Eye glass general

Where my Eurofags buy their eye glass here in Europe? Any good brand?Is buying Oliver people or Waby parker from US worth it?Suggestion?Discuss here

Other urls found in this thread:

benandfrank.com/collections/optico-hombre/products/parks-optico
cultframes.com/collections/vintage_eyeglass_frames-fairmount
ray-ban.com/usa/mobile/eyeglasses/RX3447V MALE 001-round metal optics-gold/8053672727692?category_Id=404609
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cubitts.

warby parker is comparatively like knock-off oliver peoples

that being said, some of their glasses look okay and they're cheap. i would personally go for oliver peoples instead, however

just find an online retailer with a good return policy and try to figure out how to pick out glasses that fit your face

some other higher end brands to get you started - matsuda, mykita, lindberg, anne et valentin, garrett leight, retrosuperfuture, dita, tom ford, barton perreira, saint laurent

What are some good aviators that aren't crazy expensive? I'm not particularly fond of spending hundreds of dollars on a single pair of sunglasses. I want a pair that aren't way expensive, decent material and not some dollar store plastic tier, and most importantly aren't overly huge and ridiculous looking.

Here is Tom Cruise wearing aviators because thinking you can pull off aviators well is the danger zone.

he's wearing ray ban aviators

they're not that expensive retail, and you can likely find them for a lot less online

if you want something that isn't going to break in a month, they're your next cheapest option

are there any frame other than this that work with really strong prescription lenses.. i'm talking literally legally blind-tier thick.. where you pay like $500 just for the fucking lenses to be as thin as possible and they're still thick.

I tend to just wear contacts as much as I can because super high Rx lenses also have the effect of making your eyes look tiny and weird.

I have these and they're alright, but I'd like something a bit less generic, but not too unconventional. I have a round face and I'm not particularly attractive but not really ugly either.

Probably gonna order some new Moscot frames in a week or so.
Looking at the Frankie to be my backup pair to my Lemtoshs.

I've had some good experiences with Warby Parker, but I have a really narrow face so most of their frames don't fit me, which is too bad. I need a 44 to 45 lense or it's too big.
Moscot is one of the very few that makes them that small for attractive frames

Just get fake/replicas or clearance from Nordstrom Rack/Marshall's. Glasses are overpriced because of Luxottica's monopoly.

the smaller the lens, the thinner it will be. rectangular frames actually increase edge thickness of optical lenses. smaller, round frames will dramatically reduce the thickness of the lenses, however it won't mitigate the minification of the eyes behind the lenses. with the right frames, the minifying effect isn't too noticeable, though. unfortunately, you did say you have a round face, and typically round frames look awkward on round faces, but there are always exceptions.

you shouldn't have to spend $500 on high index lenses, either. there are plenty of reasonably priced, high quality online eyeglass lens services. there's one in particular that i have used multiple times that puts lenses in your own frame. high index 1.74 lenses with anti-glare coating are $169. they're made in the US and the brand of lens is the same as what you'd get at lenscrafters or wherever. just look for the most highly rated company and you'll probably find them

do you know your prescription? i'm a -6.00 with astigmatism correction and my lenses are very thin. i can take a photo of my glasses if you care to see. proper selection of the frame and the optical lens laboratory both go a long way

the lemtosh is a nice frame, but i think i'd prefer the frankie desu

they're not as thick and chunky as the lemtosh, it's a cleaner look

Thanks, I didn't realize that about the frame size affecting the thickness at the edge so much but that makes sense now.

I don't think round frames will work for me, I do like some round styles, but like you say they can look awkward on round faces and I think when I tried a few pairs on with my contacts in, that's how it looked to me, and so I usually always go with rectangular frames.

I'm around -9.50 with astigmatism

I'll have to look into the online lens places. I'm in Canada though, but we do have at least one fairly good online place called Clearly.ca that I buy contacts from, I will have to see what their prices are for prescription glasses.

ah shit, can't help with lenses if you're in Canada, unfortunately

yeah, with that prescription, even a high index 1.74 lens would probably still stick out past the edge of the frame a bit. but you can get them pretty thin, desu, they don't have to be coke bottle lenses. it's almost all in the frame selection. another point, the more centered your eyes are in the frame, the more the thickness will be distributed across the entire lens, rather than just piled on the outer edge.

i'd recommend just taking an afternoon and checking out a couple shops, trying on as many glasses as you can. take photos, write down the brand and model of frames you like that are as round and small as possible. then just go online and pick them up. there are a number of brands who put out rounded, rectangular frames, those styles are probably going to be your best bet.

frankly i would recommend getting lenses online, as long as you can find a quality provider. eye insurance stipulations really fuck the cost of glasses from almost all optical shops, the markup is absolutely absurd. there's no reason to pay that much for something that costs ~$30

for background, i'm an optician and i deal with this sort of stuff five days a week

Protip: If you live close to Mexico, get your lenses there. American opyometrists are fucking jews. I got 2 brand-name frames and lenses for the price of what lenses would have been in LA.

