Need help

Dear Veeky Forums, a Mexican friend unironically asked me to tell him at least 2 wars France had won over Germany. Under the pressure, I of course surrendered. But now I'm out of wine and with a little help from my friends, I'd like to answer him. Where do I start ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-French_War_(1213–14)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_First_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Second_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Third_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Fourth_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Sixth_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Days
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Mexican_Empire
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Camarón
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Both World Wars.

>forgetting about the Fourth Coalition

Come the FUCK on

Well meme'd

he will be like: duuude
And I can't blame him specifically, can I? I mean the US doesnt teach you that France won North Africa in WWII. They don't teach you that the Germans lost more planes during the battle of France in 2 months than they did in the oh so praised battle of Britain in 4 months ...

They sure as fuck taught me this map in school, and I was in special fucking education.

You can blame him.

So many of them to choose from...

>Wars France won against Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-French_War_(1213–14)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Years'_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_First_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Second_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Third_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Fourth_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I

>Wars France lost against Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Sixth_Coalition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Days
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II

Where did this retarded meme about France losing every war come from? They formed several empires and are known to have invaded their neighbors on numerous occasions, as well as forming their own colonial empire. Not even French but I've always found it retarded.

Literally only based on ww2 and the fact that French people are flaming

>Where did this retarded meme about France losing every war come from?

American butthurt about the Iraq War
Look it up (freedom fries...etc)
Basically, the US government told their people to start hating on France, and since they are sheeple....pic related

This

Vietnam was also a big one.

Weren't the Napoleonic Wars basically France saying "fuck you" to continental Europe?

The term cheese eating surrender monkeys predates that.

Actually, if you look at 90s Simpsons in general, there's an ample body of evidence that Americans always made fun of the French.

The Napoleonic Wars were European monarchies being unhappy with social change in France and trying to attack it constantly for a decade

Webm related, it went more or less like that (attack, get rekt, another one attacks, gets rekt too, meanwhile the first one got up back and attacks again...)

Reminder that Germany has literally never won a single war since Confederation.

Won wars against Denmark, Austria, France, China, Russia, Poland, France again, and Britain for the first ceasefire of WW2.

To add on, the German Empire secured peace in Europe for several decades (whereas the Napoleon Empire flooded it with blood), so that left a lack of wars to fight. Germany fought for peace, unlike the eternal Anglo and Frog and their eternal quest to destroy Europe.

>reading comprehension
Germany hasn't won a war since Confederation in 1871

>Germany hasn't won a war since Confederation in 1871
Are you retarded? Germany was unified before the Franco-Prussian War was over. Saying it "hasn't won a war since" is misleading because it kept peace in Europe. Still won the Boxer Rebellion against China and gave the Russian Empire a defeat that led to its collapse. France and Poland also lost to Germany in WW2 and had their republics dissolved. Britain also lost the first phase because it fled Europe before a ceasefire.

>americans liberate france in ww2
>"ableubleubleu le wicked americains, commies say you want to vassalize us"

>pull out of NATO in 1966
>"ableubleubleu le wicked americains imperialist! (p.s. pls save us if russia invades)

Both of those pre-date Iraq 2bh.

Don't forget.

>force US to support their war in Indochina so they won't leave NATO
>pull out and leave behind a gaping hole in Southeast Asia for communism
>pull out of NATO anyway

You're trying too hard fatty.

1. You liberating France was merely a retribution for them liberating you two centuries before
The only difference is that they didnt try to occupy you afterward

2. Pulling out of NATO was their right and you can shove your bullshit abput Russia up your ass since it's hypothetical and Russia never invaded

3. You didnt support them in Vietnam, actually you waited until they had lost and left the place to finally intervene (despite the fact they kept asking for your help).
Just look at the end date of Indochina War and the starting date of Vietnam War if you don't believe me

American ungratefulness toward France will never cease to amaze me
And I say that as a Brit who often banters frogs on the internet

1. France was no more "occupied" than the U.K. was after WWII. They simply swallowed a bunch of Commie propaganda about "le evil imperialist americains" because everyone remotely right-wing was discredited for being a Vichy bootlicker.

>Pulling out of NATO was their right and you can shove your bullshit abput Russia up your ass since it's hypothetical and Russia never invaded
It was completely within their right, I never said otherwise. It was also understood that this was just grandstanding, and that Big Daddy America wasn't going to let Ivan cross the Rhine.

Nobody's being "ungrateful" Nigel, calm down.

France won WWII.

General LeClerc entered Paris in 1944.

Nazi occupation lasted 4 yrs.

How is that a French defeat?

I get sick of idiots with no knowledge of history making pejorative remarks about the courageous French, our First Ally.

Long live our Republics!

Uh, Germany was run out of France by the Allies, while Germany was pounced into dust.

The Fourth Republic was established, while Germany was occupied and rebuilt by the allies.

In what sense is that a German victory?

France is still a Republic.

The nazis post on chan boards claiming that they never killed any jews.

So, who won?

What is happening in this webm

You are seriously deluded.

Germany was the most bellicose state in Europe.

Their entire culture was organized around the military.

They sang about "Der Tag", the Day when Deutschland would prove to the world their superior military might.

Kaiser Wilhelm II increased military spending dramatically and built a fleet of dreadnoughts to rival the British and French fleets.

Then the Kaiser sent his military around the world to establish colonies.

The Congress system is what kept a general peace, with some failures like the German wars of expansion 1866-71.

Read A.J.P. Taylor "Struggle for the Mastery of Europe".

>americans liberate france in ww2
And bombed the shit out of french civilian populations on the way; the yanks were utter cunts.

Don't forget, at the end of the war, Berlin was occupied by France, Paris was not occupied by Germany.

You really don't get a more clear indicator of who won the war than that.

