New or Up and Coming Designers

Any fresh designers/labels you're stoked on or expect good things from?

Anything from avante-garde to streetwear is fair game, along with veterans who are finally getting recognition.

(Pic related is Hed Mayner. Only a handful of seasons under his belt. He says he's influenced by traditional jewish tailoring, but a lot of his runway concepts and silhouettes seem really Rick influenced but with a desert palette.)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/171934865
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really wanted these, but they sold out

Where can you check out new designers?

A lot of designers get exposure from major fashion weeks.
(Paris/NYC/London) So those are good times to check out basic fashion news sources for write ups and reviews.

Also most shows end up in FF channel on YouTube, but they post so much content that it's actually hard to sift through.

WE DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREETWEAR ON Veeky Forums

I wonder: how many new designers are there every year and how long does their career last? Don't most fashion design graduates end up working for already established designers?

>ignoring the streetwear threads that are frequently posted and replied to

Designer: Anton Lisin

This fella right here is one of my favorites, finding a balance between Russia's orthodox culture and street-wear.

I was just making fun of fa bro it’s all good.

love hed mayner, but has always been out of my range.
found a $1k+ coat at buffalo exchange for $50

Kuon Tokyo

Basically Kapital but more streamlined and less experimental, mainly focused on natural dyes and boro patchwork. I like the subtle execution of boro (e.g. pic related) but it is a pretty niche brand. They have a multicolor patchwork cardigan which is easily a Grail status item for me

Suket Dhir

Contemporary Indian menswear. Stumbled upon him by accident, fabrics and prints look really neat. Somewhat reminds me of Stephan Schneider in terms of use of prints.

Nice. Thanks for contributing. Hope we get more before thread dies.

How do these people become models

Rushemy Botter, last year student at Antwerp Royal Academy. Saw his collection at the show last year and it was pretty intriguing. Influenced by Caribbean lifestyle and pollution in the ocean.

The only jew shit I like is Ralph Lauren and Rick Owens

Why are you still here you literally contribute shit

lol

loser

This is dope! Thanks.
Very thoughtful contribution.

Bumpin this thread, I don't know shit about designers old or new.

literally what is "traditional jewish tailoring"

i see the prices of his clothes and he is def into the traditional jewish but not the tailoring

Who the fuck are you even talking about you fucking retard there are like 5 designers posted in this thread

one is about jewish shit
one is about orhtodoxy shit
one is about indian shit
one is about japan shit
one is about carribian shit

GEE I WONDER WHICH DESIGNER IM TALKING ABOUT WITH TRADITIONAL JEWISH TAILORING

HMMMMM

OP here. I was actually shocked that I was able to use the word "Jewish" without instant backlash. I could honestly give a fuck about Judaism or Israel.

Can we collectively ignore this guy so the thread isn't derailed?

i am literally asking what the designer is referencing when he says traditional jewish tailoring

damn, does no one actually know? do you just just fawn over designers without doing any research to see if they are feeding you bullshit?

pleb thread, i can see your appreciation for design is so shallow

You're reading skills suck. My original post basically says that I see more of a Rick Owens influence than any Jewish influence. Any traditional inspiration seems more regional and not specifically Jewish.

>The only jew shit I like is Ralph Lauren and Rick Owens
This was your attempt at discussing design...

I hate to be that guy, but you could probably find a pair of pants just like that at a thrift store. Especially if you're not afraid to tailor and bring the bottom of the pants up (which is super easy on a machine)
Are you familiar with Kiriko Made? Not really in line with the rest of this thread, but they make a lot of boro stuff and are pretty good.

Wish I had some actual designers to contribute, but this is a good thread so far. Thanks op and everyone else

so you dont know if it has any jewish tailoring or not

should have just said that instead of whatever bullshit you just typed

This is pretty sad. Universities let out hundreds of design students each year worldwide. One or two start their own brand with either financial help or connections. Ten end up working for major designers thanks to connections. Most end up at shit lile Zara or H&M. And even more end up jobless and in debt.

Well that's the risk you take with artistic courses. Gotta have some talent to begin with or at least put in lot of work to be noticed otherwise you will not make it. Or you can be a hack like Virgil Abloh or Heron Preston

Models have to look unique, not necessarily attractive

Siki Im made som pretty cool shitt, same sorta desert vibe but less crazy on the proportions

Siki isn’t new

TOBIAS BIRK NIELSEN SS17 – UNIFORM OF GREAT HOPE

master from KADK
built apon a post apocalyptic scenario

vimeo.com/171934865

>show bob
>i sho benis and you can suket dear ;)

W2C that scarf?

Heliot Emil

one stroke Tokyo pretty new nice stuff good price point. Got a pair of pleated pants with raw denim on the back

Collection was somewhat refreshing, but I can not say I loved the shortfilm,
it did not evoke any sort of emotion from me

>Or you can be a hack like Virgil Abloh or Heron Preston
Hack or no hack, in the end they made it into bussiness. But you are right, rivaly in artistic jobs (fine arts don't apply) is insane, people literally will stab each other to get through. Even in stock market working atmosphere is less toxic.
>t. worked in textiles for two years

Kanghyuk with his airbag memes

>thrift store
Probably right, but I haven't seen any

faustine steinmetz is p good

Pre-order from his instagram, he doesn't have a site yet.

I think I’ve seen their denim posted up before. Neat but a bit too flashy for my tastes. Their current line of button up shirts and patterns look good tho, and i’m seeing some old images of patch sweaters. Not bad if i were based in the US.

Back on topic

The Essay

Small label which does the whole Japanese oversized schtick along the lines of My beautiful landlet and Yantor. Pretty difficult to google but stocked in a few jap stores, instagram seems to be sort of reliable to see items (#theessay). Their high waisted tapered trousers look really good imo. Definitely not for everyone though

Bump