IS Veeky Forums DYING??

IS Veeky Forums DYING??
I have never seen it move SOO slow...
Also, its lamer than EVER....no offense to those that keep this board up...THANKS 2 U :)

WTF HAPPENED THO??
JW
PLS EXPLAIN

Other urls found in this thread:

fashionweekonline.com/fashion-week-dates
fashionweekonline.com/new-york/schedule
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because everyone that posts on this board is just a bunch of Middle Class edgy teens that think it's cool to shit on each other while secretly saving their WDYWT fits for inspo. There's no constructive feedback that makes it even enjoyable to post. I haven't been on here for weeks to months but I just keep seeing the same tired old threads being posted over and over. I've honestly just moved to a different fashion forum, hell I hate to say this but even r/MFA is better (although not too much, that board has problems of it's own).

Damn...So its as bad as it looks.
I have only been back for 2 days but hell...I used to enjoy this board

I am actually sad. this used to be a board where you could get/give helpful advice ....
(OP)
what board did you move to?

I've only been coming here for a few months. I'd lurk years ago but only got into Veeky Forums recently.
Today in particular was the worst I've seen it. No threads got bumped it was barren.
I just spent the time learning board culture and I think it's actually dead.
The last week has been worse than before by far.

This place is fucking dead. This place was held up for a long time on the back of some good ass trips, but the edgy newfags thought they'd just harass and fuck with them on every forum they were apart of. They all left.

>Because everyone that posts on this board is just a bunch of Middle Class edgy teens that think it's cool to shit on each other while secretly saving their WDYWT fits for inspo

The inspo threads can be cool but beyond that it's a lot of teens/early collegiates trying to one up each other with shit posts.

To be fair fa is a pretty normie board and weekends slow it down a lot. Most actually fashionable people wouldnt be caught dead here anways but on the weekends peopel with no social lives end up here and they usually arent effay so

Are there any fashion boards we can use instead? I generally got really interested and then it ... died. I wouldn't know where to look. Also I don't know if I can use a website where no one will understand my Veeky Forums lingo.

i think the biggest issue is there's not enough actual Veeky Forums users to drown out the /pol/ and Veeky Forums shitposters so it just ends up seeming like half the board hates fashion anyway. there's maybe 5 good waywt posters still, the comfycore and thinspo threads still get along fine, but other than that you might as well be posting on /b/

ok so maybe there is hope?

This is why I ditched to lurk MFA.

>Hurrrr durrrrr Leddit

At least the fashion boards there have mods.

I wish there was a design general that was used l. Also it may just be me but the edgey goof fashion from 201x until 2016 was much better, funner and interesting. The standard look is so safe and boring now.

waywt here have always been kinda silly...but if the board is interesting and helpful...people come around...at least they used to

i cant get down with mfa. honestly i think theyre just too nice and accepting. it breeds quirky, different-for-the-sake-of-it type of garbage. it really just reeks of the type of fashion interest that i can't stand.

/mf is still pretty good. people bellyache about how it used to be better (back when there was 2 fits posted a day lol) but aside from a few meme posters (mostly techwear idiots) the garbage gets downvoted and doesnt come back.

Anyone else get the strange feeling there's less than 20 users on some boards. I don't mean slow boards like travel either Veeky Forums is supposedly the Reddit alternative but on certain boards you see the same 6 anons. It's slightly unnerving.

this board is in its death throes and a lot of the reason for that is the waywt being so fucking shitty. the only good fits are from guys who just post here as an afterthought anyway.

too nice and accepting? maybe you've been on this site too long...

cmon dude a chubby asian manlet in a suit is basically the face of that board, you cant tell me thats a good look for a fashion community.

I am pretty sure there are approx. 6 posting on Veeky Forums atm

It's not even that it's shit. Shitty different stuff is alright sometimes but it's all the same fit. One fit will get a 3/10 and another a 9/10 even though it's the same process and style. Why does noone dress like the inspo pics they post . It needs variation.

I unironically moved to lookism dot net. It’s got the playful banter of Veeky Forums. Minus the blatant and sometimes forced edgy nigger racism but sticks with the We Wuz Kangz mock model.

