Why are European ex-colonies so retarded?

>we want our freedom, leave us alone
>European country eventually offers independence
>whatever infrastructure, political system, education the colony had, it immediately collapses
>colony turns into 'random third world country no. 149'
>"well yeah, we don't have anything to eat, we live in favelas also our kids are illiterate,but at least we're free :^)"
>seeing their example another colony starts crying for 'muh freedums'
>rinse and repeat

Like really? A lot of colonies had roads and houses that rivaled Europe's in quality. But they turned it all to shit. The only exceptions from this rule are a few Anglo colonies. And would you look at that, places where Europeans still rule, the quality of life there is comparable to that of Europe.
Subhumans.

>inb4 "muh education and enviornmental factors are more important than genetics" meme
>inb4 "only 50 years of independence"
South America is still shit
>inb4 "muh oppressive genocidal regime"
look at China and Korea, colonized and massacred by the opium wars and Japanese Imperialism, still ages head of Africa

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A0C4_88ub_M
youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>whatever infrastructure, political system, education the colony had, it immediately collapses

the only infrastructure was made to suck raw resources and send them to their land, and other buildings to maintain order trough military oppresion.

>political system

"there is a king very very far away, he rules you all and you arent allowed to fight his rule"

>Education

what education? they were taught the basics to perform manual labor and thats it

none of them expected to end up being shit, they all just rebelled at the same time hoping they can finally own the resources, land, food and govern themselves because freedom, but things didint turn out well.

plus it doesnt help colonial empires forcefully drew borders and separated them so they fought amongst themselves, which on the future would cause even more trouble.

I agree with everything you said, but imagine Africa sans European colonization.

>savage warlords eating and enslaving each other
>Arab slavers
>that's it

The problem lies in tribalism. Even though Europeans turned Africa into an accumulation of rather large countries, tribal conflicts never stopped. Once the Europeans left, Africans went straight back to killing each other over age-old feuds. In the meantime they forgot to take care of the infrastructure, technology, ect. that Europe left them.
This is also causing the corruption, which is quite a big problem in Africa; politicians favour those from their own tribe and will put them into prestigious positions.

Not directly addressing the topic, but does anyone know the source of OP's webm? I've seen it so many times but never looked into where it's from.

a lot of african countries were doing well and fought off warlords (like rhodesia) until the cold war happened,the constant communist and capitalist guerillas, coups and dictator installments were what put the final coffin on africa's grave.

who knows how a non colonized africa would have turned out since thats a really big shift in history so im not gonna argue that.

I think it may be from Africa

Empire of dust:
youtu.be/A0C4_88ub_M

It's Empire of Dust
youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M

/thread

It also doesn't help the fact that the Europeans never left Africa, they continued to exert influence over their former colonies by toppling regimes, forcing them to sign predatory trade agreements, and controlling them economically through third party global organizations such as the IMF.

Dust of Empires, I think.
AKA chinks coming to suck up the rest of the resources.

lmao
thank you friends

It's from the "Empire of Dust" documentary. It can be watched here: youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M

>le evil europeans are responsible for africas situation xD
>they tryna keep a nigga down!!!1!
>AFRICANS DINDU NUFFIN IT WAS ALL THOSE EVIL WHITES WITH THEY TECHNOLOGY N ROADS N SHIT!!!!

There's literally no one who even vaguely implied that you illiterate retarded /pol/ack mong.

how the fuck are europeans not responsable for how shitty africa is right now? it doesnt matter in what alternate universe they were free and still are shit, in this one the europeans screwed things up and all evidence supports that.

but i guess its not totally their fault, when all you know is dictatorship and manual labor, all the dudes with guns just instantly say "fuck it, we own the land" and then run the country like shit because they never got good education and also felt for european predatory deals, but that still dates back to european oppresion.

