/DIY/

Do it yourself/ re-purposing general
cute cate edition
Anything about making your own clothes, customizing and/or tailoring goes here. Talk about your projects. Ask Questions. Share information. Help each other out.

PASTEBIN:
pastebin.com/hnXtzTk7
(if you think the pastebin lacks any information, just ask)
Japanese magazines, just in case you need them
pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

www4.zippyshare.com/v/dWWW4PnW/file.html
showstudio.com/project/design_download_alyx
vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-from-club-to-catwalk-london-fashion-in-the-80s/club-to-catwalk-downloadable-dress-pattern/
blog.pattern-vault.com/2014/05/05/free-designer-pattern-patrick-kelly-one-seam-coat/
archive.org/details/patternmakingforfashiondesign-151012203826-lva1-app6892
vans.com/shop/full-patch-back-long-sleeve-t-shirt-athletic-heather-dress-blues
pastebin.com/cPsW7xue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

www4.zippyshare.com/v/dWWW4PnW/file.html
here is the best of last year, if somebody could make a collage that'd be great
I understand if you don't have the time tho, most of us are at uni and exams are approaching

Generals tend to run out of steam after a while. Let it rest for a couple of days and allow it to catch it's breath.

Reposts:
SHOWstudio released a new sewing pattern.
showstudio.com/project/design_download_alyx
Juliana Sissons The Scarlett Dress
vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-from-club-to-catwalk-london-fashion-in-the-80s/club-to-catwalk-downloadable-dress-pattern/
Patrick Kelly one-seam coat
blog.pattern-vault.com/2014/05/05/free-designer-pattern-patrick-kelly-one-seam-coat/

Was trying to take in a pair of jeans, but it's going to be a pair of shorts for summer. Visiting MoMu tomorrow.

just ordered this dress pattern. super stoked

bmp

What fabric are you going to use?

Cut the legs like a butcher, but I like the look of the uneven length.

I finished the huge jeans backpack I started like 9 months ago
it's super confortable and looks great
I don't have anything to take a picture of it rn, but I'll show you as soon as I can

Hi I have a question. I want to attach a patch to a jacket, but the fabric of the jacket is thin and soft while the patch is very heavy. Could this cause problems later for example when washing clothes?
The difference between the materials makes me think the patch might cause the jacket to tear but I don't know anything about clothes or fabric really so I came here to ask.

Considering a big patch, you may have problems if the stress on the jacket is not well balanced. You might need stitches in the middle of the patch to make the two layers behave as one. Fabric glue may help too.
If it is only a small patch I wouldn't worry too much.
You may have a problem regarding the look or draping if the patch changes the characteristics of the jacket too much, but only a test can show this

Thank you very much! It's a pretty large patch so I will stitch it in the middle too. Thanks again

Does anyone have a pastebin link where I can find scans books/magazines of anything fashion related?

Did you read the OP?
Are you new to this board?

No, I bookmarked the pastebin and assumed it was all sewing related, I’ve been lurking/posting on Veeky Forums since 2010 but only recently (2012-2018) been taking fashion seriously and really learning about it, and it’s now an obsession of mine

Ahahaha, making assumptions is always a mistake.
There are two pastebins with magazines, as far as I know. The one with Japanese magazines and the one in the Monday stands for Magazine thread.
Search the archive on mediafire and mega.nz. Some of them still work.
This one?

Shitty pic but made a denim noragi.

archive.org/details/patternmakingforfashiondesign-151012203826-lva1-app6892

Probably a linen or linen blend. Good for layering

yep that's my backpack
feels weird seeing it unfinished haha

how do i make Vetements?

more like poorfag general

Buy a hoodie 3 sizes too large and sew up the sides. Then paint some edgy shit on it

kek

Something about cutting slits in curved seam allowances bothers me

Qt, very nice

Skirt backpack user i remember you

Has it really been 9 months?

Wanna post it? :)

It's okay user, you'll find something you're talented at (Aside from jacking off and being a morose person nobody enjoys being around.)

A better pic

you did a really good job. fit on it looks near perfect.

What's this supposed to be? Other than a spent casing.

not sure I just said it without thinking
but apparently according to the archive I wasn't that far off

looks like a tie pin or hair clip

The first diy that doesn't suck. Congrats on that

Hair clip. It was pretty much just a low-effort project I did because I was bored from my /cgl/ project.
The biggest issue with it is that the heat from soldering it caused the spring in the clip to loose elasticity, so for the next clip I made I used wire to attach the clip to the rest of it.

very nice

Lol when I'm done sure

Excuse me if this is a silly question but is there any way you can do embroidery on a cap yourself or do you need special (industrial?) equipment for it?

