Question about hair. So people say to not wash your hair everyday. Does that mean not to shampoo+conditioner everyday...

Question about hair. So people say to not wash your hair everyday. Does that mean not to shampoo+conditioner everyday? Am i supposed to only rinse my hair with water in the shower? I use gel and hair spray almost daily so what am i supposed to do with the not washing your hair everyday thing? Also it seems like im having flakes fall off hair when i scratch. Its not that much bit still, its concerning me. I dont want dandruff (growing my hair long).

You don't have to rinse your hair everyday brainlet.
Women couldn't survive if this were true

So how the fuck do i shower?

Just don't get your hair wet. If you ever grow long hair, you'll get use to it.

Wear a shower cap (or a nylon bag whatever) every other day

But the second day after washing it's already greasy and I already wash one day and one not. The day I didn't wash it it looks like shit.

someone once explained to me that your hair adapts to your washing habits

youve washed all oils produced by your body daily for a decade, its gonna take some time to get used to not doing it every day.

The transition is awkward with dirty hair, either bite the bullet or do it on a holiday where u wont see much ppl.

>gel and hairspray
disgusting

But what if i use gel and hairspray everday???

Dude it ain’t complicated. Take a regular shower but just don’t use shampoo. Only use shampoo 2-3 times a week or when you feel like it.

Also stop using such shit products you fag

I take a shower daily and wash my hair daily. My hair is beautiful. Some people maybe have better hair from not washing it, I dunno. I do, though.

or rather, don't* have better hair from not washing it

I have short hair and I think it looks great after two-three days without washing, though when I wash it it feels totally dry and spiky and there is nothing I can do to move it.

The problem is that if I try this two or three cycles (a week or two washing it only every two-three days) I get dandruffs and it's scratchy as fuck.

Same. I tried the washing only once a week thing for 3 straight weeks, my hair looked awful. No shine, not manageable, looked terrible. Itched like crazy too.

I wash every day, every other at most. No problems here.

I think it's genetic, my hair gets oily very quick with my med genes, but it's also straight and light with my anglo/irish genes... so if I don't wash it, it just ends up looking grimy. People say this goes away, but err... not for me. I prefer using my organic shampoo and conditioner and smelling lovely

What do you use? I'm in the market for a new shampoo since my usual won't be carried around where I live anymore. I have very straight, dark hair. Med master race!

Well, I use Jason or Giovanni, but there are other local small-batch sort of brands I'll pick up every so often if I feel like it. I got some Icelandic stuff that was like a dream... otherwise, I also tend to switch every few days just to keep my hair on top of its game.

So just use conditioner and not shampoo everyday?

I rinse my hair every few days and wash/condition about once a week.
My hair isn't particularly oily, however and I don't use any product or a blow dryer so YMMV.
You need to figure out what works for you individually.

>gel and hairspray