The worst is when this occurs

>"ughh Europe, you and your culture absolutely suck, and we cannot wait to be rid of you! never again we will let ourselves be ruled by whites!"
>some years later, Africa has regressed into the shithole it was beforehand
>"hello Europe :3, can we emigrate to your country to suck up jobs please :3, we would love to live in your country where things are splendid because of your ingenious white leaders :3 so please can we come over?"
>or alternatively, "sure you can colonize us China! we've apparently fought for decades for our freedom, but lets muddy that with neo-colonialism by China!"

This

were you dropped as a baby?

it really goes like this

>"it sucks that we are cant own anything in our own land, we should rebel so we can own it and be free just like how europeans always talk about freedom"
>"omg our rebel leaders just became our new dictators and are massacring everyone, this was a mistake, we need to leave the country or else we go back to slave labor"
and alternatively
>"hello yes im a dictator of some african shithole, i dont care about any of the people and i just want to get really rich, yeah sure china you can suck everything out of this hellhole i don't care if it makes everyone else even poorer"

The problems had many more causes and ethnic strife is not the cause but the effect such as strained resources.

Blaming the Bosnian genocide on just plain old tribalism instead of multiple causes is just plain silly.

You posted this on /int/

oh hell those fucking migrants aren't even getting jobs they just sit around all day leeching off the welfare while merkel actively continues to advocate for that open border policy European countries absolutely cannot sustain

>or alternatively, "sure you can colonize us China! we've apparently fought for decades for our freedom, but lets muddy that with neo-colonialism by China!"

Why do the west say this when they engage in the same thing but even harsher?

>this is what /pol/ believes.
>doesn't realise the economic and social factors which make Africa a shit hole.
>thinks that colonialism was a gid thing!
>the colonials wuz gud bois we dindu nuffin.

What's next? You're going to tell me that the white Nordic race is superior?

That basically only applies to Africa.

Decolonization happened because running those colonies was expensive and France and England realized it would be smarter to pull out politically while still hold a firm grip economically on the colonies and their resources. It was also in the middle of the cold war and both the USSR and the US had an interest in dismantling the colonial empires and later create, fund and back up insurgence, contras and puppet dictators in those countries.

Considering that China gives them better deals than European neo-colonialism: Would you not?

The Chinese throughout the Afghanistan conflict continued their mining conditions there uninterrupted. Why?

Unlike Europe they do not fuck their partners over. They are not benevolent, yep. But they do not pretend to be, and they do delivar.

Korea and Japan got massive aid from the USA.
China is still pretty shitty in large part of its nation and does shady shit with its yuan value as well as trying to delay the inevitable freezing of its economic growth and shit like wages as well as a potential crash of sorts.

>all this anti-white bullshit ITT
Kek just stop guise

>>"omg our rebel leaders just became our new dictators and are massacring everyone, this was a mistake, we need to leave the country or else we go back to slave labor"
They should've known that European colonialism were the only elements to be hindering their older traditions from being reawakened. Although African apologist may weep, and I think that Bob Marley's lyrics revolving around an Africa comparable to the garden of Eden, that Europe supposedly confiscated their traditions from them, the only true practices that they forbade Africans from perpetuating were tribalism sometimes, traditions of infighting, and more frighteningly Islamic extremism in Maghrebin colonies. Those colonial subjects ought to have known that in revering the Africa of old, these would the things they would relapse into somewhat purposefully.

The only blame Europe might truly endorse is that they were sometimes too brutal in negating freedom for those colonies, allowing only the most extreme rebel groups to prevail in the end (Islamic fundamentalist within the FLN in french Algeria (heh my gramps tortured some), or Mau Mau rebels in Kenya), certainly dooming those colonies to an unhappy end. Or Belgian forces assassinating Lumumumba certainly did not bequeath a gleeful future for them, but we cannot know for sure whether the Congo would've inevitably gravitated once more towards infighting due to their ancient ethnic disagreements.

