Veeky Forums names

Since this is the official board for self-obsession, paper-thin identities, and delinquent narcissism, let's have a name thread.

Do you go by a nickname?
Have you thought about changing your name?
How do you get a new name (or a new form of your name) to catch on with other people?

My middle name is James, but I'm concerned people will start calling me Jim if I go by James.

>Since this is the official board for self-obsession, paper-thin identities, and delinquent narcissism…

NO, IT IS NOT.

APPARENTLY, YOU ARE NEW TO THIS BOARD, THEREFORE, I ADVISE YOU TO COME TO KNOW THE BOARDCULTURE, INTEGRATE TO IT, AND IMPROVE IT, RATHER THAN ATTEMPTING TO PROJECT YOUR IGNORANT PREJUDICES, AND INCITING UGLY BEHAVIOURS.

A tripfag who doesn't like narcissism. How about that?

Kek

My Christian name is Edward but people call me Eddie. I've been trying to shake it because it seems immature as a nickname and people assume it's short for Eduardo and they think I'm Hispanic. I'm having trouble getting people to call me Edward.

birth name is Billy and depending on the friendgroup it changes. People who have know me since highschool call me Billy but after that I just started going by Bill.
My family calls me anything remotely related to the name, sometimes William, Wilhelm, Will, Billiam(?). I don't know, it's just any variation.
I'm not a big fan of it honestly. I'd change it to something else but I don't know what else.

My sister and mother are considering changing their last names to Bartley since mom's grandmother had that name and they want to dig into that english aristocracy I guess. They're traitors, there's nothing but pride in carrying my swedish middle class name

my name is marc and it sucks, i get made fun of for it all the time when people find out.

i always thought i had a unique last name to make up for it but i found out that there's an obscure celebrity who shares the same sounding name except it's different spelling.

thought about a name change but then i figured i would just be made out to be a wimp by my peers for not liking my given name.

also since my mom is foreign, she wanted to give me a middle name in her language which doesn't translate well in english so it's incredibly annoying as well when people find out.

My name is Nicholas. Most English speakers shorten it to just Nick or Nicky.
I live in Croatia so as for the people here they call me the normal long way or close friends and family members will call me Nidžo (knee-jo).

My name is Ezekiel, but most everyone who has spoken to me calls me Zeke although I prefer Ezekiel. My family isn't religious either so I have to explain it sometimes.
I've had a few different nicknames, but most were just personal or pet names that only one person would use. All those were terrible.

>what's your name
William
>oh so do you prefer that or will? or bill
every time

Nico
Normies always mention GTA
>NIKOOOO LET'S GO BOWLING
Never been called Nick or Nicholas but my friends call me Coco or Koks, comes from some inside joke we have about cocaïne.

Chris, technically Christopher but I have never gone as that even though it is probably more Veeky Forums to pull off

My name is Angélique. My closest friends call me Angel/Ange or Angie.
Others call me by my full name, which I prefer.

Tengo siete hummers
Una arriba de la otra

As a slav my name sounds russian like.
My actually name is Łukasz but everybody call me "Luca" actually since i don't look polish.

Constantine. Name is pretty popular in my home country (Russia), but here in Geany it's quite rare.

>My name is Luka

Skad jestes?

My name is a Slavic name, which is popular all around the world. They call me Alicja, with a nickname I prefer not to share.

Alex here
I prefer Alexander and when I meet new people from now on i'm gonna tell them to call me Alexander as I don't want new people to get too friendly too quick as they tend to do when you abbreviate your name.

Previous nicknames have been
> lex
> lexus
> lexy
> al (hate this one)

dank but you're probs a french african nigger

>french african nigger
im half french half dutch
so not a shitskin

My name is Jorge which is not very Veeky Forums at all. People always ask if they can call me George when I introduce myself, but then nobody every actually does it. Some of my family especially the Italians will call me Giorgio sometimes.

My name is nice try faggot

Name Victor
nicknames
Victo
Vic
Vi
V

Que bueno que esa canción esta muertsa, al igual que la carrera de ese vato

Patrick is literally patrician so im good
but idgaf what people call me, I don't like pat that much but what can you do, I guess it's growing on me

my name is stefan, and i'm yet to meet another person irl also called stefan so im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing

Name: Fabrizio
Nicknames:
-Fabri
-Fa

Spanish speakers pronounce it as "Fabrisio/Fabricio"
English speakers: Fabriciouu
Real pronunciation: "Fabritzio", it's a Italian name for gods sake.

> tfw having Italian name but not being italian (I'm Peruvian)

>rs pronounce it as "Fabrisi
my friend has an italian last name and he can't go a single day without people being like "WOooah thats hard to pronounce, let me try, mangy-- mangera-- man- HA HA how is it spelled, how do you pronounce it? I'll never remember that lol"

I remember him complaining about it and I thought, it's probably not that bad, but since I've known him I've had to hear it maybe like 15 times every time someone asks his last name.

>Rónán
hate it desu, want to change it

Thank god my name is Mark and not Marc.

>all these shitty foreign names
My name is Matthew.

Janne [ˈjɑnːe], masculine finnish name. I get my parcels sent to me from other countries adressed as ms. Jane.

Louise, probably the least interesting name here. I get called lou by friends.

Ryan

>Possible children names:
Guy
Emmanuel
Arthur

My parents named me Lolita....

ay Lou is a cute nickname

>foreign

Burgertard detected.

Also, are you implying that you believe the name "Matthew" is native to USA? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

such a nice name, too bad everyone immediately thinks of Nabokov

>i live on the second floor

Aleksey reporting for duty. Everyone calls me Alex.

I’m English and, yes, ‘Matthew’ is the native English form of the Hebrew ‘Mattayahu’. I’m sorry that you have an inferiority complex about your shitty foreign name.