Although lookism focuses on LOOKS only it’s accepted as a fashion outlet as well, what compliments what body type etc. The place is super fucking rare too i am too scared to make an account as i’m lurking for now but it’s hilarious.

It doesn’t even appear on the google pages it’s like the best underground clique. I think it could use some Veeky Forums traffic and we should make forums cool again in 2018

oh did sieg move over and take over mfa?

>face of the board
Top of WAYWT != face of the board.

By that logic the pic of Trunks buying milk would be the face of Veeky Forums.

because the mobile site is assfucked. you can't even post at all from your phone any more. it just keeps loading half the page and crashing then reloading. it started happening right before New Year's Eve. I think their code is all fucked up or something. Because when pages take eons to load or they are crashing its something to do with isp or dsn or some thing like that, it's getting overloaded with trying to resolve isps, it's happening on allt he boards.

today was fucking terrible

What do you guys think of the current trendy style on Veeky Forums, the high waisted trousers, tucked in t-shirt and a jacket (>not le bomber even though we all wore one two years ago it's ugly) that every other waywt features? Is it better than old fa or is the linear progress a downgrade?

ha just looked at it for 2 sec and it already looks more interesting than this catalog...is it a MALE only site?

lookism is literally /r/incels but somehow worse i dont know what enjoyment you could possibly derive from that site
he's consistently upvoted and clearly well regarded.

well damn this would explain it...at least the lack of traffic

I dont FUCKING know what it is lmfao. Just from the weeks i’ve been lurking i’ll tell you it’s not heavily modded so sometimes users just make random thread sprees and they are pribably on some asperger pill which makes it even funnier because they wont remember posting the shit the next day.

It’s like extreme incel to the point of making sense. They don’t hate girls and that whole topic of male vs female is HARDLY mentioned on it. It’s usually jokes about mental masturbating of accuiring godlike cheekbones.

It’s so charming though the place. They have a bit of god complex and i think they secretly like the site being so deep as they are a bit weary of new comers and will call you out. But thats just like Veeky Forums baby.

Lookism is the NEW FA

I don't know I'm phone posting now on an old android maybe it's a iPhone thing. most waywt pictures are taken on a phone so I'd assume posted on one

Is the linear progress a downgrade? your oxymoron shit is fkn with my buzz

What if your quite ugly in the face. Veeky Forumsis about the clothes baby. Well I'd rather talk about clothes than my genetic shortcomings

Ok is the evolution of Veeky Forumss style better looking or worse than before

Remember! You can definetly talk about clothes there AND the users aren’t all super hot faces they are just a group trying to GET super hot faces. So you definetly don’t have to be attractive.

Although if you have caveman genes are you post pics they will drool over you lmao. They also hate ethnic people because the ethnics and arabs get free gene lottery as it’s a generally good looking race by their standard.

They will take you in if you’re ugly in the face i promise, they will even help you un-ugly it

I usually don't browse until after 10pm PST, and I'm literally one of maybe 2 or 3 people. Sometimes I'm the only one posting. If I get home really late, it gets busier for a minute cuz Europe/UK starts waking up.

I think a lot of our more rational posters are from those time zones and East Coast. And we're a normie board where most adult posters work/study, so we get waves of legit posting followed by silence.

I'm a phoneposter, and I don't have this problem.

W-whats the address user

i browse fa in the morning when i take a shit and maybe post a fit and check in maybe once or twice during the day when im bored but i do feel like im talking to the wall sometimes here which is understandable because of what you said about it being a normie board

I am only able to post when I get home to my pc, it's been like this for a week or so. it's literally only the Veeky Forums site and its pages.

hah they don't hate girls...that's a step up

lookism dot net

;) remember to lurk around. bask in their retardation to fully assimilate yourself. they believe in plastic surgery and they think with certain exercises you can “Looksmax” which means have every part of your face beautifully aesthetic + body.