As to China, what mong are you! Their most notable partners are all democracies (SA, Kenya, Caneroon, Nigeria). To Africans, the only trait to distinguish colonialism endured Europeans and China is that they conceive subjugation to chinese as less humiliating, because for decades already and since Badoeng, China has been heaving unto itself this false image of being a champion of the Third World. It's an outright lie but Africans eat it up and let themselves be colonized, all smiles this time.

>Muh evil IMF

Fuck off Naomi Klein

>That basically only applies to Africa.
Nope, India, the Middle East, Indonesia, Latin America, etc. are all varying degrees of shit.

Not even the OP from that thread, just interested on the responses on Veeky Forums because /int/ is basically a white supremacist /pol/ echochamber

Like we dump our food into their markets to crush them, sell/donate expired medicine in trade, enact heavily unequal trade agreements that fuck them over, fund and support land grabs, support corruption if it benefits us, doing shit like funding stupid shit like Bridge International academies of organisations that are owned or in the pockets of our governments/upper class, use the imf or wb to chuck poor nations into bring our hoes etc.

What China does is not that impressive.

>As to China, what mong are you! Their most notable partners are all democracies (SA, Kenya, Caneroon, Nigeria). To Africans, the only trait to distinguish colonialism endured Europeans and China is that they conceive subjugation to chinese as less humiliating, because for decades already and since Badoeng, China has been heaving unto itself this false image of being a champion of the Third World. It's an outright lie but Africans eat it up and let themselves be colonized, all smiles this time.

Africans are aware of this though do you not read editorials or news articles?

I call that the Rhodesia effect. Destroying the moderates leaving the extremists to take over. Fuck the FLN.

Welcome to /Pol/ 0.75

Because Africans retort hypocritically to those two. For each neo-colonial "ploy" Europe engages in, Africans are all wary and sometimes unthankful. There were some interviews shown about Africans commenting french military participation in ousting Muslim fighters from Mali (operation Serval) and all the interviewed were spitting in France's face. Meanwhile, they entertain this delusion that "omg China so grateful! China so much like us, once colonized and now great world power! With them, we will be kangz again!".

The actions from both sides are appalling, but so is the African hypocrisy in its reaction.

>Africans are aware of this though do you not read editorials or news articles?
Where could I read some then? I can concede that I pretty much only read European, american and sometimes asian news outlets.

>You're going to tell me that the white Nordic race is superior?
The "Nordic race" consists of whites. Whites are superior to blacks (look at world history, white culture vs. black culture, ect). Therefore, the "Nordic race" is superior to non-white races.

Your point?

Perhaps because Mali experienced Frances policy first hand and not China?

Stop trying to make this a kangz shit sidea switching is common in places where both sides are a nit ideal but you need someone so you pick your poison.

> #
>>You're going to tell me that the white Nordic race is superior?
>The "Nordic race" consists of whites. Whites are superior to blacks (look at world history, white culture vs. black culture, ect). Therefore, the "Nordic race" is superior to non-white races.
>Your point?

Goodness, can you please desist from this retardation. I'm trying to argue a point that the woes of colonialism have been greatly distorted over time, but you're certainly not helping win this argument.

>The "Nordic race" consists of whites.

Nice stealing the achievements of other euros as your own. Let me guess, new worlder?

>Let me guess, new worlder?
Nope, German.
Sorry.

>look at China and Korea, colonized and massacred by the opium wars and Japanese Imperialism, still ages head of Africa

Yeah but then again, look who lives in Africa..

Like most American elections for example.

>so you pick your poison.
Whatever but can we at least agree that it's sometimes a tad hypocritical? I'm thankful that Africa is seeking out all sorts of measures to perfect itself, because I'm tired of them burdening the human race with their shit, but fact is that how they commemorate their colonial past is made hypocritical by how grateful they seem to the Chinese

Not just Africa. South America is getting sick of Chinese interest too.

And let's not forget Southeast Asia.

But they have a fuckton of criticism towards the Chinese and/or their own governments.