Sure, embroidery floss and a handsewing needle

Thanks a bunch! I'll give it a shot

better be skele or else that bib is gonna look like shit

legitimately curious why you would think embroidery would require industrial equipment

it's pretty commonly known as a parlour hobby

Easy, I realise I sound silly as hell but I've simply never met anyone doing embroidery as a hobby and I've never given how it's done much of a thought. Really good to know though.

i made this

I don't like that

I made this jacket. It's the bundeswehrflecktarn parka dyed black with 8 press studs in the inside/outside so I can turn the bottom part in the inside. It looks kinda like a bomber jacket now. I'm actually very happy with the end result but it could be a bit longer at the hips.

why the acne studios tag?

Really don't know just because of the looks I think

In all honesty, it looks silly as fuck
like people branding things supreme they own

But the patch looks fucking clean. And a full black jacket is to "boring" imo

As the guy who did the cropped m65 in the last thread, this looks great.

Thanks m8

Fold over the fabric so it covers acne and then write your name above studios

Hahaha I'm not sure about that

I don't think any kinda branding looks particularly 'clean'
And adding a brand tag to something that's not by that brand seems so counter intuitive, you are branding modified surplus item so that Acne has the credit, why would one do that?
And it's such an odd brand choice as well, it's not like they are selling clothing where the main focus is on the branding.
Make a map pocket or something if you need to have something that draws the eye in, makes some sense with the surplus item I guess, granted the functionality that high up is questionable and to someone actually using them it will look retarded. But I think it would still be better than random brand logo slapped there.

looks really cool opened

The map thing is actually a good idea and it probably looks nice but the only thing that bothers me is that I maybe look slightly autistic with a map on my jacket. As you said before I need something that tracks my eye. I also was thinking about making my own patches and sew them on the jacket.

I made this technical drawing for a tech pack. What details do i need to add to ensure the factory knows exactly how to make my item?

cross-sections of all the seam constructions
visible stitching
the actual pattern

Back length, collar height, style of zipper, shoulder width, length from bottom of armpit seam to hem, style of seams, lining. Too much to convey from that simple of a drawing.

you need a list of measurements son.

also, any topstitching. it looks like you dont know shit about construction.

I really don't lmao. Thanks for the input though I definitely wasn't finished with all the measurements but i didn't realise i would need to specify topstitching.

You’ll never be knockensack, but you’re damn close

Good job user, high waisted jackets are absolutely patrician

If you are sending this to a Chinese manufacture you need to be as specific and clear as possible. They are super shitty and like to take short cuts or do their own thing if let loose

bump

Ive got this grey long sleeve top, how would i go about removing the print from the back?

vans.com/shop/full-patch-back-long-sleeve-t-shirt-athletic-heather-dress-blues

You cant. It is usually a polymer that has been melted on there. The best you can do is patch something over it, which might look dumb

it would be cheaper just to buy a new blank shirt

damn bro what pattern u use

sad!

I have some short short jeans that I would like that look worn in, so I want get them even more grungy with some spray paint looking pattern, like red stripes down the side, what kind of spray paint product would I use?

seconding this

It is done!
Fitpic!

Thanks for the help everyone. Here is a newer version of the drawing. Does anyone know how I would tell the manufacturer what stitches to use and how to finish the seams in the sides.

also i'm aware i need to make the list of measurements and specify they type of zip and fabric

how someone so clueless hopes to have clothing mass produced is beyond me.

do you even have a fucking pattern for this, do you have a list of measurements? what about sizing, how will you specify fabric, hardware, construction detail? do you really think making clothing is this simple?

the trick is to do it after its stiched, and dont trim it too short

So, how do you make stuff so that it doesn't look like its something you made?

Here. It’s a p bad pattern but i think you get the idea.

i mean
i guess
drawing on a tshirt with a sharpie doesn't make you a "fashun designer" but i'm glad you had a good time

It's all about finishing and fabric selection

This is a hot mess. Go look up tech packs or just fucking make this yourself.

kek

as a patternmaker, im deeply insulted by this

cross-sections of every seam you use like mentioned before

Oh and pay someone who actually knows how to make clothing to make you a prototype and pattern, this is going to give you straight fucking garbage

Question: Where could I order calvin klein looking underwear but with my own text instead of the generic "calvin klein"? Tried googling it but came out with nothing.

what's your budget?

100$ max for bra and thong.

never made anything but i thought it'd be cool to try embroidering stuff on plain shirts. will my dad think i'm gay?

Is it possible to add this pastebin to the future OPs?
pastebin.com/cPsW7xue

most likely but hes a fag anyway

Just do it.
What do you want to embroider?

I was thinking of starting off with small things on the chest/pectoral area like a rose and then maybe moving on to collars. Big things on the backs of jackets also sound cool. Stuff like that. I can't really think of too much right now though and most examples on google images are of flowers