Do you guys ever have those moments where you wonder why you care about clothing so much...

Do you guys ever have those moments where you wonder why you care about clothing so much? I'm just sitting in here looking at fits/inspo on here and ktt, r/malefashion, sz etc etc and I'm just taken aback by it. Like we spend so much on pieces sometimes and I just think like "wow this dude spent 400 on a blouson jacket cause its made by undercover" or "this looks so boring/could be done with cheaper pieces yet he spent so much money on it". Part of that is probably cause I'm fruggle as fuck but even looking at some of the shit we buy its like who cares?

>r/malefashion
>400 is a lot for a jacket
>nobody notices what were wearing
>we
Hahahahhaa you dont care about clothes

I enjoy it, that’s why. Same as any hobby.

If you’re not enjoying it and just buying clothes for the designer name in hopes of seeming cool you’re doing it wrong.

for me its because im an autist and i want to be completely maxxed out in every aspect of life

sad part is though youll never be satisfied, just like your first cigarette gave you a kick, after a while it fades and you just keep doing it to feel good

same with anything that makes you feel good really, fashion for instance

sometimes i wish i was just an inept NEET so i could just be completely careless and masturbate to hentai and game all day, but thatll never satisfy me

If you spend more than $100 on a jacket, you are an autist

Stop being poor

I'm rich. I'm just not retarded enough to spend so much money on a thing because it has written some guy's name on it.

or maybe its fucking cold and you need something actually warm

Then you wear a fucking coat, not a jacket like some tryhard amerifat bitch. Also if you can't find a good jacket for $100 or less then you are the problem because you don't know how to survive in this world using amount of money everyone else does

How are you guys such fucking losers that this occupies a significant part of your life?
Seriously, I give this board a cursory glance every so often for fashion advice and otherwise do other shit with my time.

This board is full of rich kids that think they look "dope", "cool" and "fashionable" while in real life they look like tryhard losers that spend too much time and money on clothing

If it fits and blends in with the crowd, wear it.

>coping this hard with being poor

I spent £130 on my jacket three years ago and it's still working nicely.

Show me what a decent looking

I'm not poor though, kek.

I spent like £20 on some sport coat 4 years ago and it's working perfectly and it's in a great shape. It's also warm and waterproof and doesn't look like shit. It's all about being able to find good stuff without paying shitload of money

I don't fancy doing that instead of sleeping so when I have time I will

>poor
>lashes out at Americans due to inferiority complex
Checks out

You probably never leave your basement faggot. Some of us have lives that require more than a 60 dollar Kmart jacket, LOL

I'm American, but it's sort of hard to find much to be proud of when the country is buttfuck retarded. Jew slave.

Kek, I'm way superior than burgers, you all are the ones with inferiority complex, thinking that you are anyhow important

I leave my room, which is not basement, every day. Also I don't know what's Kmart, probably some burger shop. And sorry that your little spoiled ass is not able to live using your money in a smart way instead of tossing around hundreds of dollars

Living like a monk is not my idea of being smart. I get great pleasure out of using a nice cozy jacket when I go /out/, in fact, I'd probably die if I didn't have somewhat expensive equipment/clothing. Sorry that I leave my basement and need to be dressed appropriately. Hell, even for a presentation or an interview, I'd never show up in an outfit worth less than $100 lol guess I'm destined to be poor for enjoying life.

>not spending $400 on a piece of material is being a monk
Kek

Also why are you so obsessed with basements? Some fetish of yours?

I never had a basement growing up or ever, one of those carpeted wood-paneled "mancaves" would be cozy I guess, but it seems a bit dank and smelly to hang out in one.

Otherwise, $400 isn't too outrageous a sum in my country, so idk, it's not like I'm buying $2,000 meme jackets here, just some nice down and wool and things that keep my snug when climbing mountains. My hobbies are expensive, I guess.

Then I guess it's countries differences. In my country for $100 you can buy a great jacket

What shithole do you live in? China?

