ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fragrantica.com/notes/Oakmoss-39.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anime

the company has some good scents I guess if you can order their stuff from japan

their official american versions suck though

I like Revolution for Girl's Utena and FLCL, and some of their more experimental stuff is pretty good until the top notes wear off. Too much shilling, repetition, playing the numbers game hoping to accidentally blend a hit fragrance, and catering to devote customers who've never used fragrance from another company and have shit taste though.

People say the American and Swedish knockoffs are "just like the real thing" but they're so much more like other American and Swedish smells that really how the fuck does anyone think they are smell-alikes. Avatar is good though if you can get the discontinued original version and not the shitty live-action remake.

>Swedish knockoffs
????

I tried my Aventus sample again after a few months. I realised a guy at my work wears it.

It's breddy good but honestly I prefer Sauvage over it. Aventus is nice becuase it's more fruity but Sauvage just smells better.

Sauvage is just a synthetic mess, I can't stand it, seriously I don't understand how can people fall for it.

Christmas present arrived today, addicted already. Name a better woody fragrance, I'll wait.

Okay I'm a REAL brainlet when it comes to aftershave and can't seem to make head nor tail of What group do you recommend for a male to wear year round? looking for more of a daytime/casual aftershave

Thanks in advance

Better than Sauvage lads

Givenchy Gentlemen 2017

Dior Sauvage

Or if you're willing to have a Summer and a winter frag

Givenchy Pi Nero / Armani Acqua Di Gio (Summer)
+
D&G The One / Viktor and Rolf SpiceBomb Extreme (Winter)

>Sauvage
>Dylan Blue (i.e. Sauvage)
>Bleu de Chanel
>Aventus
>Luna Rossa Carbon (i.e. Sauvage)
>Aqva Atlantiqve (i.e. Sauvage)
>Allure Homme Sport
>YSL L'Homme
>YSL L'Homme L'Intense
>Acqua di Gio Profumo

Tried Dior Homme Sport (I think 2017?) on skin, like the drydown a lot, since I want something fruity and also something aquatic for summer. Might try Aqua Atlantique to match the aquaitc criteria.
Also tested Kouros on card. Wewlad.

If there was clearly a bright orange in the opening it was 2017

What are some good modern frags, besides pic related, that are still in production and include dat glorious oakmoss (evernia prunastri)?

How's the longevity and sillage with this one?

It projects for about two hours and dries down to a skin scent that lasts until you scrub it off.

Same with the Extrême. Only difference is the extra notes during the two hour projection. Dry-down/skin scent is still the same ol' vetiver that sticks to you until your next shower. Rumor has it this one has no iso e super since it's an EdP.

That's why this line is only $30 on the gray market.

Roja Dove Haute Luxe

But for something relatively affordable,
Chypre Palatin is the most dense, dark undergrowth of oakmoss you'd hardly believe it was possible in this day and age. Although they reformulated last year, I'm sure you can find one of the dark red juice anywhere online.

Current mitsuoko is honestly not too bad, especially after the last reformulation- although surely no real oakmoss is in there, it's still a golden standard and an amazing likeness to the real ingredient.

I am thinking of buying some high quality oakmoss and adding it to aventus and my favorite barbershops

Different user but its probably worth sampling the pre-reform HL, tested a lucky scent sample (which im guessing is the 2016/2017 batch that is the reform) against mine and the oak moss isn't as prominent, everything overall feels toned down, even the methyl ionones.

Still wearing out Irisoir and VN, which kicks HL's ass (both pre and post reform) in terms of using actual orris, one of them even has a tiny tiny tiny amount of violet flower absolute which hasn't been in the commercial world for around 100 years. Looks like ol' Roger doesn't have all the connections in the world of perfumery, or more likely is making sure profits are to the brim with his cohort Dominic Venton.

Going on smell, proper carnation absolute has been used rather than just a mix of eugenols, I'd say that it matches what people describe vintage L'heure Bleue as, something more than a perfume, not just a diffusive something or other. Maybe the fact that its an undiluted oil just adds to the rich textured effect.

