Do you dress weird for attention?

Do you dress weird for attention?

you dont need to dress weird for attention

dressing well will get you attention

in the first stages of my fashion chronicles, of course i did. to the point of hypebeast faggotry / full rick autism. but as you realize with anything you apply your mind to, and you study vigorously while drawing outside inspiration... less is more.

I've thrown away A TON of pieces in 2017 and in 2018 i embrace full minimalism but still staying true to some of my favorite brands. Paying a high price for reuasble beautiful fabric isn't a problem. It's only a problem when you start buying too much. You can't wear everything you see being displayed on a run way, you can't afford it likely and by the time you do the garments will simply be not popular, not important any more.

With a pretty face i can outfitmog ANY hypebeast fuck face or any grungecore wannabe with my simple chino, v neck and smart shoe outfit a la chico lachowski. Hell, i'll even fuck around and wear zip up hoodies.

lol

I dont dress weird because im not a fucking loser

Yeah I did when I was in college. People would ask my friends about me and my bud would tell em i went on crazy german fashion websites. I also smoked too much weed and sucked dick at talking to people, so I drifted prrtty deeply into my own little fashion bubble. It's been about 2-3 years since graduating. I'm way less liberal (read: progressive) these days and I think it shows. More masculine, straight forward, less pandering to shitty females. Not to be mistaken with non shitty non wannabe art skanks.

I wear well-fitting basics with slightly stand-out and interesting shoes, jackets, and over-shirts.
I constantly get compliments and people mistake me for a celebrity sometimes.

kek
this is good pasta

I dress to express aesthetics that I like. The only attention that I want is from those who appreciate the same aesthetics that I do.

anyone into fashioin goes through phases...there are different ways people express themselves...some love to layer in the winter...while others prefer to play with colors and fabrics in the summer.....I dont think its much about 'attention" ...its more about what mood youre in and how your weight is fluctuating...bc face it - we all gain/lose weight....

if you dress for attention - youre either under 21 years old, super insecure/crazy, and/or an attention whore

>we all fluctuate in weight
I wish I could put some on desu

drink wine, eat gourmet cheese, and binge netflix for 2 weeks....never fails

yes, lets people know i'm not a vapid female. (inb4- obviously i understand that dressing to impress males is a vapid female behavior)

men gravitate towards the girl that isn't dressed like a slut in cold weather.

yes, otherwise sven wouldn't let me in

This, but if it was expressed in a less faggy way.

this is probably the only good thing you've said

same except the fact that i want everyones attention because im so lonely

Each person and situation has own definition of weird. At my first job I had to attend to chef for wearing full black with turtleneck though for me it was normal clothes.
Now I mix minimal basics with some Japanese avantgarde like CdG, Yohji or Undercover. Get lots of compliments. I left this job two years ago by the way, money was good, but people and job itself boring af.

What was your job?

I dress weird in some way because I never had the chance to express myself in my younger days.

>I had to attend to chef
sorry?
No, I actually hate the attention I get from the way I dress (which isn't really weird at all), but once you start caring about your clothes it's difficult to dress like a normalfag again

No. Form follows function. Theres too many posers and such who dress a certain way to represent a lifestyle they don't have. For example I'm a biker and its annoying to see soyboy twinks wearing leather biker jackets and such. I wear the occasional milsurp piece, heavy boots, leather, chain etc and probably get some looks depending on where I go but its practical.

lol

I dress weird so if people give me looks in public I can pin it down to what I'm wearing. When I used to dress regularly I'd be convinced it was because of my face, or my hair, or I smelled weird or whatever. Now I can just go "Oh it's probably because I look like a homeless gopnik" and ignore everyone

w2c jacket to the right?

w2c sweater on left?

Gosha Rubchinskiy you nerd

Is this pasta?

To answer OP's question, yes I dress in some edgelord shit. Everyone around me is just a boring piece of shit with no personality who does nothing interesting and just talks about Game of Thrones and has no hobbies except Netflix. It's so depressing. I cannot be like bland normies, as angsty teen as that sounds.

I actually do have friends and I am well adjusted though.

i go out of my way to look boring. attention is for people that weren't hugged enough as children

>chico lachowski

lol

desu, sort of
My confidence is pretty low, so I hope that by dressing out of the norm my confidence will increase

It kinda worked for me. I started wearing wool pants pretty regularly this winter and on top of being comfy as fuck I feel more confident in them. Definitely have gotten some comments/questions on them but I don't mind them much. Good luck user

Yes but only in ways that I enjoy

Thx bby