Says the corn-eating red indian

I go by TJ, my name is Thomas

I would much rather be a Thomas. I'm not sure how to go about doing that, though.

I'll feel like walt jr in breaking bad when he insists on being called flynn. just the thought of having to say "actually i'd rather be called blank" makes me cringe. let alone having to do that dozens of times over with close friends/family, it shatters my will to be myself

My name is Spyridon Leontios but I go by Leo or other variations of my first or middle name

>tfw Johann
>people often call me by my last name
I'd rather they just use my first name or something shorter like Joe for my anglo friends; they always butcher my name anyway.

I know a Nico/Nikolai. He's a walking stereotype - Big time coke dealer who works at his papa's pizza shop during the day.

My name is Bethaney, which I've had a lot of problems with being mis-spelled on my government documents.
People default to calling me 'Beth' which is the most white trash name ever, so I started going by 'Annie' about 9-10 years ago; Just have to explain it as "Beth-Annie. Geddit?"

My name is jack. People call me Jackie chan all the time. No clue why, i’m not even Asian and I don’t know martial arts.

Alexandre

Caleb. No nicknames, just Caleb. Unsure how I feel about it honestly.

Depends on who you are. Caleb could either be a cool respectable dude or an annoying mid 00s teenager from suburbia.

I hope you're not a stoner or a skater, user.

Despite it being a quite common one, I like my name.
>do you go by a nickname?
My Engish mates just call me Pete or Peter. Nothing fancy there.
My family mostly calls me Peti, Petya or Petyus/Petyuska. My friends use a nickname completely unrelated to my name though (and it's hard to translate into English anyway

>how do you get a new name (or a new form of your name) to catch on with other people?
Almost everyone asks what I prefer or default to Peter when introductions are made so that's easy. I don't go around changing my preferences so there's no need to "update" people on it.

hunter
often get called hunna
in the past I've been called Red
not bad / 10

Owen, Quite happy with this name desu

But i do like the name Cain

My name is Luca. How is it

James but my Scottish relatives call me Jimmy, also have another friend so all of my friends call me by my surname, girls call me James though

Naja

Pronounced Naija
It's arabic and I hate it desu

> the ja makes it sound less feminine and too harsh

>effay last name
>effay middle name
>..indian cab driver tier first name (im white)

I think he doth protest too much

be named Samuel

>so do you go by sam or samuel
>e-either

Jeremias. Uneffay biblical name but at least it's unique I guess? Honestly every name is fine IMO as long as it sounds nice together with your last name, which mine doesn't but whatever. I'm past hating my name.

strong name.

Working on becoming a cool respectable dude

Im Muhammad

Thats a nice name man. Named after the best prophet

My name is Osmar, I was like 7 when i found another cunt with the same name, I propably know like other 6-7 cunts how are named the same.

No longlasting nicknames derived from my name.

abu?

Alicia? You're a girl?

>half dutch
> There are only two types of people I hate in this world: people that are intolerant of other people's culture, and the DUTCH!

I sympathize with your friend. Explaining capital letters in my last name to anyone writing it sucks. First name is literally my Scottish ancestors mortal enemy which is just fuckin weird.

Diego i like it i couldnt imagine being called something else

is your family religious?
first time seeing someone named Spyridon just like the saint

With j after i. And yes, I am a girl

my name is nick

my nickname is yayo or kit
i wanted my name to be dominic in like 10th grade, and ive never accomplished getting people other than my close friends to call me anything but nick

yayo?
u a cokehead?

My name is Cole
I wish I had a foreign name from my Peruvian and Middle Eastern lineages, Cole sounds childish to me--too soft.

My name's Isaiah, my friends usually just drop the I and call me something that sounds like 'zayuh. Are there any decent Isaiah-based nicknames I could adapt.

My name is Fernando
it's a pretty uncommon name in my town believe it or not.
most common nickname is Fer wich i don't really like. Arround my friends everyone gets a shitty insulting nickname but i was lucky and got "Lil Pump", some other guy got "Big Dick".
I wish i could change it to something slavic like Kolya or Niko but i'm too autistic to go change my name.

Shea, I am a guy but aparently this is the female spelling. When I was younger people always read it like shee-ah but now with the game of thrones character and fucking shea butter people know how to pronounce it.

Not sure how I feel about being known by butter and and a whore though. I like my name for the most part.

I don't take pride in my nationality
I'd like to hear what's wrong with the Dutch though :' (

Also, is Lastra an effay name? I can't tell but a LOT of people call me Lastra instead of Fer.

My name is Gabriel. My family always called me Gabi, my childhood friends Gabo, nowadays people call me Garruncho.

Izzy only one I know of

All these names are dope desu. Just embrace it and get people to pronounce it correctly!!!

Tully, it's a more understandable form of my birth name. I'm Canadian with European decent and my hippie patents gave me a native American name.

Tully. Kek.
>Heyaheyaheyaheya

Well at least its better than the English translation of my birthname which means calm river. Idk how my parents thought it was a good idea

Kyrill itt

Its actually a really cool name man. Dont worry about it i was just kidding when i did the heya thing

Boring ass name pals where we at?

friends call me Matt
people who think they're being funny call me Matthew
ladies usually call me Matty (or daddy)

Fredrick

Ayyy

Caspar

luckily I know no-one else with the same name so it works

My uncle is Gaspar. Huh.

Is Thorne a Veeky Forums last name to have? First name Hendrick.

Hendrick Thorne? Sounds like a character from a shitty teen fiction novel desu

My favourite Harry Potter character

My name is Kyle but that's a child's name so I'd like to start asking people to call me my middle name, Harrison but I don't want to be a prick about it

is Malcolm effay?

Isak
I used to called Ice by some friends