How the fuck do people work minimum wage jobs for a living?

How the fuck do people work minimum wage jobs for a living?

I've been working for about a year and it's literally killing my. My joints are in pain, my feet hurt, muscle stress and strain, had to take off last week because of shooting pain in my leg and went to the doctor. I got orthopedic shoes but it still doesn't help.

How the fuck do people manage to stand, run, lift heavy things, turn, for 9-10 hours with only 30 minutes or so to sit down and rest?
I feel like I'm the only one complanining about this.

I don't want to destroy my body and mind for fucking $7 an hour but I also need to eat and pay rent and shit.

I can't imagine working this for more than another year before killing myself, yet there are old fucks at my workplace who have been doing it for like 20 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they cant get a job anywhere else, most often due to incompetence. Theres minimum wage jobs where you arent worked like a dog and have room to grow, but most people working the dead end ones are doing so because they have to.

Move somewhere that isn't America

I work for 11.50 an hour and I got the job from a job agency. Just walked in and asked for a job. Obviously they needed paperwork. Then they sent me to a place. It's really boring all I do is inspect metal pieces and sit on a desk facing the wall. Imagine just sitting and facing a white wall from 6:00am to 4:30am. I have to think of something so my mind runs wild scenarios. I discuss random topics within my mind. I rethink of old memories and dreams etc. It's getting tiresome.

Woah that sucks dude. In Canada minimum wage is $14 AND full time is 40 hours a week. I do it because I have anxiety and high blood pressure and the jobs I've had that paid more had to much extra pressure nd shit on me. Fuck that lmao.

>come back from campus at 7pm
>straight to Mcdonald to work 7hrs
>com back home at 2am
>do hw for 2hrs
>finally sleep at 4am
>wake up 5hrs later to start slave life again

LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM

atleast you sleep 5 hours lmao

how many hrs you sleep?

>took me three hours to realized I posted this in Veeky Forums instead of /adv/

whoops

atleast you are in college so your future has potential and somewhere to go

>How the fuck do people work minimum wage jobs for a living?
watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI
dfw explains it pretty much.
tl:dr suicide is the answer or you'll end up angry

What job specifically?
I would love something like this honestly.
It's meditative and doesn't exhaust you, so when you go home you have a fresh creative mind and not just want to sit down and not move.

this

Sounds like quality control for some sort of factory

>used to be a top junior in my state for tennis
>get injured and can't go pro
>run into my old coach one day at whole foods
>tells me he needs a coach for the kids and older women at the club
>says he'll pay me $25/hr minimum of 5 hours per day
feels good to have a skill you spent your childhood doing finally pay off!

Yeah I work in factory and I check boxes of small metal pieces to see if they work properly for example. I would have a huge tread screw thing and I would check to see if the piece would properly fit in it. Or I would check other pieces where I would see if there's any damage on them like huge scratches, cut right etc. It sounds ok to just sit all day looking at a wall cause the j9bs incredibly easy. But if you don't have a huge imagination you will die of boredom. There's sometimes points throughout the day where I try to reimagibe my life. For example I fantasize about a teenage love story that I would be in. And that dumb teenage romance of falling in love. Sometimes I fantasize about being some vigilante that goes around shooting gang bangers at night by doing drivebys (since im in chicago) that one always takes up a good 30 minutes of time to pass. I try to remember my past dreams the most. Since I'm a 19 yr old kissless virgin. I remember specifically this one dream where I finally kissed this girl that I was falling in love with. I could literally feel her lips against mines. It was incredible. Guess that's the power of lucid dreaming. Like I said if you don't have imagination. It's gonna be a looooooong ass fucking day.

I meant to put from 6:00 am to 4:30 PM. My bad

>It's gonna be a looooooong ass fucking day.
you can't bring a phone or book?

>Theres minimum wage jobs where you arent worked like a dog and have room to grow

Such as? I'd love to obtain a list of ideas, and then investigate to see if such places actually exist.

I do have a phone. But you can't use it unless it's break time. And the room where I stay there isn't any sort of service. Pretty weird since im not the only one in the room and sometimes co workers step outside of it. walk like 10 feet and they use their phones to make a quick call or whatever before coming back in. You can bring a book but you need your eyes the entire time on the pieces to make sure they're perfect. I might bring my old mp3 player to listen to music.

>I'd love to obtain a list of ideas, and then investigate to see if such places actually exist.
being a stay at home nurse for old ppl
call center jobs at home
front desk at a country club

Thanks, those are interesting possibilities that hadn't occurred to me.

wow that's the saddest life I've ever heard.
Thought I had it bad lmao.

also being cashier at some pizza place like little ceasar can be easy depending on the area.

>due to incompetence
Try having a family with no connections and no money for a degree or trade school.

To address the OP.
>How the fuck do people manage to stand, run, lift etc for 10 hours a day
They do it because they have to. Why do you think poor people look like they're 50 at 35 and are generally crippled/destroyed physically by 50?
>I don't want to destroy my body and mind just to eat/pay rent
Nor does anyone in the poverty class, and yet the poverty class continues to grow.
>I can't imagine working this for more than another year before kill myself
Go back to school or start developing a marketable skill now. There are ways to get jobs that require degrees while not having a degree.

