Ginger beer-d

>Wake up
>Go to wash face/shower/check beard (1.5 weeks into growing)
>Waitasecond.gif
>Look closely
>Notice a bunch of ginger hairs on my chin
>Sideburns and jawline are same colour as hair (dark brown)

Why is my beard growing ginger? Literally no-one in my family is or has ever had ginger hair/beards. What the fuck Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=why does my facial hair grow red
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thats sounds cool, you will have a flame on your face

your mom got POTATO'D

Not likely, I look too much like my dad.

are you Scandinavian? im half Norwegian and half german.. i have brown hair blue eyes but i get a little red in my beard. I shave btw i dont have the right face shape for a full beard or any facial hair.. if i did i wouldnt mind the red tho

I'm like 98% Yorkshire Brit with the tiniest hint of Portuguese (apparently the reason for dark hair and blue eyes). I live in Australia though

I'm a ginger, but one of my pubes is black :D

Do you have Irish/Scottish blood OP?
I have brown hair with reddish beard. It gets more brown as it gets longer but when its short its quite red

Not as far as I know. Always have been from England

How red are you talking? Pic related was me

Hah, I'm the same. My hair and beard are dark brown, but the left and right side of my chin grow ginger. My moustache is also blondeish. It's weird.

Nice shirt

I have a bunch of ginger and blond hairs in my beard as well, but the rest of it is so black and thick you gotta look for em real close to even see them.

Yeah, chin hairs will tend to be lighter than the rest of the beard. I have the same thing except blonde

I'm Irish, and have very dark brown hair with reddish facial hair. It's not that uncommon

Im greek and have a small patch of reds on my chin, I think even if there's one ginger in your bloodline you have chances of inheriting some red hair.

keep growing it out, when it gets longer it'll be the same color as the rest. i always have a few red whiskers but when i grow it out a little more it's just brown

It's relatively common. I have dark brown hair and mostly black facial hair, but there's a streak of red on the left side of my chin and a bit of white on my right cheek. Beards are rarely uniform.

kek

its a recessive gene that clicks on in a lot of people.

Actual full ginger here.

There are two types of melanin, one that is brown and one that is redish. Black people have a lot of both. Asian people also have both, but less redish (hence, they're """yellow"""), Native Americans have more of the redish one (hence """"red skins"""). Blonde people with blue eyes have very little of both melanins. Gingers are people with the unique characteristic of having very little brown melanin but higher amounts of red melanin (compared to blondes), so their skin is very white, but the hair grows red.

That being said, melanin is not balanced throughout the body of no one. Some people are very white but with lots of freckles, some are blonde with dark eyes, or blue eyes and dark hair, some gingers have very dark eyebrows, etc. Ginger bears on people with dark hair are extremely common. Could be about recessive genes and so on, but it is actually much more simple than that, it's just that in your particular case, not enough brown melanin is being produced to create a dark hair in your beard, but enough red melanin is there to make it red.

I'm English, Scot and Irish. Mostly English, and they're the fair haired side of the family. The Celtic side is brown hair and eyes. My hair is straw blond and I've got green eyes, but my beard has a little red in it. Who fucking knows? I think mottled beards look better than solid colour ones anyway. Looking forward to that early white hair from my dad.

Let me fucking google that for you.
lmgtfy.com/?q=why does my facial hair grow red

>be turk
>have blonde and ginger hairs
>everyone else in family has dark black or brown hair
can someone explain this?

This.

Ur mom got BLEACHED
jk genetics are just fucking weird so you get randumb shit all the time

Happens to a me a lot too. I'm an Asian guy with very dark brown hair, most people think it's black. I get random red and blonde hairs in my beard.