Whats the closest kind of sunnies to these?

some shitty oakley sunglasses from the oughts

Why does it matter though if you are paying with insurance? Call me a wage slave, but I still have 1.5k (insurance money) to spend on any pair of glasses + lenses.

Where do I go to get my eye exam and glasses? Are chains like Nationwide Vision and America's Best okay?

the average american doesn't have that luxury, unfortunately

those places are garbage more often than not

>those places are garbage more often than not
How do I find a decent optometrist with a good selection of frames and decent prices in my area?

Anyone know where I can get some glasses like this, but in gold? thanks

I think I may have talked to you about moscot in the last thread. Are you planning to buy the grey frame?

I had 2 pairs of frankies. Great frame that will fit just about any head shape. Im the exact same with sizing. 44-45 is the sweet spot.

I always cringe when I see people with oversize ill fitting glasses, it looks ridiculous.

Moscot DOV

those look basically like P-3 frames. That frame might be a US only thing, im talking specifically about P-3 since i know they were issued in the army but idk. You might look for those though, I know I used to see the gold ones on ebay when I looked for them probably more than the silver

Yeah, definitely gonna order the Frankie soon. It comes in a 45, which is great. I think I'll just get black, as a neutral backup pair when I need to be more conservative. My Lemtosh frames are in tortoise which I absolutely love, but sometimes plain black is nice and simple.

Seeing all these people with frames that swallow up their eyebrows or goes way beyond their face just makes me ill. Frames shouldn't extend beyond the side of your face, or cover up your eyebrows too much, but these people just think it's trendy to get really big round frames, and know nothing about lense width or any measurements.

Which ones should I keep? I'm leaning against 2d and 3rd from top to bottom

if by any chance youre in Mexico or near the border
benandfrank.com/collections/optico-hombre/products/parks-optico

1st and 4th look hideous.
I refuse to believe anyone under the age of 50 wears those unironically.

1st are exactly the same as these ones

can i see a picture, i've just been prescribed a -6 and want to know if its worth me shelling out on some glasses when i can just wear my contacts

i would also say i have a phobia of small glasses, i like em big

1 and 2

I was thinking getting Oliver peoples, but I’m not sure if my eye glass retail can fit them. I have this tacky ray bans for years and to the point they will disintegrate as my current prescription. My retail firm is America’s best in the US. Do most places accept Oliver peoples to fit prescription lenses? Also should I get them transition lenses as well since I’m mostly outside on my daily activity?

Post a photo or measure the thickness

Go for it.

Been looking at the Gregory Peck 45 RX frames myself. Probably gonna get a pair if I ever get enough money

In Tijuana?

i took some photos of my two current glasses, both sets are roughly a -6.00 sphere and -1.25 cylinder power.

the top two are of an oliver peoples maslon frame with high index 1.67 (thicker) lenses. this is a pretty large pair of glasses, but both the roundness of the corners and the less rectangular, more square shape helps distribute the thickness of the lenses. you can see that they don't stick out past the edge of the plastic eyewire.

the bottom two are of a pair of vintage bada glasses with high index 1.74 lenses (thinner). this frame is much smaller, but the eyewire is significantly thinner as well, given that it's a metal frame. again, the more rounded shape of the lenses allows the thickness of the lenses to be less concentrated on the exterior edges. given the strength of the prescription, the amount of lens protrusion past the eyewire is very minimal. if your prescription is stronger than a -5.00, i'd probably recommend high index 1.74 lenses if you care about lens thickness

my eyes are also pretty well centered in both frames, which will reduce unwanted thickness on the outer edge of the glasses as well.

anyone have an example of glasses like this except oval? what would that style be called?

I think they're just called oval.

Can I get some non retarted clear frame inspo? I'm contemplating getting one but I'm still hesitant.

I ordered olivrrpeoples gregory peck with the front part champagne buff color

Kinda scared to see how they end up. Is quirky still okay?

Pic realted size 47 but slighlt less transluscent front part which was a special edition i thinkn cant find a pic of it exactly. Thots?

OP Gregory Pecks only look good in pictures. I have never liked them irl. Too round. I prefer O'Malleys.