WARNING THOUGH you could get sucked in, hardcore. Some users say their lives are ruined bc lookism made them question shit that happens in public, or everytime they pass a mirror they obsess. Lookism is truly everywhere, the redpill is not realizing that - it’s accommodating for it. Being handsome is a key asset in life and it’s easier to obtain than you think

fa style isn't on a linear spectrum...if you know what I mean...its mostly relating to people that come and go...more of a roller coaster from what I have seen........tho as I mentioned this is the lowest in relation to #s and quality of posts

that's how Veeky Forums was several years back...got sucked in don't even know how...I genuinely hope it bounces baCK

The last number of my post is the objective rating of current Veeky Forums out of 10

9/10? I don't think so. Seriously though RATE FA at this moment, compared to its best.

2.5/10

Just browsed the catalog. You're right.

jesus there is actually a lighter thread!? is that a constant?

what fashion forum you moved to? r/mfa?

I also stopped posting in thinspo because I was getting mortified by some of the comms and pics, trolls keep posting these fucked i[ pics and the grossest comms, saying "glad I just took a huge _____" feels good", like just dont post that please, but it just makes me think there is some disgusting child who posting. and I dont want to be around that level of consciousness. same with people posting entire threads with closeups of their disgusting face, and hygiene issues, why post that? even if you are trolling, it;s enough to make you puke. the level of consciousness it takes to post shit like that, is so grotesque that it is enough to make me stop coming to the board. you can only hide and filter so many threads.

>consciousness
I do not think it means what you think it means

I'm the guy who makes these Monday stands for Magazine threads. Does anyone from this thread like them or...?

>not using mimi

Also think that's why I started making lunarcore threads back in the summer when I came back to this godforsaken hellhole after leaving in 2014

Now lunarcore threads are one of the few interesting threads on this board since most threads in general aren't very fun or original or it's the same 5 threads and they're all boring question "is X Y Z effay?" Threads

Fa didn't used to be so unconfident and nervous and put too much stock in is this or that effay, just a lot of shitposting and idea swapping and cool fits and new "cores" every few months

Nowadays I feel like I'm browsing a bullied nerds board where everyone is so nervous about stepping outside the box or thinking for themselves that they practically ask if they can breathe a certain way or is it not "effay"?

It's weird

I like milspo, and I like lunarcore, and sometimes certain genres of streetwear

So that's what I make/design/doodle/post/ and wear, and try to swap ideas and get inspiration from others or pics

I don't ask if this or that's effay, I don't have the time and energy to care that much about anons opinions on something I really like.
If others like it great, if not that's fine, but I'm not gonna change my interests to suit a collective nervous poodle of a fashion community on a Laotian battery farm forum

If that was the case id never get to enjoy anything and this board would be a farce

They're great user, they incentivise to broaden your perspective on fashion as a whole and maybe get one or two people to expand their knowledge. I think they're great for keeping the board healthy even though they only get few comments.

What are some good fashion forums other than Veeky Forums?

They're great, keep doing them.

Also someone make a Fashion Week thread soon so we can watch the live stream together.
Veeky Forums needs better mods and a ban on these "Is x effay" threads

fashionweekonline.com/fashion-week-dates
Which one?

You should make a thread one week before, to prep what shows we want to see together. Hopefully the fashion week threads will have discussion, not image dumps and three word statements.

do you post your designs/doodles/fits...hope the bully nerds don't keep you from doing so.

I'm guessing this board is self-destructing (slowly but surely) mainly BC the shitposting & bullying is keeping civil/decent people from posting...oh and the overall originality and knowledge (or lack thereof) relating to fashion

sad thing is those bullies are just projecting their insecurities onto those that actually have the balls to post their fits, ideas, knowledge, opinion, etc.

so in the end...its just couple of lonely nerds trolling each other, and that's no fun not even for them...

I think Veeky Forums lost like a quarter of it’s user base or something. Veeky Forums, /toy/ and Veeky Forums have been incredibly slow for like 2 weeks

Yes. I'm in.
(But NOT IT)

NYFW

Keep them up please friendo
I honestly wish you could be a moderator on this board we need more content and behavior in that direction

I don't think there are any live streams scheduled yet...but here's the NYFW sched
fashionweekonline.com/new-york/schedule

I know Raf Simons gets thrown around a lot here, to the point people don't really know what he means.
But that's the one show (Feb 7) we have to see, at the very least.

