Acorns

Is anyone here familiar with Acorns?

dont do it unless you are under 24 or have a lot of money to put in. 1$/m fee but if you under 24 they waive it. its simple but doesnt do too much. i am up 1$ in 3 month and that shit fluctuates alot. dont do it faggot

Freshman undergraduate currently. How much did you put in?

They're the seeds of Oak trees.

Bump

Seriously nigger.

Just Get Robin Hood and do automatic deposits into growth stocks.

I'm waiting on my RobinHood account to be verified. What do you mean by growth stocks? Care to share any?

There is a lot of ETFs out there. This is RHS.

Being this dumb. Growth equities are riskier and carry a shity return.

No, growth equities are more risky but carry the prospect of a better return.

How do they differ from normal stocks?

This feels like bait but fuck it.
I think almost everyone in finance has heard of the value premium. Literally almost all of the super class investors have been harvesting it for years. Every single piece of academic literature has proved that value has better returns that growth investing.

Normal Stocks are offered by a single Entity, fast cash, fast looses, panic, volatility.

ETFs are a general market Ie LIT, NUGT, DUST, less volatility.

ETF Growt Stocks are pretty safe long term holds, but better returns than a CD accounts.

Many growth oriented investors look for stocks with significant earnings and earning potential. These stocks are typically known as glamor stocks. Investors among this class characteristically look for equities which are expected to grow above the market rate. Growth stocks normally do not pay dividends. This is because firms of this nature would much rather reinvest capital in order to increase their asset base and continue their growth trend. Growth investors can be classified as those who look for equites with high ratios of P/E (Price-to-Earnings) (Basu, 1977) (Lakonishok et al., 1994), P/BV (Price-to-Book Value), (Fama & French, 1992) (Lakonishok et al., 1994), and P/CF (Price-to-Cash Flow) (Lakonishok et al., 1994).

What is better to invest in? I was planning to just dump a majority of my funds into PTX as a lot of people in the RH threads keep saying that will go to the moon. Same with ARRY and HEAR

Your investing in penny stocks based on some hot tips that Veeky Forums gave you? How much research have you done?

What you invest in depends on mainly your risk tolerance and time horizon. But if you have 25 years till retirement or more and have an appetite for risk then you should load up on risk premiums. I.e. emerging market equities, small cap, value stocks (run DCF and buy low P/E, P/BV and P/CF), market risk(beta), profitable companies and try to combine momentum in there (moving averages).

What are some good options right now?

You need to do your own research. But right now I like RAIL and ORIG when it turns and technicals start to look good.

How do I do this research though? I'm not very good at this

>not having robinhood instant
>not doing swing trading and day trading on growth stocks

friendly reminder to buy Kroger in the morning and wait for the spike every day of the week this week.

Explain? And my RobinHood account is still being approved

it's where you buy a stock very low one day, and sell it when the stock hits a spike the next day.

If you have robinhood instant, you don't have to wait for your funds to settle after selling a stock, so you can buy a stock monday, sell it tuesday, and use that money tuesday to either day trade or buy another stock to sell the next day

Isn't the phone app RH instant? I'm confused... Do I have to wait for my application to be approved for me to have it?

When you sell a stock, your money is considered 'unsettled funds' for 3 days, and then you can use it. That's how it is in other brokerages aside from RH as well.

Robinhood Instant is where you can have your money ready immediately after selling the share.

You can use RH but you'll have to wait for funds to settle, but RH instant you have to get into a waiting list for. You have to invite people to RH via an invite and it boosts you up on the waiting list.

I invited a friend and got in the next week. They hand out like 5k to 10k invites every Wednesday, and inviting people puts you in the top 1000

>Robinhood
These are the guys without real-time quotes, yes?
Are they even a brokerage?
I hear they're just an app, with no functionality like after hours or even shorting.
Is any of this true?

yes you can't short or do AH.

It's a barebones beta.

And who cares about their quotes? I just use yahoo finance and robinhood at the same time.

So if I were to buy a stock, then would I be able to sell it right away?

>And who cares about their quotes?
I don't know, I guess I just find it easier to buy and sell off the price on one screen.

No. If you buy with unsettled funds, you can't sell it until the funds you used to buy with finish settling

But yahoo has many different customization options like macd, MA ,rsi, etc.

So if I have a buying power of X and I use that X to buy stocks, I can't sell them instantly ?

If it's 3 days since you sold stock and you use that to but more, you can

It you just sold stock and it's unsettledand buy more with that money, you can't

Your account as a whole isn't frozen, just that money you got back or the stock you bought with the money you just got back

Ok... So does that mean as long as it says I have buy power I can buy correct? And as long as I have stocks, I can sell them anytime correct?

>yes you can't short or do AH.
So if I buy say, Apple, and it starts dropping after 4pm, I'm fucked and can't unload it via RH?

As a squirrel yes i am very familiar

DO NOT USE THIS CRAPPY SERVICE!

The developers here constantly shill, it sucks, you won't make ANYTHING and you will get raped on fees.