I still feel for the influencers (im guessing some of them are shilling and want to believe the hype and feel special but whatever idk) but I guess if people want to feel special even if they are paying for a little deception then who am I to judge.

>Current mitsuoko is honestly not too bad, especially after the last reformulation

2016 Guerlain formula includes their proprietary oakmoss substitute which some reviewers say brought performance back to pre-restriction levels.

Was the sub. Veramoss or a blend that included it?

Something about extracting a restricted molecule from the oakmoss. Only they know for sure.

fragrantica.com/notes/Oakmoss-39.html

>Guerlain now uses oakmoss that doesn't have the specific molecule which is not allowed by IFRA regulations. Thanks to the modern chemistry, this new raw material is a 100% pure and natural extract that complies with the amendments of IFRA.

Ah yes ok I heard about that one, I think there were two specific molecules that were the "allergens" labelled by IFRA, forget the names but good in Wasser for doing that. I think he finally convinced LVMH that they would win back some previously alienated long time Guerlain fans.

Which Guerlain is the most versatile? Been interested in trying some and the bottles look alright

Guerlain Homme Leau boise I think would be the most versatile. Also vetiver extreme is a modern version of the original it is very nice.

ive never tried any of the CDG wood frags (didn't care for amazigreen)

i love dsquared's wood frags though. Silver Wind Wood and Rocky Mountain Wood are excellent

I have the Sport one and I love it, not gonna lie. Someone in /frag/ recommended it to me and it's the best blind buy I've done so far. I have a sample of the one you posted and it lasts for a few hours depending on your skin. After that you can only smell it if you get closer to where you sprayed it.

I bought wonderoud and sold it on ebay about a week later. It was a very underwhelming smell and has shit performance. Why does Veeky Forums have such a hard on for CdG?

Rate me.

Also, I've heard great things about Serge Lutens. What are your thoughts?

Is it really as dark and mysterious as people say it is?

They tend to make very heavy, sticky sort of fragrances. Lots of orientals. Lots of very sweet scents. If that’s your kind of thing, definitely look into their frags.

I have Arabie and Un Bois Vanille, personally, and they’re both very nice, very high quality scents. They’re not something I’m in the mood for all the time, but they’re great comfort scents.

I’d say Serge Lutens is a pretty consistently solid house overall, but you have to like the sorts of fragrances they produce. If you’re more into aquatic freshies, clean woody scents, or fruity scents, it may not be the house for you.

just ordered this, did I get memed?

I am still discovering my own taste. For now I am testing woody/leather fragances, but I am willing to try new things. I am not really into aquatic fragances, I consider that it always smell like alcohol.

Btw, I always wanted a linden fragance for male. Any idea?

Did the Vatican have a history of covering up for cases of abuse?

Heritage EdT and Vetiver are wearable year round in my experience.

I would say Habit Rouge EdP as well because of the citrus opening. Its famous dry-down doesn't project far enough to cause any headaches in the heat.

Now that I think about it, their classic masculine frags aren't known for being projection beasts.

It's just there's something odd about that sandalwood note in Heritage EdP that makes it a bit inappropriate in the heat.

I really don't understand the hype behind the A*Men line, they all smell like shit to me (especially Pure Havane).

I love Serge, not only because orientals are my kind of frag, but because they're genuinely interesting, ground breaking concepts and notes put together. See tuberuese criminale.

However, one of my normie friends who I brought to the Palais Royale store andcan be said to be a perfume lover as well said that all the perfumes were nice, but they all smelt like home fragrances instead of perfume. I can get why she said that- almost all his blends have the trademark camphorous smell which makes them incredible dense and heavy and more often than not, sheathed in smoke.

W2C fragrances for the cheapest price?

La Nuit lasts 8 hours on my skin and projects decently with a bit of sillage.
This is from a near colourless sample, I take it that's from a 2015/16 bottle? Was thinking of getting a 60ml bottle so I have something else to wear in the cold for casual use.