In Europe. We just don't overpay for clothes and you get great quality for $100

It's one of the few things I think this about actually. I enjoy wearing the clothes, looking much more attractive to the opposite sex, wearing the materials themselves and looking at them. Those are all great feelings. It's something that makes a significant difference everyday. I'd gladly drop hundreds and hundreds on one item if it means the quality is superior. God knows how many times I've wasted $20-60 on ratty shit that I only end up replacing shortly after. The quality of the manufacturing and materials just can't be replicated at a lower price. I've been trying to dress well for six years now, little by little. Only recently understood that you should just buy expensive, high quality clothes that look nice together, and that this alone does the trick perfectly, rather than doing all sorts of gymnastics to make some UNIQLO shit not look like UNIQLO shit.

More to the point, you feel different and people treat you differently based on what you're wearing. I feel like a loser if I go outside wearing cheap clothes.

not necessarily true but mostly. A lot of high functioning autistics feel uneasy with the idea of qualitative value and as such need emperical data about things like aesthetics

This is so pathetic that you faggots fall into such a low quality bait

How is that bait? Do you go outside? A lot of people in very rich areas dress very poorly. Your judgment skills suck

This

Genuinely appreciating your clothes for what they are is what makes you an actual clothing enthusiast. You are not into clothing, OP, you are into fashion. And usually, people who are into fashion eventually grow out of it.

Yeah Op sometimes I feel that way. I spent 370 on a designer bomber jacket, 405 for a Saint laurent denim jacket (One of the best deals I got, new with tags from a retailer) and I thought wow, with the money I just spent. I could have bought you know, an entire wardrobe of uniqlo that I could wear for decades. Seriously, I could have bought 3 cashmere sweaters, 2 cardigans, 4 jeans of different washes but all mostly dark, 5 sets of pajamas (each is 20 bucks so it's cheap), a denim jacket for 40, bomber jacket for 50, 3 coats. I can't return some of the items but nn now I gotta live with it. Ofcourse, I can't see myself returning the denim jacket that I've been yearning for over a year and the bomber jacket felt like an impulse buy but it was wool and I still love it. Honestly, I should have bought all uniqlo to my hearts content, having a formal wardrobe and off work wardrobe and I would have been happy and investing the rest of my money into bit coin. But I'm not financially unstable so I don't feel too bad.

Yeah, you're coping hard with being poor.

Oh yeah living in a country with the top universities, blockbuster movies, business economic growth, yearly medical breakthroughs, robots, engineering, Nasa, Tesla, apple oh those big companies that make so much of today's electronics like Dell. Oh yeah I feel bad.

>Hey I'm doing a survey if rich people wear poor people clothes, could I see the back of your shirt tag to determine if you got it from brand?
>Fuck off nigger

If you can't buy a good piece of normal clothing for $60, you probably just have no idea how to search and where to search. But w/e, if spending $10000 on a t-shirt makes you feel superior, then do that

>poor people clothes
Retard detected

This is so pathetic that you need to spend $1000000 on a piece of clothing to feel validated

As I said few times before. I am not poor. I can afford $1000 jackets without any problem. I just don't feel the need to waste my money on someone's name attached to fabric

Actually most of the good today's electronics are not (((American))).
Top universities but still you manage to be such a stupid nation.
(((American))) movies are fucking shit and everyone knows that.
Robots are way better in other parts of world.
NASA isn't purely (((American))).
Business economic growth is nearly everywhere.

Yeah, you should feel bad, especially for falling for "we wuz stronk cuntry of bergerz" shit

I stopped caring to read on the second sentence.

I'm talking about jackets, coats, shoes, jumpers etc. here. My standard for t-shirts is simply whether it fits nicely and whether the material is comfortable for me. My t-shirts have holes in them, when it gets hot I just stop giving a shit.

But unless you're getting insanely lucky, or are insanely thorough and devoted to your search, and are shopping at thrift stores, you're not finding good clothes for cheap. The material will not be good, so it can't qualify as a good piece of clothing. It's a mediocre piece of clothing. Now I don't even think that's a real problem if it's like a shirt, t-shirt, pants etc. but if you're buying jumpers/sweaters, jackets, coats, shoes etc. at that price then you're just wasting your money and will look like shit. Of course, better to actually spend the money on better materials and manufacturing, even if it is just for shirts and pants.

>top universities
They ought to be, with the ridiculous amount of tuition fees that you guys have to pay to get into university and with regards to the fact that they are literally run like businesses and optimized to meet the expectations of the most well-known global rankings.

>blockbuster movies
Kek why would you even be proud of this garbage ?