However
>Luxottica

Nice glasses are a good way to get compliments from girls. Id spend the extra $ girls seem to hardly ever say nice pants or cool oxfords

>champagne buff color
saw this color a few times irl but w/ different brands looks really nice to me on pale skin
similar to moscot flesh style. very versatile and neutral, can't go wrong. the tortoise shell temples are a nice touch i had a similar pair and liked them al ot

here's that insecure asshole who made the face rate thread. doesn't look bad one him to bad he's insufferable

It's because they hide ypur ugliness, so they don't throw up when they see you.

Yeah its gonna be a bit less shiny than those in the pic. Good to hear im looking forward to em

the home try on thing is peng but the frames I want are never in stock for it reeeee :^(

WHICH ONE DO I GET

Holy fucked I picked the wrong frames. These do not look good on me. And now I have to deal with it for years

Fuck

I immediately think bottom right but bottom left is also a good choice

how did I do Veeky Forums
note: im a normie

just clockwise my shit up

if you're trying to look as plain and unattractive as possible, you've achieved it

Is this an "amazing atheist" cosplay?

Make sure they do not look like safety goggles when wearing

Yeah, you look like one, and it looks like shit.

that's very flattering lighting for glasses of that style, I have no idea what they would look like in a normal background

where can i get glasses that are similar to this?

R8

>-9.50 with astigmatism
Get the smallest and roundest eyesize frames you can because no matter how cool the frames look the lenses will absolutely and irredeemably spoil the look. It is what it is so don't be stupid! You actually have a functional purpose for small frames so do that. Don't get aviators!!!

Oliver Peoples has a ton of choice for you. Get lasik so you don't die in a house fire.

Riley X is smaller bridge with eyesize options. Similar to Pecks but worth checking out, imho.

Moscot Lemtosh frames are virtually the exact same shape, only their rivet is a triangle, not those dots.
Tart Arnels are the same thing, just a different brand.

There's a lot of speculation about the exact ones James wore, but the Moscots are as close as you're going to get

what glasses for heart shape face?

Try brain or other organ shaped glasses.

Yeah, same, but now after searching a bit I'm starting to feel like clear frames are maybe for super pretty girls who can make literally any pair of glasses look cute no matter how awful they are.

Not seeing many guys wearing them well.. maybe this? idk

This looks pretty cool but it sure as hell won't look the same just walking down the street.

I kind of want these (rimless with no drill mount intruding into the lens). But only one company seems to do them (avantek) and it's basically impossible to find any info about buying them in the UK. They're also trivex only despite cr39 presumably being possible with this kind of frame, and I really want the highest abbe value/optical quality possible.

>rimless

gtfo newfag

I just bought these, they're about 160 from Ray Ban

To me, the best aesthetics a pair of glasses can have is to be as subtle as possible. I don't want to have thick rims blocking significant parts of my periphery and I don't want them to dominate my face. I don't want them to be the most memorable feature of me; I don't want to be described as "that guy with the glasses". I want it to be difficult to even tell from a distance whether I'm wearing any at all. This only becomes a possibility with good rimless frames and anti-reflection coating.

Take a look at Lisa Su (amd ceo). In distant shots, they aren't prominent. In closeups they obviously are, but they aren't overpowering. Now look at Bill Gates. I'd hardly recognise him without those things.

I understand some people can't quite go that route due to stronger prescriptions, and instead own it by choosing stylish frames with a strong presence. That's okay too. But it means accepting them as an identifying feature which I don't think is ideal if you have the choice.

liverpool manager jurgen klopp

honestly though, clear glasses are getting pretty played out

Companies that offer home try-on in the U.S. besides Warby Parker?

Kek you have to be over 18 to be here kid.

cultframes.com/collections/vintage_eyeglass_frames-fairmount
A little digging shows that these frames by Cult Eyewear are supposed to be an exact recreation of what he wore. A bit pricey though, but if youre looking for the same ones, go for it. Otherwise the Moscot Lemtoshs will be just fine

What are these glasses calles ive been looking for a pair since forever

These look perfect

could you link me? I can't seem to find them

identify these for me please, particularly the right

I've tried a pair with this crystal framing on before and they generally look like the lighting around you

so outside they look light and clear like shown but if you're inside with slightly yellow/orangeish artificial light the frames get a tinge of that too (which I don't really mind anyway)

ray-ban.com/usa/mobile/eyeglasses/RX3447V MALE 001-round metal optics-gold/8053672727692?category_Id=404609

There you go bro

w2c these frames in OP?

rapist goggles