W2C good posture

How do i do it Veeky Forumsm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTV6UCh-yhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is a healthy back Veeky Forums?

>Virgin vs Chad

Just a few things that helped my posture of the years, in no particular order:

Fix your eyesight if you look too much at the ground when you walk.
Train back muscles.
Learn to do lifts with proper form, it will brush off on your posture.
Squeeze abs when walking.
Do that thing where you imagine your ribcage is filled with a liquid till the top of the chest bone, and then position yourself to not spill it.

anybody tried this?

youtube.com/watch?v=FTV6UCh-yhs

ribcage trick seems useful, thanks

Its good, its supposed to be a replacement to pulling your shoulders to the back, as that can fuck your spine in the long run.

obviously

this is good advice. emphasis on lifting too. i straightened my shit out when i started deadlifting and squatting

>makes you taller and slimmer
only barely, not any noticeable amount

>increased testosterone
zero evidence

>improved mood
I've proven this false

>improved memory and learning
zero evidence

>makes you look powerful
not powerful, but sharp

>reduced back and neck pain
absolutely true

>improved breathing
generally true

Ok losers I am going to help you out because I actually know some shit about this. Imagine there's an eye hook on the top of your skull near the back. Attached to the hook is a string that goes straight up into the sky, and the string is gently tugging. It pulls up each link of your spine incrementally, one by one, stretching upwards. Don't muscle it, relax your shoulders, just allow it to stretch you out lengthwise. This feels fantastic if done correctly and may even relieve pain. Make it a habit and eventually you won't have to think about it.

Another thing you can consciously do is angle your butt and pelvis in/forward. Too much of an arch in your back (like a J shape) can lead to serious lower back pain because your base is not lined up with the load of your upper body. Likewise, tucking in/forward when you are standing and walking can relieve this pain. Don't clench though, there shouldn't be muscle tension.

Another thing that will stretch out your lower back and naturally improve posture is proper breathing technique. Breathe through your diaphragm, pull the air down into your gut so that your midsection is expanding in every direction. Speaking from this central mass in your gut will make your voice more powerful than speaking "from" your throat or chest, and walking as if this gut/bellybutton point is leading/driving you will make you seem to walk with more purpose and be sturdier.

Good posture isn't always effay but it does indeed help with social/professional success.

>mfw I was called very attractive by one of my female friends because of my posture
>mfw when she said it was only because of my posture

Yeah, it works but you gotta be consistent and do it often

I gained an inch of height by fixing my posture

Pic related is my door with pen markings before and after

Getting a standing desk is probably the single best thing I've done for my ATP. It isn't perfect yet but I've been slack about training my abs and glutes as well.

My sloped shoulders and forward head posture are a work in progress. One weird trick: looking at the angle of my sunglasses. If I see the temples dip below parallel it's form check.

Here is how I was taught.

While standing still stand on the very tip of your toes.
Once at the top go down slowly but try to maintain your highest eye level.

As you go down you should feel a "hole" open up in the top of your stomach.

Try to maintain this feeling as you walk and stand.
//

Edit.

Forgot to mention that the feeling will go away shortly and is not ment to be permanent.

//

>improved mood
>I've proven this false

Care to develop this point?

fuck posture, how the FUCK does one walk properly?

If you have to stand for long periods don't lock your knees up. Keep them loose and shift some weight on to the balls of your feet instead of your heels. Think of your legs as springs rather than fixed poles. It'll save you a lot of leg and back pain and helps you stand up straighter because you're using your core more. I used to work security at a fancy hotel and frequently had to stand in one place without slouching or leaning so I got pretty good at being able to subtly shift my weight with my legs and core when I started to get tired.

I do pushups and situps and it helped improved my posture. Just do as much as you can until you get tired.

it's ironic that the "wrong" side looks more Flapperish

HERE IS HOW YOU FIX YOUR VIRGIN ANTERIOR PELVIC TILT AND NERD NECK:

DO THE JOTARU STANCE AT ANY POSSIBLE MOMENT. GO GRAB A CHAIR OR A BOX, PUT IT ON YOUR DESK THEN MOVE YOUR LAPTOP OR MONITOR TO EYE LEVEL, INSTANT STANDING DESK

THEN JOJO THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR HIPS, STRAIGHTEN YOUR NECK LIKE A MOFO AND STAND LIKE A MAN YOU FUCK

Thank me later

Hm? Yare yare

can confirm, this works.
ive also been doing the polnareff strech nd its really helped relax my hamstrings.

Pilates helped me a lot.

Source: mum is a pilates instructor

The Alexander Technique, google it

I attempted to watch a video on this, but there was too much waffle and not enough detail.

There's also a book on it called "Man's Supreme Inheritance," and the title exemplifies how full of hot air it is.

I'm certain this shit could be summed up in an infographic.

It's better in a PDF

Are you sure it's not about morning vs evening? You shrink every day and wake up taller because your spine relaxes when you sleep.

Nah, you really do underestimate how much height you lose by slouching and having a bend in your neck and spine

Not only do you get taller, but your shoulder blades retract making you broader, and your neck muscles are toned and flare making them bigger, and your pecs expand making them wider.

Posture makes you:
Taller
Wider
More imposing
More confident
More CHAD

How do you force yourself to have good posture? I always forget to correct it and I end up walking around all day slouching. Been trying to correct my posture for years. I seem to not be able to fix it. I have scoliosis though, I thought I'd be able to fix it.

if you only do push ups and no pulling movements your anterior deltoids will be more developed than your posterior deltoids which will lead to hunched over shoulders. you need to develop your back to have a good posture.

i hope we all know when browsing Veeky Forums that most of everything we read, especially if it's "soymale virgin chad" related and ESPECIALLY if it's in image format, is bullshit

I like to stick my dick forward/lean back

heroin chic or BTFO

I think you just need to walk so that your waist is always the most forward part of your body