>yearly medical breakthroughs
Too bad you bunch of fat fucks can't profit from them without having to sell your house though.

"rich people dress poorly" okay.
The point was that we never spent money to feel validated but to give in our desires to acquire something nice. You're just stupid. Bad day to crawl out of the abortion bucket for you huh.

Usual for amerifats to not be able to read more than that

>Too bad you bunch of fat fucks can't profit from them without having to sell your house though.

Oh so you lead your point with amerifats. Kill yourself.

I've lived in multiple European countries and I can confirm that while in the Mediterranean countries you can find clothes for a great price at a good quality, everywhere else is not the same and actual branded clothing is almost always more expensive than in the US (esp on sale!)

Then maybe it's just American insanely high prices again, because here you can get great quality jumper for less than £40 and you don't even have to search much

>being this upset
t. Rich kid throwing money into trash bin for supreme winter coat

Nope, you're just upset that I have money and you don't. Also, like my Saint Laurent Jacket?

>you're just upset that I have money and you don't
Ignoring the fact that it sounded like a thing elementary school kid would say trying to impress his classmates, I already said that I am not poor.

Also your jacket looks like cheap shit. You are so immature it's hilarious, I feel like I'm talking with my 12 year old brother

Oh yeah, I sound elementary? Says the guy who thought I wore supreme. Funny how you already decide to say it looks like shit when you haven't seen the entire jacket. That's pretty myopic observation Mr. Elementary.

>Then maybe it's just American insanely high prices again
Actually, I'm from the UK. Don't know why I decided to translate into American. The other day I got a great jumper from John Lewis for £50, but it was on sale from £100. I'm unconvinced that you can get any good quality jumper with a standard retail price of £40, or even below. Anyone with an eye or (especially) a feeling for materials would be able to spot the mediocre material and/or craftsmanship.

The problem is that our standard for 'good' is obviously different. I'm happy for you that you can get a coat for less than £100 that fits, keeps you warm, and looks perfectly presentable, but that doesn't make it a good coat, it makes it a coat that works for you. By itself it has no quality, it's only when it's worn by someone who presumably knows how to make it work with other clothes that it looks 'good'.

I'm not suggesting that you can't look good wearing mediocre-quality clothes. You probably have a better sense for fit and matching than I do, but you're not discerning with regards to the quality of the material. I do believe that the quality of the clothing (however subtle) is integral to how an outfit looks. I think you can look good, but you will just always look good for a poor person, or a person who lacks taste, or both.

Coping hard with being a poorfag

what the fuck is a jumper. I agree with one of your points that the quality does help with how an outfit
looks. I prefer to buy designer clothing because I like the design philosophy of that particular brand but also their high consistency of standard quality. But also easier resell.

>getting this upset over being called elementary schooler
I guess I guessed right :) I wonder how much pocket money you get from daddy that you buy grown up kids stuff

Another americuck that can't read

>We-we're not fat
Sure, fattie

Also the fact that you only try to challenge this point, which can easily be backed up with recent statistics taken from reliable US-led research that you could have found with a 30-seconds google research, is quite eloquent

>being PROUD of being a slave to the Jews

Americans really are on another level.

A jumper is a sweater in bongspeak. This is why I americanize my posts, because burgers are retarded.

Americans who actually read know what trainers and jumpers are, but you're right, most of this country is absolutely 2-digit IQ pants-on-head retarded. see

>Let's pull out data specifically for the U.S with no comparison but also neglect that fact that the U.S.A has fifty states, which all very much differently and also use a term called Amerifats because I'm jealous of Americans who get to live in a great country, except trump

Oh man, you're making me laugh

In my country for you can buy 3 stuff while you would pay in UK the same price for one of them. We don't wear international brands, but our country's brands most of the time, which is the reason prices are lower while quality is still good because it wasnt produced based on UK price standards. Basically if I went to your country and changed all my money to £, I would be middle class, maybe even lower middle class. But in my country I'm considered as rich because I can buy more stuff of the same quality as the person in my, and your country seen as a middle class person. And no, my country is not 3rd world country

bong speak. more like retard speak. Oiii govnaaa, watcha doing there? you taking the piss? sipping on tea? wankerrrr . OI mate save the queen

