Convince me not to drop 2.5k on this TAG watch

Convince me not to drop 2.5k on this TAG watch.

Yes I "have" the money but it'd come out of my savings / options. Is this a good idea?

Also, can you suggest (cheaper) alternatives?

Let's say in the 1k to 2k range.

Don't buy fucking Tag Heuer mate. It's dog shit. There's literally no re-sale value at all and they use a cheap ETA movement.

My only alternatives are Longines and Raymond Weil at this price point.

I don't want a used or vintage watch, however stupid that may be.

I'd get the Longines but it's 35mm and that's just too small for my taste.

This

You’re right, that is fucking stupid. If you’re too dumb to buy used then save up until you can buy something of worth.

What's a good reputable place to buy a used watch though?

Tag Heuer is a brand sustained by big advertising bucks and not by reputation.

chrono24.com

You can get a vintage Omega for that.

What do you think about this FC using in house movement?

I've heard FC is an up and comer, is this bullshit?

FC is extremely overpriced regardless of being made in-house. They literally pay their employees with watches because they can't afford to pay everyone.

Buy a junghans max bill watch for about 1k less.

This. So much this.

I'm a watch collector/huge watch enthusiast.

Please just do some research and buy a vintage Omega/Tudor instead. They will be infinitely more worth it, and hold their value.

Personally i would not spend 2.5K on this watch. In terms of aesthetics it doesnt match up even seiko automatic watches that literally cost 5 times less.
If i were you i would safe money and buy later a Grand Seiko (4500 + ) or a omega

If you really had the money you wouldn't have ot ask
DON'T

This is the seiko that costs you 5 times less money. I am going to buy this beauty next.

I always think of this quote when I see watches in that price range: "The only reason you'd spend $2500 on a watch is because you can't spend an impressive amount of money on a watch ($25000)". Nothing about a 2.5k watch is noticeably better than on a $500 watch. I wouldn't do it

It's true, except for prestige

but a 2.5k watch doesn't bring you prestige because it looks the same as a $500 watch. only an aficionado could know how much that TAG costs, or you could tell people, brag about it, and be a douche. a Rolex Submariner looks prestigious immediately to everyone because everyone knows what a rolex is

No way only aficionados know about TAG. I don't buy that.

It's not Omega but definitely very well known.

TAG is literally garbage for clueless suckers who wander into a mall looking for a "nice watch" and pick the first $2000 watch with a brand they recognize. TAG has not done a single interesting thing with the brand in 30 years except try to pass off a Seiko movement as their own and do a half-ass job making copies of old models from back when Heuer was actually good.

And then there's Omega, speaking of not doing a single interesting thing in 30 years except live off past glory.

TAG copied Seiko's chronograph movement and tried to pass it off as their own "in-house". And I can live with "cheap ETA" movement if the case and bracelet are fucking on point with quality but that isn't even the case with TAG watches. They're complete dog shit. What's wrong with getting a nice Japanese watch like this Seiko. It must not be great because it doesn't try to jew 2 grand off you?

Tell me about Panerai. Those are the only watches my dad wears. Unfortunately, I have bitch wrists so I’ll never a watch (however I am 6” taller than he is), but I’d like to know what people think about them.

First of all
Don’t buy a tag, they’re overpriced quartz watches

And don’t spend 1-2k on a watch unless you have a very solid bank account (40k plus, and that’s a stretch) and no other obligations

>$2.5k
>>$500-800 more and you can have a brand new tudor
shooby dooby