Loafers/Boat Shoes/Driving Shoes General

Cop or nah?
First time getting these kinds of shoes for casual wear.

I've always heard that driving shoes aren't very durable when it comes to just walking around and going about your day. You might like camp moccasins if you're going for a casual everyday shoe.

Loafers yes but don't wear boat shoes unless you're actually intending to get on a fucking boat.

Sebago makes great boat shoes. I get them online.

I'll check em out, bout to buy these but the online transaction is down for another 15 mins

don't bamboozle me Veeky Forumsm, I can't tell if you're serious or nah

On the fence about these but probably gonna cop

btw my country is pretty warm most of the time, I wear bermuda shorts on a daily basis

I don't know why but boat shoes always reminds me of rawhide dog treats/toys

I'm serious.

But please, PLEASE, dont be that guy. Use socks.

Boat shoes are great casual all rounders.

>tfw out of stock

t. r/mfa ca. 2014

I'm not a big fan of tassel loafers. They have way too much going on and are often seen as an antiquated shoe.

I wouldn’t be caught dead with bare ankles

When you're wearing shorts, as you've said, you actually should only wear no show socks.

Penny loafers are great too. But luafers in general are less safe/functional in certain situations. I should not wear slip ons or full leather soles are work for example, due to safety. And even if its not the case, they are always less functional/safe/call it as you wish.

Cool loafers, man. Boat shoes suck.

boat shoes are more for casual wear, I'd imagine it going well with 3-quarter pants compared to loafers, imo.

Loafers are casual already. Why would you wear those hideous boat shoes, when you can wear nice and simple loafers?

i forgot i cant have opinions on the internet
i'd go for loafers when i'm older, wearing them now would make me look like a proper cunt. especially in a tropical country.

Of course you can have your own opinions, but so can i. Get it? Sandals are better than boat shoes, also from a functional aspect in a tropical climate

I've got a pair of trusty sandals always ready for a quick out-and-back for running errands and such.
I needed a pair because my sandals are super hideous and buying nice looking sandals is a pretty stupid thing to do, from my experience. They either don't last long, and/or are quite pricey. I'm considering getting loafers for formal wear, but that would have to be until my next payday.
Anyways, curious to see how I'd fit in boat shoes as I've never owned a pair in my entire life and everyone seems to own at least one nowadays.

those are not boat shoes

Sandals dont protect your feet enough. And look awful.