I really like some of tom fords women's fragrances. Would it be okay to wear them as a guy? Sorry for this question I'm unsure of my sexuality and need affirmation on a mongolian basket weaving board

Does the pope shit in the woods?

If you like them, wear them. Masculine/feminine is like 99% marketing when it comes to scents anyway. I mean, rose and lavender are generally considered “masculine” notes. What kind of sense does that make?

Perfumes with a dark liquor like this intimidate me.

A*men Ultra Zest was the first blind buy I made when I was first getting into fragrances, I loved it and it really shone in the summer.

Really hoping to open this one on christmas. If I dont I will promptly be buying for myself.
Interestingly, first time I wore it I liked it, but it didnt wow me.
Second time, pepper was so strong I almost ruled it out.
Third time, wow, I could actually where this
Fourth and most recent time - wow, yes, this will be my signiture.
Hopefully the trend continues.
Wonderwood makes RMwood smell so boring and one dimensional. Eventually the floral overpowers the wood too.

I've found wonderwood to have really good preformance in the past and lasts the whole day at work

Thoughts on the made in Italy formulation? Wearing a sample of the vintage of this, and its not really TOO different to my nose, although my current formulation is pretty old and wasn't stored too properly. Longevity seems a little better.

The 75 ml bottles are all only like sixty bucks on ebay so I guess it isn't awful or anything, but even if it's one of my first frags I still always find myself coming back to it, so maybe stocking up wouldn't be an awful idea.

Well unless everybody is wrong the one thing I say RM has over it is longevity. Shit lasts all day on my skin, it's great.

I'll try it sometime though, Ive always been interested in it.

Hey, I have this. While it does come off as /dark/, it's a really earthy, damp grass kinda dark. I'm not sure I would call it mysterious, as that's a really vague description. Also, while I do love the scent, it's a bit difficult to find a time to wear it (I find cold rainy days to be the best).

bump

Have been wanting to try this out sounds underrated

/diy/ke here

could Veeky Forums hook me up with some nice bouquets? also, any advice for blends that last longer without ambergris, oakmoss, or similar?

organized by height, category, and name

does the tinman have a sheet metal cock? you should of just bought some iso e on ebay for cheaper.

fragrancenet and ebay

Can I wear Boss No 6 any time? The cinnamon may mean I can only wear it spring/summer nights, and I'd love an all weather frag that isn't Dior or Chanel expensive. I love vanilla, lavender, watery and fruity notes.

Get Mont Blanc Individuel

Sure cinnamon is pretty versatile imo

It's a lowkey artistic niche frag line, aside from pure malt. i tried havane, tonka and wood. they're all unwearable, harsh and strong, but interesting in terms of scent.

pure malt is actually nice desu

>pineapple vintage
>club de nuit intense
>insurrection ii pure

which one lads? I already spent like $2k on frags and I can't bring myself to splurge for aventus

I use 3 fragrances, can someone who's more into fragrances recommend me stuff in same "family"? So as you see, I like manly but fresh fragrances

- Chanel allure homme edition blanche
- Boss bottlet
- Guerlain Vetiver

>aventus
>versace man
>versace man eau fraiche

unironically Aventus and Sauvage

thanks guys, will try

Black Orchid is more popular with men than women, it all depends on you and if you think it suits you. And some are better than others too, all depends.

pineapple vintage without a doubt

Second. PV is a really solid line. Honestly makes Aventus obsolete.

green irish tweed or cool water too

It's an excellent fragrance. Year round, perfect for most occasions, I honestly can't see anybody going wrong with it. I think it was the second fragrance I bought when I first started and I fell in love with it.

Made in Italy formulation seems to be a little better than the made in UK, it's a steal at the price I might cop a few bottles just to use until I die.

Is buying cheap clones like CDNI, Insurrection II Pure and Très Nuit worth it?
I'm worried that I'll be disappointed that they're not good enough.

>I'm worried that I'll be disappointed

Armaf frags are known for containing a shit load of iso e super, which is known for murdering olfactories.