Chinese-African war when?

Two birds, one stone.

>Goodness, can you please desist from this retardation. I'm trying to argue a point that the woes of colonialism have been greatly distorted over time, but you're certainly not helping win this argument.
Just kill yourself. Defending the white race should be your first priority. You're a traitor to your people.

you must be confused, this is the History & Humanities board.

So?

its not the proper place to take your race war tard rage to.

>You're a traitor to your people.
Says the german that threw us all into Europe's ruin with their selfish and arrogant wars.

My country has done nothing but heave the white subspecies to their rightful place, while germans have had no exploits other than tumbling it down.

But seriously, germans /pol/acks are the worst. "Muh vikings", "muh prussians that had to be saved by Russia", "muh nazis that couldn't even hold some grasp on Europe for more than four years".

So you have no right to utter those words, and accuse me instead of being a traitor, espèce de Boche et de Fritz.

Yeah, but I wasn't talking about your country, I was talking about (You).

>dude just let them slander the white people, iz alright :DD

>I was talking about (You).
I'm advocating that colonialism should've been maintained. How am I did honoring the memory of Europe? I hate to be the one to disclose this to you, but in today's world, referring to "whites as the masterrace" has you lose the argument by default, be it on Veeky Forums or tumblr. Hence, why there are subtler means to argue for European hegemony over the world than some racist ramblings.

Cold War fucked with them. America and Soviets was able to install retarded leaders by a whims if such leaders sign up unto their ideological brand.

learning from other's mistakes instead of attributing them as victories is what retards do.

don't be a retard user

dishonoring*

Fuck this shit.

>implying white people ever made mistakes

I agree with him. Germans ruined Europe with war and another even more retarded war. You can't be more retarded that this if you care about the race.

>How am I dishonoring the memory of Europe?
By hiding behind rhetoric out of fear.

Of course they aren't! Thats why they need him to defend white people against... I dunno totally non-mistakes of the past and present.

they seem to be making a really big one right now by letting those inmigrants in

which is a consequence of another mistake made by white people called the gulf war

which was also a consequence by white people called the Treaty of Versailles

> Let's use arguments that doesn't work instead!
Better to show how I respect the white people than trying to realistically improve the situation, I guess.

If you want to see that just watch Terraformars you brat.

>I'm advocating that colonialism should've been maintained.

It was unsustainable.

You fuckers destroyed Europe, twice, you are just Africans with an industry.

>Better to show how I respect the white people than trying to realistically improve the situation, I guess
Yes

Other than racism as an explanation, which I don't believe, the main explanation is simply that they have very little experience in running their own affairs as a modern nation, so it breaks down. That alongside other issues like the usual rapid population growth, make it very hard to manage.

They will and are learning and stabilising and some becoming wealthy good countries.

Western nations are built upon centuries if not millennia of ingrained cultural beliefs about how civilisation should work and be ran, other nations don't quite have this.

This is why you simply cannot install democracy in the middle east, they have no idea, as a collective (Which is all that matters in these situations) of how to be a democracy. When one side wins an election fairly, the side that lost fairly, can't take it, they cant understand, and like a sore loser they rise up as a rebellion and try to have a coup or become insurgents.

The only reason this doesn't happen in the west is the centuries of gradual transition from absolute monarchy rule to complete democracy, over centuries, with enough time and pace so that almost every single western person is raised to believe, and does, to their very core, that the democratic, modern system is how we do things, is the natural order, even the most far right of us still finds it totally natural even if they claim to desire a dictator.

Nations without this extremely important cultural pedigree will struggle not just in democracy but also in everything else related to running a modern country from how to maintain a vast and complicated infrastructure to how to educate their children.

Over time, they will learn as we have, and too stand on the shoulders of giants.

That's racist

Not so much. On the surface it can look so but go and live in those countries and life is nice. India and Indonesia especially. They're not like central Africa, there are poor people but they're not even close to the majority of the population and it's not like they don't have malls and nice hotels and proper schools and shit.

