Has anyone tried the Converse 70s, are they that more comfortable and durable then the regular high tops?

Has anyone tried the Converse 70s, are they that more comfortable and durable then the regular high tops?

Not really

Care to elaborate more?

they're so much better. i have a black pair of regular chucks and the 70s in parchment and i prefer the 70s. the canvas is much thicker, the sole isn't flimsy, and its just much sturdier in general. as far as comfort goes, it might be slightly less comfortable because of the sturdy sole

How does the parchment look IRL? On some websites its looks just as white as the regular white high tops and others it looks like a true parchment..

Not only are they more comfortable but they have a better shape and are like 3x better quality than regular chucks

nah its definitely parchment, not white

Nothing could be less comfortable than normal converse

Thanks for the help my nigga, much appreciated.

bump

Converse CTAS pro suede > Converse 70s imo

this. It's vans authentics level in terms of comfyness. I used to wear nothing but converse and vans when I was young, now I can't wear this shit for a few hours without having big pain in my feet. I'm used to comfy top tier shoes now that I'm old

70s are so much better and only like $25 more

(no)

>it might be slightly less comfortable because of the sturdy sole

Agreed with everything you said except this. The All Star 70s all have cushioned insoles which make a big difference in comfort. The only thing I find is that they're slightly narrower than regular chucks but mine have stretched to accomodate my feet after a few months of wear.

Oh, and I own them in navy and the all white CDG Play half heart. Go for it OP

Are they true to size?

Nowhere near as durable but they do look cooler. Because the old school models were bound by glue at the bottoms where the rubber meets it can melt away and begin to fray and wave

You haven't tried them then fag. They are miles better. They actually look like a good shoe on foot.

Half size down

I'd say full size down, these fit even larger than normal cons

a stiff flat sole is recipe for foot pain and problems, if you have flat soles, you need cushion and thinness and flexibility, second, the entire point of all stars is the thinness of the canvas, they are summer, early fall shoes, they are meant to be breathable and "flimsy"

you are doing what I call "ruining the essence" of the item, it's like buying a chelsea boot that has a laces

besides, if you want something more thicker just get the leather version of the chucks.

would these look ridiculous at size 13? I've had problems with converse looking like literal clown shoes so I've avoided them but I'm not sure if that was just the style of shoe I tried on

Size 12 here and they do. Everything looks like clown shoes in bigger sizes just embrace it

Are you black?

How thick is the canvas because I'd wear them during the summer?

not that thick, if anything it just feels sturdier. wear lighter socks and you're good.

Thanks man.

I went with PF's instead. Everyone and their mother is wearing converse.

I just like 'em better because the badge is on the outside of the leg

Oh look at me, I don't wear what everyone else is wearing cause I'm cool. GTFO

does the shine go away after wearing it for a while?

So you went with an ugly, rip off just so you can feel special?

PF has been around longer than converse.

I have Converse but my feet always hurt as fuck when i wear them too long.
Once i was walking around the city for a whole day and i had terrible blisters etc.

nice bait but flyers have just as much history if not more than chucks, they just haven't been appropriated by normies

Really? I find regular converse lows very comfortable. Maybe the most comfortable shoe I own. I have a wider foot too, so I just pull apart the laces and I'm good to go. I like the thin and flexible sole too. I've had an old pair of chucks with a thick sole (much heavier shoe than today's) and they weren't comfortable at all.

You may be flat footed desu senpai. People with flat feet love Converse because they have no arch support.