Hell (technically) show twice...for his menswear label first...then for Calvin Klein (woman's) on the 13th

Anyways I def like the consolidation of the men's and women's FW...I hope they continue to do that in the future

everyone started talking like you, that's WTF HAPPENED THO you fuckin tool

really THO? really?
....what a try-hard

actually that started in 2013
go look at the archives, namefags started doing it to stand out then it caught on like wildfire

now people just do it because they're 15 though

mfa is weird because its not a fashion forum - most guys are there to learn how to dress well (i.e. not gamer t shirts and sweatpants). So after they learn that well fitting oxford tees and jeans look nice they stop discussing.

they just want a "timeless" style

not may people there care about fashon and indeed it's often met with confusion e.g. uniqlo uu 2018 wide pants got hated on because it doesn't follow the rules

Is anyone irritated at these celeb "designers" capping off "their" runway shows, acting like they actually designed those clothes?

Personally, its a disgrace....esp. to the designers who slave away, through blood, tears, sweat, and don't get the opportunities they deserve...(or credit in this case)

Also, in my humble opinion, Fenty didn't deserve to be in fashion week...sorry Riri

I'm pretty sure people just don't give a fuck, why bother making the effort to have perfect grammar on a board like this? I have enough of that shit for work and school

What the fuck is Fenty? Why does that coat look so shit?
What have i missed?!

I'm definitely doing a thread on Feb 7th for Raf Simmons' show, i may do one in January for NYFW but I think more people + newcomers will like to join in on the first board-wide Raf Simmons show.

> first board wide raf simons show
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
boy you would have loved 2013 Veeky Forums

In general, how many people work on a collection and don't get credit?

Fenty X Puma is some raggedy ass line riri "designed" and has been gracing our FW runways since 2016 (or longer)...
again...a ghetto disgrace to those who actually work their asses off in this industry

I guess at least they are getting experience, paying their dues, and building a resume, AT LEAST...

The shittiest thing is bitch didn't lift 1 finger and is taking ALL the credit! considers herself "the designer"

I am starting to realize why most of the people in this industry are so bitchy...

>again...a ghetto disgrace to those who actually work their asses off in this industry
are you for fucking real?
have you actually read any of the press that line got?
cause she has been praised like fucking crazy considering it seems like yet another "pop start tries to be fashion designer" and that is saying a fucking lot cause that kinda shit happens all the time these days and basically everyone gets shat on
also shut the fuck up about being upset over other people you sound like a huge SJW turd

Every time Veeky Forums gets mentioned by anytime by the media an influx of idiots come in driving out the core of the older posters and they refuse to integrate. Instead of your fit is shit here's why, its your fit is shit lol

Have you looked at the runway shows?
See, I am the kind of person that builds my own opinion based on what I see and not what I read online.....most likely, the ONLY reason shit was praised is bc Anna Wintour LOVES Rhiana...need I say more?

and bitch ill be upset over whatever the fuck I want

If anything you just sound like the kinda faggot that hates on it just because it's such an easy target
And you seem to form more than opinions
> ghetto disgrace to those who actually work their asses off in this industry
For one, do you have any actual clue what fashion deisgn process even is? Or how different designers approach their work?
Do you have a single fact to back up that she doesn't design things herself nor work for the shows?
Protip: being upset or having a feeling is not any kind of legitimate proof

Like out of absolutely EVERYTHING pushed these days in fashion, from rising streetwear labels and new designers getting shows, you pick the one that has celebrity designer and big sportswear company behind it's name. You do understand how easy it is to shit on something like that from the ivory tower of "high fashion" whatever the fuck that is, yet the general fashion press disagrees with you.
You can have your opinions about things but showing this as some sorta disgrace, you just seem like a clueless tool.

Oh and may I quote you
>sad thing is those bullies are just projecting their insecurities onto those that actually have the balls to post their fits, ideas, knowledge, opinion, etc.

>a ghetto disgrace to those who actually work their asses off in this industry

were you talking about yourself in the first sentence maybe?

tldr

im not bullying anyone...just stating an opinion...YOU are the one thats getting your panties in a twist over my personal (humble) opinion

>general fashion press
How much worth is their opinion really.