>Muh Africa
Youre discounting Southeast Asia and Latin America. Which are shitholes but aren't total losses.

chile is already seeing massive improvements dispite tons of years of bad decisions so anything is possible.

Nobody ever taught China how to do anything, amd back then it was poorer, more overpopupated and ravaged by imperialism and civil war.

China has this myth around it due to the vastness of it, that's amazing and everything is well. The reality is that it is a wealthy country but it isn't much different to India, it has plenty of poor people living in near poverty, contrasted by huge cities full of a rising and expanding middle class.

Indonesia is less shit than what most people percieve, yes.

Howwver, consider that they were, up until the 90s, ruled by a military dictator. And that the political process has to exrend to a shit ton of islands, some of which don't even know that democracy is a thing.

Life is pretty bad there, even on the main islands. But not completely shit.

The Philipines is politically worse off and Malaysia is trying to reinstitute fascism. Myanmar ia slowly transitioning away from a military junta to... yeah, let's just say Aung San Syu Kyi is a chip off the old block and leave it at that. Vietnam is still communist in name, Thailand is several riots away from economic collapse and no one cares about Cambodia or Laos.

And Singapore outperdifies the eternal Anglo.

I don't know, having lived in many of these countries that on the internet would be called complete shitholes, my perspective on them is very different. Life is basically the same as the west, except you eat the same food more often and the walls tend to need a good lick of paint. Also women have to put up with vastly more shit than they ever do in the West which feminists all ignore. Even walking down the street is a chore for them.

I live in Singapore. I've known and worked with peoples from Southeast Asia. I've even forced to read the propagandistic drivel that passes for news in the general area and read as much as my interest held about the issues in the area.

I'll agree with you that living in theae places as a male is fundamentally not much different, save for the amount of cash in your pocket. And females do have it rough in places that isn't Singapore.

There's still a lot of poor and destitute people in Southeast Asia, and in almost all of them, you can see shanty towns and shit.

And I still can't believe the Flip middle class voted in a fucking dictator. I wish Ramon Magsaysay would rise from his grave and run again.

Agreed. /pol/ tards always laments the loss of empires yet they never point out the obvious retard nation which is germany that ruined everything. Just short sighted stupiditiy, we deserve our fate.

wow op you should write a book

>it's a "LOL NIGGERS XD" thread

Wait, you mean that the infrastructure that was primarily built for extracting and transporting natural resources didn't turn into large megacities after the Europeans left? Truly mind boggling

That's simply not true. In the case of Sudan for example, the British not only reenforced the old tribal system but they created a totally new and more complex tribal and ethnic system.

> pic related

Are you saying the Europeans should have built megacities for the Africans?

>the British are to blame for human nature

how did you get that from what I said?

>infrastructure to help sell other countries resources isn't good
Lmao

I have a proposition.
While all the war refugees are coming here. Why don't we just collectively pack our shit up and move to their place? Just fix it up and create Constantinopel 2.0 or some shit. And then when they inevitably mismanage Europe into the ground and want to go back we can fall back on the ancient rule of no backsies.

The English are to blame for everything.

>t. Scot

>rinse and repeat...

rinse?
wtf

>t. Self-hating German

they did make a mistake user

that mistake was you.

so when will Africa finally shake off the final shackles of foreign tempering and colonialism and become less of a joke?

>inb4 when hell freezes over

In current conditions, hundreds of years

Actually, Africa will have severe warming and hundreds of millions of climate refugees

There are maybe four or five countries in sub-Saharan Africa that can reach or hold on to less than third world status, the rest will be utter shit, arid and desolate

>
Agreed. /pol/ tards always laments the loss of empires yet they never point out the obvious retard nation which is germany that ruined everything.
British and French colonies were better funded and supported militarily and economically because of WWII.

Next few decades.

I wonder where those refugees wants to go