What books do you read?

The USA was involved in Indochina during WWII.
We supported Ho Chi Minh and his independence fight against Japan.

But when France was given Indochina back after the war, we abandoned Ho and supported the French from day 1.

De Gaul was Eisenhower's little bitch and Petain had the legitimate government by law.

The Republics post petain both had/have shit constitutions. France lost WWII in a spectacular fashion.

They got shit on by Germany. Then they got shit on by Britian.

Then the US danced de Gaul in for propaganda purposes.

France did win WWI and almost every other war they were in before that.

You mean Indochine.

OP here, my personal opinion on the matter is the need for Americans to legitimate their self proclaimed importance on the European front of WWII. Because in the Cold War, the US faces Russia in a war of importance and propaganda, Russia which really did most of the job to defeat of Nazi Germany. Even if we were only to count year 1944 btw. So, the Americans need to get rid of any other influence of little states like England, Canada, and of course, France.
England is remembered as a nation that stayed on its island until the US arrived, and sometimes launched little raids. Canada is remembered as the American 9th army, and France (which did secure North Africa, and key progress in Italy) is degraded as the others. Except we were invaded so it's easier to cross the line between: "usefull allies" (I'm not objective on the matter of course) and "useless ungrateful fucks"

Now, you also have the fact that the French are independentists: they refuse the American technologies to rather develop their own (obvious example in the A-bomb). They don't want American military bases in France. They leave NATO because they don't agree with the US on a few matters. This triggers the Americans of course, that are already thinking that France owes them everything (because they inflated their own importance beforehand), so that they have to look even more down on France to compensate, and spread the word of their hegemony.
But to me the initiator is the need to legitimate America before the USSR.

holy fuck he doesn't even look muscular. And I like how he goes berserk at some point. I wonder how it feels.

I cannot count the number of keks. Seriously Hans open a fucking book other than Mein Kampf.
On a more objective point, I'd like to laugh a moment at : "X fought for peace", also known as the #1 argument to start wars in every country, in every historical period. Fucking retarded faggot.

>De Gaul was Eisenhower's little bitch and Petain had the legitimate government by law.

Maréchal! Nous voilàààà

Ask him if mexico have won the half of the war france won

Also, this: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Mexican_Empire

And this : en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Camarón

don't forget all the rapes

and most of all how fucking rude they are
just read this :
these people have no respect, no decency, they backstab everyone and they brag about it

no wonder the whole world hates them

>le salty angly

>Where do I start ?
Does it matter? You got your ass kicked by Mexico and no matter what you reply he can hold that over your head.

He can still use the Pastry War

Jesus, I could smell the britfag butthurt well before I even got to the bottom of the post.

>ungrateful

Here's some ungratefulness for you:
>U.S. allies with France after independence
>France immediately turns their back on the U.S.
>U.S. continues to be a good guy and trade
>Cue XYZ affair and undeclared naval war by France against the U.S.
>Things simmer down and the U.S. buys Louisiana because Napoleon REALLY wants the money
>After Napoleon, French become cold against the U.S. again
>De Tocqueville happens, U.S. and France on good terms
>1848 happens
>Oh wait, here comes Louis-Napoleon III
>We know you declared the Americas off limits, but fuck you, I'm invading Mexico and you can't do dick about it because you're in a civil war!
>cue French ass kicking by Mexico with U.S. guns
>1914
>Hey France, we'll sell you guns and you don't have to pay us back until the war is over!
>1917
>Hey, France we're joining the war! We'll even assault the hardest part of the German lines since we know you're war weary.
>1918 happens
>Okay France, wars over, time to start paying those debts
>No, fuck you America
>1939
>Hey America, can you sell us stuff?
>You didn't even pay us for last time, faggot.
>We'll pay up this time.
>Fine
>1941
>Hey France, we're in the war. We'll get your colonies back and free your land.
>1945
>Fuck you American pig, go home. Also we're not paying debts!
>1954
>Hey France, those Soviets look kind of mean. Bro up?
>Okay.
>1966
>Fuck you America, no more NATO
>9/11 happens
>France: If you need help, let us know and we'll help
>2003
>We lied, fuck you, you're on your own
>2009
>Hey America, we want to join NATO
>Okay
>2011
>Help us with Libya because we're allies again!
>I don't think so... Ugh, Okay.
>Today
>Fuck you America, you fucked up Libya and everything
But yeah, we're supposed to be nice because of something that happened almost 250 years ago despite the French spitting in our faces near constantly ever since.

You're complaining about the actions of the US vassal state whose government it entirely controls ? This is just silly blame yourself

The French government is entirely run by the USA this might as well be internal politics

>US vassal state
Yeah, okay. Way to handwave legitimate grievances.

Not the guy you replied to but:

>U.S. allies with France after independence
>France immediately turns their back on the U.S.
???

>9/11 happens
>France: If you need help, let us know and we'll help
>2003
>We lied, fuck you, you're on your own
They helped you in Afghanistan which was the one war related to 9/11, dumb ameriturd
I'm still mad everytime I see an American who unironically got tricked by his government into believing the Iraq War had anything to so with 9/11

>Fuck you America, you fucked up Libya and everything
Never seen anyone blame the US for Libya
You're blamed for the shitshow that is ISIS and you deserve it

> Mexican
> Friend
But srsly is this over the meme of
> xDD frenchies always surrender xxD
?

>mfw it's literally true

Someone should put the flags of their faces.

>1918 french debt was paid in 1928
it cost unemployement and a devaluation of the Franc. and then the recovery was crushed by the 1929 crisis caused by you
>in 1939 Part of the French gold was in Fort Knox and NY and it remained there until 1969 (thank you Nixon)
>2001 you forget Afghanistan
>French accused Sarkozy for the Libyan shit not Obama