Questions about 1461 / "minimalism" look

Hello,

I've decided to make an attempt at becoming Veeky Forums, by starting with the minimalism look, adding maybe a little more color all around. While I do have dark red hair I do not think the dark colors give me a extra pale look, but instead make my hair stand out which I think is good. Primarily wearing the black jeans / grey trousers. For shirts while it is winter I will stick with knits alone or over shirts, as I already have some decent knits.

I have three primary questions:

Where should I look for some grey, wool trousers?
These look good (i think) but only come in 32 length.
jcrew.com/p/mens_category/pants/ludlowclassic/ludlow-classicfit-pant-in-fourseason-wool/H0270?color_name=classic-grey

With the mono 1461, are the best ideal pant colors black and grey? Does olive work? I think not but am unsure.

And most importantly, where and how should I find a winter coat?
I like the look of this:
uniqlo.com/us/en/men-wool-cashmere-chesterfield-coat-400518.html?dwvar_400518_color=COL09&cgid=men-outerwear-and-blazers#start=50&cgid=men-outerwear-and-blazers

Is that acceptable? I have never had a long coat and as I still a student I wonder is the length awkward with a backpack?

Are there other, shorter wool coats (or something else) that would be a good option?

Thank you for your assistance.

Other urls found in this thread:

solovairdirect.com/collections/solovair-shoes/products/solovair-3-eye-gibson-in-black-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are the mono 1461s the best in their class? How do they compare to say, Solovair gibsons?

solovairdirect.com/collections/solovair-shoes/products/solovair-3-eye-gibson-in-black-1

solovairs are better leather, shape is slightly different, whatever you prefer on that note (monos are a bit sleeker)

Visually quite similar, but the 1461 has potentially slight lower quality of construction, and a clunkier toe.

However the solovair is almost twice as expensive and the leather does not seem to be significantly better.

Docs are still good shoes, welted construction, etc.

how can you have questions about dressing minimalist? god damn brainlet

I've never worn 1461s but I did think my pair of Solovair gibsons were a bit chunky... I had to sell them because I got the size wrong and they don't take returns.

I'll have to give 1461s a try as I also like this look.

Sorry if you’ve been offended. I use the term ‘minimalism’ as a placeholder description of my starting point, referencing the info graph above. I had hoped that my questions were specific enough to move past the topic of the ‘minimalism’ label.

OP look at brands like APC as inspiration, they have lookbooks on their sites.

That Uniqlo coat is fine, it's probably the best you can do at that price point.

you're literally following a shopping list and still don't know what to do

go read some articles and look up minimalism in other mediums of design i.e architecture or you're never going to look good

get postman 101 instead, super nice shoe

Thanks, I assume long coats like that are comfortable enough with backpacks?

Again, I only want to use the “shopping list as a place to start. If it wasn’t clear, my questions are more to do with specific items of clothing, pant/coat recommendations.

I don't think they look anywhere near as good as the 1461 mono imho

hey op, the chart you posted is very good. for trousers or clothes in general i recommend cos, or acne studios if you can/want to afford it.

personally i wouldn't wear anything other than black or grey pants but that's my preference.

for coats, uniqlo is fine and again i'd recommend cos, they have very nice coats. you can also find nice goats by acne/apc/our legacy on grailed etc. coat length isn't awkward at all with a backpack, provided the colours fit together.

Get Dr Martens Archie's. Beautiful, minimal and made in England.

bumping for interest. any inspo pics available?

Thanks, especially for the cos recommendation. I will be definitely trying out some of their trousers as well as coats.

Another concern I had was wearing to similar stuff all the time. But I suppose if it looks good one day, it will look good all days. And currently I wear the same stuff often, it is just shit.

Cheers.

oh hey an infograph from 2012

minimalism isn't fashionable anymore btw

Holy fuck this image is cringe. Fuck off back to your containment board /pol/fag.

Whoever made that must be one jealous sack of shit

> its a pigfuck wants to be sam hyde episode
hmm

fuck off faggot New Balance are the most chad shoe you can wear

They aren’t chad. They’re just ugly. Whenever I see someone in new balance I already know they’re slovenly.

wtc chelseas like them?

What watch is that?

>tfw this infographic describes you almost word for word

WEEEEEEWWW

boy that picture really hit a nerve on you faggots

It's the same logic as a horoscope. Throw out as much vague but somewhat stereotypical factoids about someone on this board and make them feel guilty because they recognise having done 1/5th of it before.

Junghans Max Bill

>minimalism isn't fashionable anymore btw

>posts a cringy ass image probably made by a /pol/ neckbeard fedora-wearing piece of shit
>implying following trends is automatically Veeky Forums

how pathetic

Kinda regretted getting the 1461 orleans (shaped a little sharper than standard 1461) instead of the 1461 mono. Bought them recently too :(

you'll change your mind, monos are nicer

reading comprehension

Thanks

Normie-minimalism is extremely shitty as a style. If you wear plain basics in the first place, reducing your color combinations make already boring fits into something truely unremarkable.
Want to wear all black? Go full CdG or Yohji. Monochrome fits only work, if you actually wear quality and interesting pieces in it.

It's all about the drape. With the monochrome black you need to focus on silhouette.

is this reddit?

wow this picture is rustling some jimmies

boring silhouette too tight