They last a while, but you probably won't be able to smell them if you overspray or keep sniffing yourself.

Pic related does the same, except it's not cheap.

Just grabbed a few samples from my local Hudson's Bay. 1 million isn't as bad I was told, but the fruity scent isn't for me. Armani Code Colonia is real meh. Mr Burberry EDP was nothing special.

wtf is acqua di gio profumo? very strange scent, it stinks

Club de nuit intense gets people coming up to me saying "wow I really recognise that scent, is that aventus" and people who don't know about aventus tell me how amazing it smells regardless

Are you blind buying?
I blind bought 4 armafs.1 I dislike 2 are ok and 1 I think is pretty nice. I'd consider buying maybe the 1 I like again for maybe like

Is Dior Homme Eau worth checking out for a fresh, flowery and sophisticated frag I can wear for nights out and dates?

>mfw everyone at work starts a conversation about frags but don't want to sperg out and admit I have 30 bottles so I just play dumb that I don't know anything about frags

Nothing wrong with talking about something you enjoy! Don't have to tell them the number!

well I didn't play totally dumb but I basically tried to seem more normie than full frag autist

What's a good entry level fragance (in-terms of price) that is fairly 'young'. What I'm trying to say by that is the sort of fragances that the cliche of a classic/typical gent would not wear.

I.E things like Commes Des Garcon's stuff. I'm asking because I'm only really aware of CDG, what other brands would Veeky Forums say are a bit 'different' in this way

(I'm aware that CDG is super mainstream and very popular, I'm not referring to the popularity of the brand more the image/instituion of said brand)

Commodity, Maison Martin Margiela, Imaginary Authors, L'Artisan, Andy Tauer.

That's fair, I haven't been reserved about it and people react weird

>all these colognes haha why bro are you gay
>no I just like sme-
>haha bro that's stupid you're wasting your money

AQVA Amara

I just blind ordered this. Am I gonna regret it? Give me some opinions.

>Am I gonna regret it?

That depends.

Do you enjoy the smell of vetiver?

If you don't know what vetiver smells like, then you're about to find out.

did goku land on namek?

honestly I dont get the hype associated with this

it just makes me smell like an arab

Thank you anons, leaning towards Commodity and Maison with a cursory look at their pages.

Hey guys I was looking for suggestions. I'm 20 years old guy. I have several perfumes but the one I like the most Bleu De Chanel, and my girlfriend loves it also.
What should I look for? I'd want something that isn't too strong and I could use it during daytime.
Thanks guys

Rate my most worn past couple of weeks, recommend me better/similar scents

BdC in my opinion is the best of its class. If you want more of the same try Dylan Blue, AdG Profumo, and of course Sauvage. I have heard L'homme Libre is a lot like it. I also have to suggest Aventus here. You might wanna try one of the safer iris scents like Dior Homme Sport 2012, Dior Homme Eau, or Prada L'homme. Also try Chanel Allure Homme Sport if you haven't already.

Sauvage, never more than 2 sprays.

what's wrong with smelling like an arab?
asking because I'm arab, is it the overspraying or oud based scents?

its the heavy scents

I suppose overspraying, but its more commonly associated with arabs.

It almost fits an arab man better than others. Not necessarily a bad thing, but its a bit random if you're not arab

I put on CK One as its a fresh scent, my parents say its too feminine for me to wear, even though I wore it in summer working housekeeping as it was fresh lol

Go to Europe and talk to women. They’ll love it, you can have conversations for hours. You might even get laid.

Opinions on Eau My Soul? The notes look right up my alley, and since it’s semi-limited edition, I’m thinking of copping a 100ml.

DO EET

The Arab miasma is typically the result of overspraying of strong, common perfumes (Bleu, One Million, Aventus and clones) mixed with lingering body odor. Like they don't shower properly and don't use deodorant, then think that their fragrance will make up for it. I don't mind heavy application of scent, but it's the lack of hygiene part that grosses me out.