Mewing thread

>How long have you been mewing for?
>Has it actually helped you?
>Did you get tmj or bruxism?
>Would you recommend it?

Definitely recommend it if you've been mouthbreathing your whole life. I'm 4 months in and after the first couple weeks my mouth felt natural closed.
Now it feels strange to leave my mouth open.

I just wish someone told me to close my damn mouth when I was a kid. But I think it was mainly because I used to have a stuffy nose half the year (allergies)

I mew

Getting maxilla surgery anyway

idgaf anymore. Even if mewing works, 1 hour of surgery and 3 months of recovery > the next 3 decades of mewing

Your case sounds similar to mine. Even though I'm not very strict with mewing, just following the basic guidelines has proved to be beneficial for me after more than a year of doing so.

What is Mewing and why is it so shilled here?

>What is Mewing
altering your facial bone structure with your tongue positioning, which has absolutely no scientific backing and he's considered a hack in his area

>why is it so shilled here?
because it gives below averagefags hope that they will achieve model aesthetics by moving their tongue

you guys are fucking stupid

haven't you got some mouthbreathing to be doing

What surgery are you getting? double jaw or an anterior segmental osteotomy? What country are you in? And how much is it costing you?

Lefort 1

U.S. like $30k but I saved up for it

Is mewing just keeping your tongue on the roof of your mouth?
If so I've been mewing my entire life.

Most people "mew" naturally yes.

That's a really intense surgery, anterior segmental osteotomy seems slighly less intense. I hate how expensive oral surgery is. It's kinda hard for me to justify it.

it's a scam. just get fit and your jaw becomes angular, if you are predisposed to it

t. always had an oval face

>altering your facial bone structure with your tongue positioning
not gonna work unless you are under aged

might work if you had puberty late as some peoples faces dont finish developing until their early/mid 20s.

I do it to because it helps me breathe better.

I can sorta vouch for this.

Started mewing when I was 17 and now that I do it subconsciously I've noticed some very minute changes. Im 19 now and to be completely honest, its more of a confidence thing than actual jaw reformation. Would say its at least worth trying out if you're lacking in confidence around that area.

are you me

I've been doing it for a few weeks now and actually surprised, my left teeth pressed against my tongue tight but now they're in a more comfortable position. Don't know if any facial changes are just placebo though, will keep at it. Just want to keep my mouth closed when I sleep so I don't drool

I'll argue it's the chewing and tongue together and that it makes sense in theory, but after puberty and development I doubt it can make much of a difference. I have seen people who mew post 20 have significant changes within a couple years though. Thought I might as well bother since it's like really any effort or work outside of buying some gum.

>spending 30k on insecurity
whew lad that's a stupid move

I don't know about mewing, but one should be toning the muscles in their face with facial exercises. Don't know why this is so overlooked.