Example : Say you do code and are as good as people with bachelors in it, but don't have a degree, so jobs asking for that level of education as the minimum wont consider your application. Get creative and they may take you.

>do your research on company
>invite project leader out for lunch
>talk to him about what he does, not what you want from him
>if everything went well, at end of lunch pitch an idea for how to improve whatever he is working on
>impress him with your knowledge of the company and technical knowledge of your medium (coding in this example).
>finish with handing him your application.

Now you are 100 times more interesting than similar applicants who have an education. You may not be formally educated but you've proven you have some knowledge on the subject and that you're willing to take the initiative to accomplish things.

You probably land either an internship or a temp job with possible full time hiring if you prove yourself.

Front desk at a hotel
Flight attendant
Country club attendant
Any family owned place
Any entry level training positions (sometimes retail stores will hire someone with no experience to be trained to become a manager, rather than hire another manager who thinks they know everything)
niche small store jobs based on your interests (arts and crafts employee, skateboard shop, tattoo artist assistant, style guide for fashion store, etc)

>I might bring my old mp3 player to listen to music.
start listening to audiobooks/podcasts or something, you should try to make most of the job if it's really mindless and simple

What Provence do you even live in?

I used to be a dishwasher for $8 an hour and I said fuck that and went to college.

Now I am a TA and make $22 an hour and they pay my tuition. Get some pell grants, take out some subsidized loans and get moving.

I work as a stockroom respo at Aldo because I burnt out from my previous desk job (often I had 12h days, and had to be reachable 24/7) and if the pay would be the same I would work as a stocker 100 times out a 100. There's virtually no stress, if you fuck up you only caused damage of one pair of shoes made in china, not 20k loss in revenue, you can dick around with other employees, some of which may or may not be hot, and you get to run around all day, which is good for those who get fat easily.

There are good and bad white collar jobs, and good and horribly bad minimum wage jobs, just always keep looking for something better. Nothing more depressive than someone in his 30's working as an assistant manager in fucking McDonalds.

teacher assistant?

>tfw work 12 hour days at a super busy McDonald's willingly and actually love it

how the actual fuck please write some more

What the fuck does this have to do with fashion?

why do you love it ?

Ontario

>he's lovin' it

lul

>Nothing more depressive than someone in his 30's working as an assistant manager in fucking McDonalds.

Is it depressive if that is literally me but with 22?
I quite like it.

Work at a chick fil a, it's great and gives u room to grow

>tfw there's 10-15 small spanish women that work at the mcdonalds near me and they all make my dick diamonds

>incompetence

Good lord man, I've known some incredible people stuck working the drive thru with no prospects otherwise simply because they were dealt a shit hand, or they lived in towns once dominated by an industry long since outsourced, or they were arrested in their teens/twenties for dumb shit like selling weed, or there were simply no options on the table for any number of reasons... Shit, the absolute best producer I ever worked with (outside of myself, kek) was covering loose ends with a McJob.
"N___, you're one of the smartest people I know, you're relentlessly productive and driven, why are you manning a fryolator?"

The reply - "Because I live in fucking Minnesota and Minnesota ain't New York City, my friend."

And I've had that conversation with more than one person. Yeah, they have to take they can get, but not because they are lazy, shiftless, addicted, felonious, mentally impaired or undeserving of better. They do it because greed has dismantled the manufacturing base and consolidated all the promising and fair paying gigs to a small pool of elite and/or lucky individuals who more often than not are steeped in nepotism and were born in the right place at the right time to the right people.

good god

I make $15 an hour sitting at a desk and barely doing much work. Thanks for putting things in perspective and humbling me.at your early 20's it's still somewhat acceptable to have a job like that, but don't get comfortable and start striving for me.

Hedge Fund
>college dropout
>work a couple hours a month
>make 6 figures
>spend every day doing whatever i want perfectly relaxed at my own pace and can buy whatever i want
sorry wagies

must be nice

Well I'm this close to going on a shooting spree......so now you know why

Yeah it will suck for a good while if you aren't used to standing for long periods. My advice is to start stretching frequently, make your core stronger, and be conscious of your posture. Really you have it easy though, you just don't realise it because you haven't worked a real job before. If you want to know about destroying your body try lifting giant bags of sand, shovelling cement and pushing wheelbarrows full of it in the hot sun all day. I'll take a minimum wage job over that shit any day of the week, and I did, but unlike you I don't have the leisure of moving around and have to stand in one spot over a machine all day.

This is not how hedge funds work, unless conning people and messing around on e trade, why do u lie on the internet to make bankers look bad? We’re already hated for no good reason because of liars like u

I would imagine there are options somewhere between standing all day and backbreaking heavy lifting.

I worked at pizza places for several years and I was miserable from the back, foot, and joint pain. I now work as an auto mechanic, which requires a lot more switching from standing to crouched to bent over to reaching above myself with some occasional sitting thrown in (at computer or on test drives). I work more hours than the pizza place and lift more things/burn more calories, but don't have nearly as much pain.

same fucking situation here. 40hrs a week, absolute torture. full-time here, don't know where to go at all

Start coding on the weekends. Build stuff. Go work at Facebook/google. If you’re intelligent this process will take you less than a year, assuming you put in a solid 12 hours/weekend.