I am not Also why would I be jealous of such a shithole country which is universally viewed as one?
I'm glad that simple things like not liking your trash country makes your fat inbreed lips let out a laugh. Try not to laugh too hard though, you might have problems with catching a breathe and your gun won't give you a $10009900 rode to hospital

>Lives in countries full of fuckers who wear fake stone island but drink tea and brexit

nigga u over thinking it and getting caught up in stupiud forum culture politics i just like cool clothes that happen to cost four figures

i wear what i want because i want to wear it not because the internet thinks its cool

u cant buy culture and u sure as hell cant buy the cool factor

Be careful or you will choke on your 10% cheese burger

Not recognising the fact that British People >>> inbreed burger fattos

its not even a leather b, why u trying to flex LOL

*walk up and think emoji while considering which $3000 rick leather i will wear during the day and which one i will swap to at night*

uh why are u posting here ???

>considering which $3000 rock leather I will wear during the day and which one I will swap to at night

Oh yeah I agree with you man I love the UK. Summer is my most favorite season, my favorite day of the year. Please go take your anti depressents and get off Veeky Forums. Your country is fucked by some old blondie thanks to Brexit. Your economy went fucking down. Uk would be the most obese country in Europe if it was still in it lol. Have fun with all your drug users and fucked up English. Your country has no talents and prodigies. Your country never wins any world cup (I fucking wonder why cunt).
Your country is going down with your drug users. We'll dump your bigelow pg tip tea down the drain with our piss mate.

I'm not even from UK kek

Do you really need to be spoonfed to this point ? Anyway, here you go fatso.

>also use a term called Amerifats because I'm jealous of Americans who get to live in a great country, except trump
I use the term Amerifats because you are objectively the fattest people on earth. I also have no reason whatsoever to feel jealous and I even explained to you why the USA are a shitty country but hey, Ameritards are not renowned for their sharp and critical thinking so I guess I'll let you be.

>people that dont wear designer garms post on imageboard

rly mokes u thonk

The very fact that you do not state the name of your country is solid evidence that you live in a shithole my friend

I spent your rent like groceries to cover my nipples nigga. But no, I'd buy Sandros leather jacket if I wanted a leather jacket.

LMAOOOOOOOO you do realize that the obese people are the old people right? Just like those old cunts UK you cunt.

Nah, it's the solid evidence that I'm smart enough not to mention it because no matter what I will mention, you will start projecting. When I don't mention it, I will have less retarded answers, even though they are pretty awful already

>people who buy few $3000 jackets and switch them few times a day
hopefully daddy will take you back to his golden house when you spend all your money at $10000 toilet paper

Every second American I talk with is fat, and I don't talk with grandmas

Nah, it's the solid evidence that I'm smart enough not to mention it because no matter what I will mention, you will start projecting. When I don't mention it, I will have less retarded answers, even though they are pretty awful already

You are pathetic. You know you don't have any power to protect yourself lmao. Textbook definition of a cuck

>cannot read a graph where the age is clearly specified
>lacks the capacity to do basic research
>LMAOOOOOOOO
And right on your left, you can see a typical Ameritard in its natural habitat.

>Too Smart
>not to mention
>Start projecting

Can you stop breathing

um hello???
i'm don't @ me again u fucking poorfaggot turd

keep ur h&m slp jacket lmfao

Oh god, I love when muricans prove their stupidity

Don't you have math homework to do? Close Veeky Forums and finish it or you will miss your bedtime and daddy won't give you pocket money

>hopefully daddy will take you back to his golden house when you spend all your money at $10000 toilet paper

just creampied my sugarmoms thick puss after she took me shopping at l'eclaireur, got some new carol christian poell

why are u posting on a fashion forum if u dont have the contributions? mods need to ban flyover ip addresses asap ... reason why this board is in such decline s m h

Stop replying to yourself. You'd be retarded to spend 3k on a rick owens jacket.

Oh man just die

w2c effay sugarmom

God, I love larptards, always make me chuckle

If I want a nice expensive piece and I can afford it then I'll buy it. Only get one life why shouldn't someone enjoy what they enjoy if they can

u'd be retarded to spend a dime on a ugly af walmart denim with a hack slimane tag on it

forget cable we got the biggest loser right here lmfaoooo

Not him but actually spending $10 dollars on shit is less retarded than spending $3000 on shit

>actually bought rick owens meme
>holy fucking stupid

>thinking you are better than other people because u have more money