A FUCKING UNBUTTONED POLO

MY FUCKING SIDES

It is literally the worst thing he could have picked for that part of the fit

I cant fathom his thought process

>Polo with blazer
>Not a contrasting color

y tho?

the polo is a #menswear thing

in all honesty, despite the knee-jerk reaction to polos and suits, it's pre good.

this is seriously just a two piece suit that doesn't even fit him well through the arms. is MFA really that easy to please?

>polo collar outside of jacket collar
Unacceptable

compared to the waywt threads on here i'd say no one's in the position to judge

His socks are disgusting

looks like a quintessential reddit poster

I mean this isn't terrible, but is this really considered fit of the year?

As opposed to? The fact you don't understand WHY this is the fit of the year is sad. Reddit is a popularity contest, the thing that appeals to the largest amount of people is upvoted the most. You wouldn't get some goofninja winning outfit of the year from some frat guy. But a suit is almost universally acknowledged as "good looking". As the concept is almost universal, it would be a good assumption to assume it appeals to the most amount of people. Reddit isn't some sociological mystery put forth by the internet. How was this not immediately understood?

The fit is average at best, the only sad thing is that Reddit universally agreed that it was deserving of "fit of the year".

>Ill fitting
>Polo shirt
>Meme loafers
>Looks like an unflattering silhouette

I'm just confused that nobody could spit out a better fit than this

Why didn't you? This is a serious question. You surely have a well fitting suit, you surely have non meme loafers, you surely have a flattering silhouette. You're celery so confounded this was outfit of the year, you could have done better than this scrub shit, right?

The polo is ok, it could be done better but ok.
The collar over lapels and black loafers are unforgivable.

Are you implying that he should read and post on reddit? Seriously?

Since when does mfa do SUITS?
It's full of people that would like to wear a suit but can't because of social conditioning, but nobody actually puts one on!

The fit is good you don't know jack shit with your "memes".

No, post the pic here. If you're that insecure about a website. I'll post a revision thread asking for a new vote count. If he is that spectacular in all things fashion he will get more votes. I'm simply asking him to back it up, if he's going to talk shit. Stop being a little bitch and enabling him simply because of some ass blasted, echo chamber fear you have of reddit.

It's disgust, not fear.
Disgust... and curiosity.

Great, substitute every word in my post with 'disgust' and my point still stands. You however, haven't posted anything of relevance as of yet. So either post a fit in lieu of homeboy or take his cock out of your mouth so he can post one.

>Why didn't you?

Because i'm not trying to upvotes on fucking MFA. Just because i'm not a chef doesn't mean I don't know when food tastes like shit.

Why are you getting so booty-blasted? Are you the dude in the picture

No, It's simply entertaining to watch idiots claim something and then stumble through excuses as to why couldn't. Keep it up. I'm obviously not a psychic, but I'd be willing to wager this type of excuse making falls into quite a few facets of your life.

Holy shit, this is where my retarded roommate got his clothing idea for this year.

no it isnt okay you tasteless faggot

>Hurrr I hate Reddit but I pathologically go on it all the time anyway and think about it all the time.

Veeky Forums is fucking pathetic.

Serious question because I don't go on Reddit, does Reddit obsess about Veeky Forums as much as Veeky Forums does about it? Like are people on Reddit saying "back to Veeky Forums fag" and shit?

are you that faggot from reddit here to defend yourself? why you care so much jesus fuck

at least its not this guy

fit doesn't matter when you inherently look dirty and unclean. his face does not work

check yourself, fag

fashion ICON coming through

Yeah, it's hard to tell due to posture, but all the parts are fine, if boring.

>why the fuck did he pick that shirt
Because he wasn't aiming for a formal outfit. Not that a lounge suit is terribly formal, but Veeky Forums doesn't know much about suiting, so whatever.

Long-sleeved polos are something of a meme in the suit wearing, internet watching community. Just look to Simon Crompton's blog.

Low contrast fits are a meme no matter what clothing you're wearing.

