Why do black women straighten their hair?

why do black women straighten their hair?

these parted afro girls make me wanna never post on /pol/ again

A lot of them just wear weaves man, it's not necessarily them straightening their natural hair. Black hair often is harder to maintain + western beauty standards etc idk lol

Combing frizzy hair is hard

Plus there's a good shout about Caucasoid features being the standard for beauty

My mixed friend (male) straightened his hair out when we were teens. It was weird at first but he explained that combing it became easier plus he wanted to pick up emo chicks so power to him.

Why do women color their hair? Why do white women perm their hair? Why do they curl it?

I like black women with their natural hair too but I won't deny them the opportunity to style and color it in anyway they want.

This mostly. I usually wear braids specifically because of how often and violently my hair gets tangled. No one wants to spend 20+ minutes a day combing out knots.

Also, it's a good opportunity to point out that the majority of black woman do not look like that or have hair with that composition. More often than not, un-styled black hair looks like a regular afro. Pic related is what it would look closer too. Still stylish, but even more of a nightmare to maintain.

Maybe it suits their features better

This.

Long Afro hair is a bitch to maintain. I'm white and used to have long hair with big curls, and even that was hard to keep from becoming a tangled frizzy mess. Can't imagine having legitimately nappy hair.

Full afro african AIDS queen or bust.

>Long Afro hair is a bitch to maintain.
as if you would know

This is no secret of course it is.

this looks pretty too

i honestly think the reason some people think black women arent good looking is because of the straightened hair. it turns some of the average-above average looking black girls into below average.

these afro girls like this are too good looking but they are rare to come by for no good reason

Idk man I'm black and I rarely fuck with black girls (mainly latina), most just aren't looking right and not to mention crazy lol. I don't disagree that the hair relaxing is a bit overboard though.

That girl is flawless, if I met a sister who looked like that I would wife her over a 10 of any other ethnicity, but that shit is mad rare and you know it.

but if she had straight hair would you even notice her

Not true man her face is gorgeous. You're not wrong that her hair makes you turn your head more than you would otherwise, but she is a bad example because she would only look slightly less nice with straightened hair. I knew a girl real light skinned who had long braids, cut it off had a short fro then straight. Braids looked the best then straight then fro in her case.

Think it just depends on the person.

weaves are a jewish psyops to keep black women from being attractive

Any pics of the style sounds interesting. I'm full black and I sometimes think of flat ironing my hair just to fuck around and experiment not try and be anything else

w2c a black qt gf

You're probably just looking in the wrong places. I've mainly dated black and indian girls, but I don't really see much of a difference in what passes as attractive when it comes to black girls. That being said, I think I'm more attracted to the personality really

I mean, of course you would. At the end of the day, every girl posted so far would look good with either straightened or unstraightened hair. That's because they are just attractive. It has zero to do with what type of hair they have.

>full black
I have never heard anyone say this before kek

I think I find afros attractive in that "own yourself" kind of way, but I respect that it can be a day to day pain.

I'm growing one, and shit is a bitch. constantly have to worry about breakage, knots, and how sensitive my hair is too.

im white with a cute black fashion gf

its pretty tight being an avant garde mixed couple

although i really hate self righteous ""woke"" black girls

does she have an afro

used to, it naturally parts in the middle so i cut it into a black girl bob

are you fckng kidin me, I am a Paki and i fnd her hhhnnggggghhhhh hot and extremly lovable, both of these

damn,

pic

You're really thick if you think you gotta be black to know this.