Is p=poet=pseudo intellectual

>disgrace to those who actually work their asses off in this industry
>Is anyone irritated at these celeb "designers" capping off "their" runway shows, acting like they actually designed those clothes?
""""opinions"""""
you don't know a single thing about how much she works for the collections, you are just shooting fish in the barrel
What a controversial and original view to shit on something hugely popular with big brand name behind it, and even seeking validation if anyone else hates popular thing
And on thread about Veeky Forums dying, o I am laffin, maybe try being constructive and bring your positive energy to the board instead of being condescending cunt, that's my opinion.

If I have to choose between Veeky Forums or the fashion press, the choice is pretty clear. And I mean I don't even like the puma x fenty shit, don't think she even does mens clothing does she? Not really in my radar in that sense.
But still I feel like there is lot of originality to it which most these kinda 'celebrity fashion' things lack and there is no denying the line has struck the consciousness of the majority considering how popular it is. And despite what Veeky Forums for the most part wants to believe, being popular is not inherently bad thing. You need popularity to stay a float as a brand.
And fashion is dialogue between the designers, critics and the end users, well received press shows might not be popular, popular shows might not be press favorites, any kinda reception probably guides the designer to some degree, if only unconsciously.

lol I see what you're doing..nice try...and speaking of "energy" - your negativity - is exactly why people leave this board and don't want to contribute shit. trolling at its absolute worst...at least be funny, as opposed to just trying to get a rise out of someone.

no

Jews caused this

>your negativity
I'm just calling you out on your total unbiased horseshit, see it how you will.
And if anything I'm trying to get discussion going, you know, about fashion, but I guess it's just lot easier to shit on everything and call people who disagree trolls.

idk I think the popularity of Fenty stems directly from Rhianas name and positive fashion reviews...not necessarily that its original or good...idk I'm obviously very biased against it...but people can buy and like whatever they want...even If its likely bc they're being told to buy it and like it

I don't think she does men's but I'm sure she will soon enough

YOURE trying to get a discussion about fashion going? funny bc it came off as a direct attack at what I said....if that's your idea of starting a discussion then damn....
this is starting a discussion:
Not:
Also...I am definately BIASED thats been beyond clear since the very first mention of Fenty

Oh
I think it doesn't
I think people buy it cause they like it, not because they're told to like it
See, nobody fucking cares about your opinions unless you actually go your way to explain your view and why you see it that way.
One would think this kinda dumb shit wouldn't fly on thread about complaining on Veeky Forums dying but I guess it's rookie mistake

>attack at what I said
*at how you said it
You didn't SAY shit that's the issue, I can write posts to this thread about what a cockgobbling faggot you are until it dies but if I have fuck all other to give, it's kinda worthless. Now if I provide photographic evidence and eye witness reports, it gets interesting.

>But still I feel like there is lot of originality to it which most these kinda 'celebrity fashion' things lack
Can you elaborate?

anyways...nice work Mr. Killjoy...you have succeeded..IM OUT
Also...
you're not here to discuss, you're here to argue

bunch of miserable virgin fucks, I remember why I left this shithole 4 years ago

goodbye...rot in your filth

It's hard to pinpoint her influences, other than the athileisure lifestyle in general, which I guess might come just from doing the whole thing with Puma, Yeezy is probably the easiest and most relevant comparison and you can immediately tell the things Kanye is copying and in a way, what he is doing is something that's just been the popular thing for a while anyway. Could easily just be unfamiliarity with womens fashion of the past but that's the thing that really struck me when I saw the first collection. Maybe bit of Alexander Wang and early Vetements in it if I'd have to take a shot at what she does but it's still interesting in it's own merit.
>you're not here to discuss, you're here to argue
Nah, I just call out dumb shit when I see it, you think it's 'arguing' cause you take it so personally, it's anonymous imageboard, no one is forcing you to reply or read anything.
geez what a dramaqueen

>tfw RiRi will never lick my PiPi
Can we get back to discussing how to improve the board instead of actively proving why it's doomed?

Ya just check out lunarcore threads I usually post something in there

can confirm a similar issue for me on macbook + safari (inb4 pleb)

real style is gone
the only thing left is brand fanboyism and cringe reacts
at least people show some brains shitting on hideous stuff like triple s, or the supreme Loui colab

That's pretty rich considering you can basically pinpoint the moment this board went to absolute shit is when phoneposting became more common