Free time

What are some /effay/ ways to spend free time? Knowing what i know now at 23 years of age i can't possibly sit down and ACTUALLY play vidya. It's just not a thing i enjoy anymore.

Par example if you have literally a whole 24 hours of a day off with every chore done, every grocery bought and every clothing item purchased within the week wtf do you do? I almost feel WORSE if i were to use my time reading a novel other than playing vidya and leveling up characters and shit like i used to. 24 hour netflix binge is what i've been doing but with increasingly more free time i have no fucking idea what to do. I wish i could enjoy vidya again because it's the god of all time killers but i'll never be in a pathetic state of mind again to actually enjoy them.

Expressing yourself through art or deeper appreciation of art.

Basically cultivating an interest further than the average person would.

I make music, comics, cartoons and read about zoology. But that's me. Do what makes YOU happy and fascinated.

Music is far too easy. I can rip a instrumental from youtube and either sing or rap over it, and i have. As for art - i would argue the same reason it would have for music if music weren't easy and that would be the shareability. If i expressed myself through a journal or a canvas nobody would see it. As far as learning skills like archery or woodshop goes that is just far too unrealistic and expensive although that is what i would care for. I think reading about stuff that interests me as you have the zoology would be the best instead of watching family guy all day.

To counter that, sadly i don't even have an interest really. I never did. I have memories about this certain thing which is i always found it hard picking a wallpaper for a phone or a computer because i never had an interest. Some people would make it a dragonball z wallpaper, or their favorite band but i honestly can't think of anything i like that i would want to put as my phone background for example

I just Veeky Forums and /p/.

Photography is a good artistic outlet that's easily available. Just don't be That Guy with a massive DSLR.

My dslr is a fucking beast. Rip to your puny Polaroid Veeky Forumsggot

>music is too easy

Thats cause youre not actually making it
Try producing a good song from scratch and get back to me

I'm fully creative, I make music, write, take photos, take drugs and I'm in my second year of an Illustration course. However a few weeks ago my mum died, and even though she loved me and my sisters and kept redpilling me on how one day she would be dead and we would have to look after each other, I've ended up falling all the way back into consumerism and inactivity. My listestyle has become incredibly nihilistic and I'm not really sure what I'm waiting for

Crying is pretty effay. Also getting into fight clubs is effay. You could also try slipping condoms over your feet and lightly kicking your siblings in the face (bonus points if they're used)

You're overthinking it man, you have to make art with the idea that noone will ever see it except you. Audience is secondary.

And antthing can be an interest. I set aside two days each week just to watch/rewatch animated shows I like because I would like to make one some day.

I don't know man, I don't think any time is truly wasted if you're enjoying yourself.

My lecturer told me once "Whatever you're doing when you should be working, is what you should be trying to cultivate"

DSLRs are great, just don't be a weirdo peeping tom.

That's not a polaroid either, user. That's a fucking medium format SLR.

Sounds like your creative slingshot has been pulled back. Grief is an amazing catalyst for producing art.

My condolences user. That thought of losing a parent terrifies me.

That fag probably has a rebel t3i lmao

Making entry level/not-even-semi-pro DSLRs look like pro SLRs was a mistake.

you have a way with words helter. your words in this thread have not gone unnoticed, thank you for the kind gesture

Photography and Veeky Forums but they're both on the same tier as basically watching tv. Read books and experience the same stories you would experience if you were to watch movies, but you will be deemed and you will be feeling 'sophisticated'. As far as photography, it's just a meme. Only photographers appreciate photos which are like 1% of the population

>all books are fiction and are basically like tv
>only photographers appreciate photos
God damn user you really don't know shit. I'd tell you to read a book but I've got a feeling you've never done that and have no intention of starting.

so then is it a meme?
books are really good at helping with grammar and speech. This is something I've experienced personally

you've sarcastically greentexted true statements which looks really weird. unluckily for you - you can't delete replies on 4chins so you're stuck having posted that retarded reply

A book offers the same grammaritical advantage as a funny sitcom with subtitles, and possibly a disadvantage because on tv you can hear the words being spoken.

why would you use the example of a funny sitcom with subtitles? Are you trying to be wrong? because you're making a really delicate point which isnt completely shit but you're definitely not making any sense

dude, just shut the fuck up

If you ever post on this board again I'm calling the police

apologies, using 'funny sitcom' was my way of saying basically any style or genre of television would work in the example. i have just been trying to ttransition of a visual life to a more calm and literary style. My wisdom i've learned, take it or leave it is that going to a park and reading a book is sadly less charming, less cozier than being snuggled up on a couch in a blanket and with cocoa while watching a romantic comedy or a documentary.

It's not one big conspiracy to keep people out of books, it's just that books in general are a dying way of consuming media. It's just less practical. The full hunger games are represneted on film in less than 5 hours while the books takes 5 months to finish. Also it's arguably more beautiful on film because the books only cater to imagination

I know the study you are talking about amd it is ongoing/not entirely conclusive yet. The tactile sensation of turning a page allows you to retain more information than just a purely visual experience, as well as allowing you to associate previous literature you've consumed with what you are currently reading.

Okay, your views intrigue me, and I would like to know more.

hopefully i'm not some sort of successfull experiment of the government that they made me prefer visual stimula over the luxury of reading and flipping pages for full effect but honestly i've given up on the transition. Unless the book is
philosophical insight or outstanding literature classics (which are usually philosophy based) i won't even make an attempt at reading it.

The overall argument is that a cinephile = a bookworm. Not cinephile < bookworm which countless people tend to suggest. I'm not even a fan of movies or the acting industry but i would happily defend them in the fight of movie vs. book

Oh yeah dude totally, I get what you're putting down. No consumption of media is superior to another, more recent additions just tend to be viewed as lowbrow until something else overtakes the hype.

I think you should spend your time reading aesthetics so you can understand how patently false your views are.

eat my shorts

I mean he is kind of right. Especially if you're into aesthetic appreciation, Cinema Pur is a great medium for that