused on the jaw which is basically the money maker of the face but worst case scenario it doesn't affect the look at all. likely scenario is it makes it better and more defined so don't worry

depends

depends

if you're over 18 not likely, only extractions can really change face bone

get vit d and calcium so you dnt get cavities, so dentists don't make money off you.

ON what?
What if i’m 18?

as long as you don't get extractions it won't

>tfw had expensive braces and jaw expander as a child
>still at best have an average jaw

what kind of braces you get

>tfw just got braces put on
feels bad for doing it at such a late age but good for finally doing it

Depending on the severity of an overbite/underbite, braces will bring your lips inward to some degree.

e.g. If your lips reach out further than your mouth, the tip of your nose will reach out further than your lips.

edit: I meant:

e.g. If your lips reach out further than the tip of your nose, the tip of your nose will reach out further than your lips after braces.

No, they will not unless your ortho extracts and pulls the teeth back to camouflage a dentofacial deformity. That would make you uglier and your profile even more convex.

Only jaw surgery can correct a dentofacial deformity if you are an adult.

THanks famo, at some point i was hoping for it to make my jawline more defined but i guess im having my hopes too high

getting braces get yo shit fixed up, thats a fat w

I'm about to get braces at 19, don't be such a fucking pussy and own it.

i got my bracers at 17 mainly for bite issue and my top lip and cheeks look a lot bettet
i should point out that during this time i lost weight and cut out sugar almost completely from my diet

plus grills like when you get wild colours on your braces
its a plus since iwear olny basic colours like black white and some burgundy shirts

You should definitely get braces. Not only is it better for your teeth, it's also a huge confidence booster. One thing I must say is that when you wear braces, your mouth will puff out. It will look like your doing a slight duckface, but hey, that comes with the territory.

Granted I read it from here some years ago but I remember an user saying how getting braces alone won't fix your jawline but you must also do a mouth exercise as well. Like rest of your life type of exercise. He talked about how having braces and combining it with keeping your mouth shut with your teeth in a sort of bite motion along with pushing your tongue against the roof of your mouth will seriously improve your overall profile when you get them removed. I've been doing to tongue against the roof thing for years and noticed that my jaw has become more noticeable but I still plan on getting braces when I get the chance.

GOod shit user, ive finally decided and ill get them on March of 2018, wish me luck!!!

>tfw 22 years old with shit teeth

Soon as I graduate and get some real income, I'm gonna get braces ASAP.

>they will not unless your ortho extracts and pulls the teeth back
They did this with me to fix my overbite and I have to agree that it made me uglier. I'd say it took me from an 8 to a 7 facially. It made the centre of my face (maxilla) less pronounced, so I have a flatter, less angular face now. Although it did mean my cheekbones look more pronounced so there's that.

It's absolutely disgusting that this info about tooth extraction in orthodontics isn't more well known. They're unnecessarily making people uglier for the rest of their lives, and then also charging them extortionate amounts for the service. Never EVER trust the advice of someone who stands to gain money from you depending on what choices you make. Titles, status, professionalism and trust all go out the window in the end because people are inherently very selfish.

I had my braces removed this year and I look so much better, but it's because I had 4 of my premolars removed to fix my overbite.

I forgot to mention that I can post a before and after picture if you're interested

Anyone noticed the braces meme on SEA girls? Whats up with that?

please do

my ortho gave me a big fake smile before removing my 4 wisdom teeth.

Yes, but it depends on which kinds of braces you're gonna get and if your dentist deems it necessary.

I am personally still getting braces and at this point I am in the later stages of the process, where I'm just getting the spaces between my teeth lessened.

Before this, I had what is called a herbst (pic related), which is a sort of jaw lock which forces your bite into the correct posture. This was because I had a small overbite óf 6 mm and a "deep bite", which meant my lower front teeth went far upper front teeth when biting.

To counter this, I got the herbst, which forced my bite into a proper position. I had it about a year (it wasn't terrible either, but I had a few incidents of encumbrance), before I got it off and instead used elastics to keep my jaw where it is and fix the spaces between my teeth.
Before all of this, I had very little jawline, but after I started using braces it's far more obvious and marked. Absolute wonder for my facial structure.

hey i got quads

>which meant my lower front teeth went far upper front teeth when biting.

which meant my lower teeth went far up behind my front teeth when biting*

I should add that I got my braces when I was 17, and reaching almost 20 now, but it made little difference to how effective the changes to my jawline were.

So in short, yes! Braces are fucking amazing, even though they suck to get used to.

thanks man, im this user and you really made me feel better about getting them
my situation is very similar to yours (with the overbite and the deep bite) and the late age and the very little jawline

got invisaline, made my jaw muscles much more prominent. still wear a clear retainer every day

Hey, I'm glad I could give you a cheer, that's what I do best. Braces certainly made me much more distinguished and marked in my faces, and definitely made me a lot more attractive too.

But that doesn't matter, as long as it makes you happy with you change. I almost didn't go for braces, but I won't regret the difference it made for me one bit.

Good luck user!

if you have rubber bands to fix an overbite, it'll pull your maxilla back to make the teeth align and make you look like an ugly faggot

Also, I'm 21 with an overbite. Got a quote for 6k for braces, is it worth it? What sort of facial gains can I expect to see?

None.

I have an underbite and the last time I went for a checkup they advised jaw surgery where they would essentially break my jaw

Would that improve my face or make it worse? I'm scared of the concept of something in my face being broken

Better late than never, you'll be glad you did.

Anyone on the fence about it, the sooner you start the sooner you get them off.

>I got braces at 27 and got them off earlier this year

Had lefort 1

recommend surgery

It's not even that scary

Didn't make me signficantly less ugly though

BUmp

>also sage because bad teeth are effay
poorfag detected lmao