Do perms work

do perms work

yeah.

if youre a religious zealot about keeping the do alive and regularly manage it yourself while keeping it clean.

they "work."

yes, i'm asian and i've got them before. looked exactly the same as both before and after pics. don't have to use wax or even blow dry for your hair to stay wavy and poofy 24/7, i'd recommend it

Why would you trade wondeful straight hair for curls though?
I have slightly wavy hair and I would kill for straight hair.

Asian straight hair is fking disaster. It's thick, hard and you only have 2 options: nerdy buzz cut or soy boy style like the op's pic

The Korean text says Swallow Perm 2 block. wut

The haircut is called "2 Block" , it is the Korean's version of an undercut but for straight Asian hair instead of Caucasian Hair. I've been getting this haircut for about 3 months now. It's okay except you actually do have to go to the salon every 3 weeks otherwise it becomes a bowl cut (like in the "before" of OP's picture). I think I will try perming after seeing this thread.

I'm not asian but i have this problem, what about long hairstyles?

go watch how cosplayers trim their wig. It helps keeping your hair in shape for 1 or 2 more weeks until the sides look like shit
Idk most Asians cant pull that off

Asian Hair actually looks great long, the problem is that the awkward-growing out stage is really painful compared to other hair-types.

I don't mind going to the hair-salon often, the biggest issue is that I hate the bowl-cut look I get, which is why I want to try a perm.

Would the "After" hairstyle ( with the perm) look good on me?

Also do I have enough hair?

I guess it would look fine

nah you look better here, decent amount of wave and good texture. leave it.

Works. My perm has lasted me over a year and a half and I have thicc Asian hair. It's usually a lot curlier after a shower.

Asian in mid thirties here. The volume works great to compensate for receding hairline and thinning

Natural curly hair here. Its a blessing and a curse. I look like a budget Shia and sometimes I love it and other times I just want to shave it all off.

Gook hair thread?

How does pic related look

idk why but i rate this hair

what

just normal hair with layered cut and some wax i think

That haircut is the opposite of a layered cut.
steps to achieving.
>tie hair in topknot/bun directly on top of your head
>shave sides/back
>scissor off bun at about 4-5 inches length
>untie
>style