What is it about iPhones that make them on a whole other Veeky Forums level than android phones?

What is it about iPhones that make them on a whole other Veeky Forums level than android phones?

if you see all those high fashion people at runways shows and shit they will most often than not have an iPhone over anything else

what's the dealio?

commodity fetishism

Simplicity of the design

Hundreds of millions in marketing in the last decade.

apple ecosystem plus no freedom of choice i.e it just werks cause we don't let you mess with it

same reason they use macs

ew're talking about the aesthetics of iphone, not the software you nerd
Iphone puts to shame any other phone u put next to it in the looks and feeling department

untrue.

No

marketing

just with the photo u can see how cheaply assambled that crap is

why does he have 209 missed calls, can't he pick up the damn phone someone is very worried about him

he called himself from his house phone to seem important

the essential phone has way nicer build quality than iphones

iphones are for girls and old people

This is what peak performance looks like

if you dont have an SE why are you even on this board...

computer- 2015 15 inch macbook pro retina
phone- S8
headphones- audio technica m40x

This phone just looks off.
The chin is way too big, the margin and screen ratio is also off.
Look at the iphone, the margin is almost like the essential phone, but the essential is wider.
Just look so weird.

>the essential phone has way nicer build quality than iphones
Never held an essential phone before, but I doubt it.
Iphone X felt solid as fk when holding it.

Phone of the past.
Maybe a bit more "useable" than the current iphones, but damn it's ugly compared to iphone X.

They have a simplicity and clarity of design executed to a very high standard, just look at the 5S or the retina/touchbar MacBook Pro. Apple has obsessive control over every element of the product design and have consistently pursued a clean bauhaus/modernist vision, an aesthetic standard that Android manufacturers haven't yet been able to achieve

The 5S/SE is my favourite phone, the smooth satiny sides of aluminium sharply framing the planes of glass - so good

soz if i sound like jony fucken ive

Most likely non tech people, just sticking with the phone that works and looks the same as every other year

High cost and minimalism in design. That's literally it.

honestly I think samsung has been out-designing apple for a while now, the 8 and 8 plus looks dated with their enormous bezels, and the iPhone X with it's Lebron James hairline isn't exactly a thing of beauty either

Meanwhile the Note 8 I'd argue is the best looking phone of all time, it definately looks better than the X

I honestly think the Pixel designs out did the iPhone this year.

apple dropped the ball hard with this shit. it looks like the cheap android chinkphones.

They're tech for people that don't care about tech. They have been coasting on reputation since Jobs died.

>facebook meme pictures
u go gurl!

"Apple" is associated with trendy nouveau-riche city dwellers and artsy """creative""" types.

"Android" is associated with geeks that fap over benchmark scores and third world pajeets that can't afford flagship phones.

As far as aesthetics/overall design are concerned the chinks at Xiaomi and Huawei have been bodying Apple and Samsung all year.

Lmao

corny

androids make you look like a broke boy on snap

this is true

iphone 6 is $200

you can facetime hoes if you're broke now

>i need to look rich while sending dog filter pics to cute boys I want to blow
ishygddt

I don't know, when I see an iphone i don't really think anything of it (at least since the 6 came out, 4 and 5 were real head turners). They've been iterating on the same design since the 6 came out and other companies have surpassed them in terms of industrial design. I saw someone using a Note 8 while I was out a couple weeks ago and I literally did a double take, the design is borderline perfect (at least aesthetically). No phone has made me stare like that since I first saw an iphone 4. It's cool that they're trying to do the full screen thing with the iphone X but it just doesn't look that good. I've seen a few in person and they just look clunky and toyish for some reason. I think it's because the screen corners have a larger radius than most other phones that have done the round corner thing and the side bezels are so thick compared to the note. It just looks kind of goofy. Apple definitely has status, but if they were some start up coming out with the same phone designs they have for the past couple years nobody would really take much notice.

there's a reason why those android memes exist, apple is better lol

LG V30 master race.

Sucks not having the best audio/video quality on them apple craphones.

The iPhone hasn't looked good since the 5 series. The jet black iPhone 7 is arguably better imo but it has a retarded camera hump on the back. The Galaxy S8 and the Note 8 in black are way better looking phones than the current iPhone models. The iPhone X design is massive blunder too, so it looks like the Galaxy S9 will still be better aesthetically.

Android is such a fucking nonsensical, ugly operating system.

>that random weather indicator dominating the screen for no reason (just look outside retard)
>two rows of apps separated a random google search bar
>the web browswer is called 'Internet'
>app buttons are a weird, unsatisfying shape
>have to press another button to see the page of all your apps

If most android phones ran iOS, they'd look so much better.

Android is whatever you make it you utter imbecile.

My android looks like this.

the essential phone is almost too solid, heavy fucker

Android phones ship with chrome you moron

android looks however you want it to look, ya brainlet. That's not even default android

I didn't know people this stupid existed, but I guess if they didn't, Apple would go out of bussiness a long time ago.

>goes on /wg/ once

Do you have Nexus phone by any chance? I also got update few hours ago. Also are you Finnish?

listen BRAINLETS, none of you are OS designers, you don't know what looks good, and you SHOULDN'T be trusted with designing your own phone screen.

t. apple customer

DAMN straight

talking tech on a tech illiterate board is like yelling at a wall

Imagine having Tim Cook's dick this far up your ass, and Jony Ive's dick this far down your throat.

Imagine being such a virgin that you care about what phones other people use