And I'm not saying meme to disparage any of this. I'm just pointing out that his choices are popular ones.

You should look at what Veeky Forums likes for your answer to that.

What would be Veeky Forums's best outfit? Oh wait, i don't want to know

>Ill fitting
This might be valid, but we can't even tell from the photo. At best we might criticize that fact, but we can't yet criticize the fit.

>Polo shirt
This is a valid choice with plenty of historical precedent. It's a fucking meme anymore, but if memes were disallowed in menswear (no hashtag), Veeky Forums would cease to exist. I do think the meme is a mark against it, ultimately.

>Meme loafers
No one wears black penny loafers.

>Looks like an unflattering silhouette
We can't tell because we can't assess the fit very well. It's possible, at least.

Over all, this is a boring, if competent enough fit. I don't see why it got fit of the year, but Veeky Forums's frothing has more to do with the board's general ignorance of the broader fashion world (or fashion in general) than anything having to do with the fit itself.

It's a boring fit with nothing different about it. Only thing that stands out is the polo and that honestly just looks terrible.
It's a true reddit tier outfit.

goth ninja is back in a big way

Are we being raided by reddit? Lots of angry replies, defending this shitty outfit.

The white pants are a questionable choice, the slippers are a meme, and the lack of socks just about ruins the fit, but if we isolate the top block, the fit is about as competent a black tie ensemble as you're likely to find.

Realistically r/mfa is better than this board.

Tuxedo is evening wear.

I disagree. If you had said r/malefashion it would have been correct.

Sure, but maybe it was nearing evening when the photo was taken. That's plausible at least. It's also plausible that he was at a semi-formal wedding. Sure, the wedding planners would have fucked up to do a semi-formal wedding during the day, but I've been to a few (and honestly, you go by what the invitation says even if it's wrong because it's not your fucking wedding).

Brass tacks, I don't know that I care so much about the time of day here. It's a valid criticism, but it falls to the wayside when I consider the fit in isolation (since it already has issues).

Correct day wear black tie is the stroller suit.

Lot's of people here don't realize that the guy wears lots of actual vintage menswear from the 1930/20's. It's not really meant to fit or look like a suit today would. I think it's an interesting concept that works well with him because he's fully committed to it. The outfit is way better than anything I've seen posted in any WAYWT threads here in ages anyway.

I don't even know what you're getting at. Yes, black tie (and white tie) is semi-formal evening wear. Yes, a stroller is formal day wear. Yes, the time of day can (and maybe should) be considered when judging a black tie ensemble. I've admitted as much.

Now, do you have any more tepid fashion facts you'd like to share?

Honestly, his suit looks fairly contemporary. The button configuration, the height of the gorge, and the semi-structured shoulder/chest don't readily point to a different period. It could be vintage, but nothing screams vintage to me.

The thing about Veeky Forums is that it's not knowledgeable about suiting or even interested in it, so a lot of suit-based fits are going to get shot down with little to no real criticism.

These niggas know what's up, the guy's name is Ethan Wong btw, better fits than 90% of this board

polos with suits are perfectly fine, men have always been doing it and will keep doing it

y'all are acting like autists

It's funny that a "fashion" board is more conservative than men were in the 1950s when it comes to suits.

I've seen this guys fits before I think. This is very understated for him. He usually dresses like a caricature from the 50's, yet it somehow works for him?

FFA posted theirs as well. inb4 "there's no women of size!!!" in the leddit thread

there's a subtle pattern tho!

is he wearing a hijab?

This is a good fit. IMO the socks are not good enough for "fit of the year quality" that is irrelevant. This guy often has good fits, vintage stuff, modifications on suit styling, whatever. Not for me but I appreciate it.

What I think is unforgivable about this, or any of his other fits, is his body. It blows my mind that someone can be as concerned/interested in fashion as this man is and have such a soft body. Look at his face in any picture, look at his body underneath those flowy, high waisted vintage pants he likes. How can you profess to be so interested in aesthetics, style, fit, beauty, etc (as he does) and neglect the most important quality, physical beauty. Put this fit on a more athletic person and it is better, height, face, frame are out of anyone's control. But do some pullups, skip the large vanilla latte, go for a jog.

