When will the le irony culture die?

when will the le irony culture die?

These people obviously all post on Veeky Forums, probably on Veeky Forums as well. If you hate these memes, you hate this board

>These people obviously all post on Veeky Forums, probably on Veeky Forums as well.
idgaf
>If you hate these memes, you hate this board
Turning yourself into a meme is a great idea after all

lmao wtf at the pants and gay shoes? hahah
he looks 40

When will Veeky Forums learn that Veeky Forums is just /r/streetwear with less effort.

Is Reddit as obsessed with Veeky Forums as Veeky Forums is with Reddit? I literally don't know because I don't go there, but all the people who hate seem to know a lot about it which doesn't make sense, because that means they go there...

Serious question, do they say things like "back to Veeky Forums" etc.?

I'm going to go ahead and say definitely. When people tell people to go to reddit, it's just shorthand for telling someone they're the worst type of person on the internet.

when you stop browsing reddit you crossposting faggot

LOL

>Is Reddit as obsessed with Veeky Forums as Veeky Forums is with Reddit?
I rarely go on reddit, but I really doubt it. It's part of the culture of this site to pick other message boards and just relentlessly shit on them, well past the point when any normal person would stop caring, just to fit in. It's been that way since like 2005 or whenever, only back then it used to be sites like Gaia Online. As I said, I don't browse reddit much and don't have an account but in general my impression is that it doesn't have as unified a culture as Veeky Forums does, so whatever its other faults I doubt it has the same kind of neurotic site-wide obsessions.

There wouldn't be two people after the elite four, only one person can be the champion. Why am I so mad right now?

Honestly I could see that being a twist in some future Pokemon game or season of the anime (is it still going?) like the moral at the end is that only with the power of TEAMWORK can you become the champion. A MAN ALONE IS NOTHING.

as someone whop has lurked on Reddit and Veeky Forums for longer than I'd like to admit, I remember this phrase and I kind of agree. Its that dumb people go on reddit to act smart, while smart people go on Veeky Forums to act dumb.

> while smart people go on Veeky Forums to act dumb.
I'm sorry user, that's simply not true. Veeky Forums is just as dumb if not a bit dumber than reddit

>when will the le irony culture die?
ww3

>smart people go on Veeky Forums to act dumb.

Kek, Veeky Forums is the biggest, most delusional, retardfest I've ever seen.

5~ years.

>these people obviously all post on Veeky Forums, probably on Veeky Forums as well.

As if jennifer bin or errolson hugh would ever even consider touching this board with a ten foot pole. The other two (dave and limmy) do though

Lol absolutely not. I cant remember the last time anyone on reddit mentioned Veeky Forums at all outside of pol-shit

>Implying I don’t hate this board w every fiber of my being

this

oh boy this meme again

The Psychology behind this is extremely simple.

They like the outfits they are in, but are EXTREMELY insecure about the way they look because of how awkward/abstract they are. They are afraid if they make a serious post, simply showing off their outfit, they will be made fun of or people will see it as intimidating because there are no jokes. There is also a possibility that they subconsciously dont like the clothing they are wearing and think its "goofy asf," so they decide to flex it but make fun of it at the same time.

Or, they just want to fit in with le funny reddit may mat culture and feel obligated to make a funny title and look goofy

I disagree on the first one. It's on a fashion subreddit so anything's fair game, there's no fashion too weird for the place unless it's legitimately bad. Rather I would say it's because usually the people making those quotes have kinda intimidating and unapproachable styles like street goth or techwear and they want to show that they're actually very friendly and quirky so they use the post title as an opportunity to show their "real" personality

Why is some limp wristed backwards peace sign covering your face cool? Who decided it was cool? Its fucking stupid.

This is a stupid thread.

A lot of Veeky Forums's population comes on because they think they're superior or edgy for doing it. I think there are certain attributes to Veeky Forums that are more conducive to better conversation and discussion than how it goes on Reddit (and etc), but those same attributes attract a fuck-load of retards with the aforementioned attitude.

Not the user you replied to, but I feel you missed the point in what they were saying about insecurity. It could be irrational insecurity, or something like a fear of the sincere criticism they could expect on a fashion-centric forum. Not to say that I think the irony and meme-shit is funny, uplifting, or appropriate.

The one with pink hair is clearly a Pokémon.

dave (these positions are too strong) here weighing in on my thoughts. as someone who participates in a lot of online fashion discussion on here, discord’s, and superfuture i have come to find that the more seriously i take what i wear and the post’s i make the less fun it is. i used to get really heated about critique and would think of it as a personal attack. it took a while to realize that it’s just clothing and doesn’t need to be taken so seriously.
when it comes to posts on reddit i always saw the titles as more subversive of jokes that either had been made about similar outfits or i could forsee being said about the post. now personally i saw it as a younger and cheek joke but i can see where you’re coming from about insecurity. it’s a super easy defense mechanism to prevent critique from getting to you. sort of the old “if you make fun of yourself they can’t make fun of you”. although i didn’t see it as that you make a valid point.

i sort of see what you mean but at least personally that’s not my goal. my “real personally” isn’t really what i want to convey with my titles but you’re right it does sort of “take the edge off” a bit.

great points

you deserve an assbeating if you unironically want to dress like that. fag.

Would be decent with other shoes actually

lol

cant come soon enough

>younger and cheek

this is actually bad, at least other fits were cohesive in some way

this dude posts here lol

*tongue haha

I hope senpai notices my thread~

Damn, when did George Zimmerman get into fashion?

post-irony replaced irony like 5+ years ago, none of these are ironic

Fat and wearing RO...
Being fat and thinking you can be fashionable...
Being fat and being happy... fAggot

when will redditors stop ruining our website

when people here stop screenshotting and making new threads about it

Once Trump is out of office.

once there is a content in this board, otherwise expect more coming :^)

Prob once you stop posting hombre

>I listen to brockhampton and draw in my free time :3
>oh yes I was totally one of the original people who was into Odd Future, yeah I totally vibe with Tyler, he's so positive!

>browses reddit
>complaining about "LE IRONY XD"
I understand your annoyance but fuck off

I've been posting on this board for years and I hate it.

what subreddit is this?

hey this is me, also me in first pic

howdy