I'm not saying go super thin but if he even spent a quarter of the time and effort on his body as he spends on clothes all his fits would be so much better.

Is this a menswear thing? Is menswear the refuge for soft-palmed, doughy, limp-wristed men?

You fucking moron, I just check, and THIS is the top post from mfa

And heres the whole top 100.

imgur.com/a/k9NRd

>Is it a menswear thing?
Go to /r/streetwear. It's even worse there because fat teen chinks really think "flexing" their favorite nigger hoodie and nmds makes them Calvin Klein models.

ok this one is pretty good

not bad

dreads look way out of place compared to the formal-ish looking outfit but pretty good otherwise

Jealous of this guy's CCP collection.

how does one obtain this form

imgur.com/a/FGgLA

the top post on the female reddit is from a guy lmao, women btfod

i wouldnt be

in his situation it might as well be a cosplay costume

This was actually my first reaction as well, he looks so personally shabby that the elegance of the fit is destroyed.

I mean yeah, the sleeves and legs could have been better cut and that collar shit is not good, but all in all it's a solid fit and would look good in an unremarkable way, an actual everyday wear fit as opposed to the gaudy excess you see in a lot of "wearing this for the photo" fits. It's his head that fucks it up.

>It's not really meant to fit or look like a suit today would.
Then why the fuck does it have a modern cut, like those too-slim trouser legs? Look at the way the seam is rippling and puckering, that's not some Edwardian shit.

I'm all about that prewar vintage, but like the other guy said, there's nothing in this cut that suggests vintage. On the contrary everything about it looks totally contemporary, from the lapel to the almost flush turn-up.

orthodox priestninja core

>fine
Nobody is doubting that it's a "fine" thing to do, but this is a critique of what was voted the "best fit" of the entire year.

Is there a reason why you'd opt for a polo rather than an OCBD, though? Unless you lived in a very hot country I can't think of a reason

SS + GOMAD

those shoes.. that pose.. wtf is up with them doing their action poses.
"LOOK OVER THERE, RAISE YOUR FOOT SLIGHTLY, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR HAND"

there should be a funniest/worst of FFA because 99.9% of the fits are disastrous.

it's a conversation you fuck

This applies to like 90% of the shit posted there tho. I mean its better than cargo shorts and autism sneakers, but that isn't setting the bar very high.

Those are some ugly fucking shoes and the polo is totally off imo.

The problem with MFA is the outfits are boring, hardly ever stray from basic hipster mall stuff, and in general just make the people look like pretentious fucks. The toxic influence has been spreading and gradually made its way and ruined /r/streetwear.

Sure but if you sift through the garbage posted in Veeky Forums's waywt, the good fits are still heaps better than the one in OP.

too fuckin fat

her shirt is not formal tho, i think it's supposed to be a nouveau goth sort of thing

It's really hard to say how tight his trousers are given his posture. The outseam is pulling, as you said, but it might just owe to fact his leg is crossed.

But we can say this about Veeky Forums too. Most of Veeky Forums's cherished fits (when it bothers to post anything) are also boring and fit within whatever bubble the board is operating in at the time.

Why is this thread still going? Jesus Christ!

how tf are those shoes ugly they're literally just black loafers

Veeky Forums is way worse than mfa and I can’t stand reddit

She belongs on Veeky Forums. Too good 4 plebbit.

ugly guy, ugly clothing, ugly socks, ugly shoes

I made a few from past WAYWTs

this one has the "quality submitter" tag

top fit of january last year

Lets see Veeky Forumss best fit of 2017

this thread was "top"
amazing how many people have OCD in a subreddit with less than a thousand active members

why?

because women are insecure creatures and they feel the need to placate other women in order to feel better about themselves, while simultaneously thinking to themselves "wow, at least i'm not her"

grrrl power!

pic related: note that on a bride that is attractive most comments are about the dress itself, rather than how the person in it looks.

dropped my pic