Oversized Clothing Thread

I'm interested in people's thoughts and opinions about deliberately and purposely wearing a jacket that's ridiculously ill-fitting and oversized. Can that ever work? If all one's other clothing fits well, can it just look avant garde or something? Or does it just pretty much always look retarded?

pic not really related - just some bimbo's image I pulled from pinterest. But if anybody has cool photos \ examples I'd love to see them.

kek'd. thanks for the bump

Oversized baggy clothing is a trash meme. we’ve seen clothing get more and more streamlined, suits are at its peak of slim and skinny fit styles, men wear more sleek clothing in modern fashion. Oversized clothing is a step back imho

how is everything wrong

Oh also it’s not avant garde at all, it just makes you look less put together. Avant garde is about unique silhouettes not just oversizing the same piece of clothing thats always been around

thanks. that sounds pretty on point, the way you put that

Any tips on how to wear oversize clothes?
I'm 5"9 115lb and I feel like I look like a retard when I'm wearing oversize

that model is extremely charismatic and pulls that shit off great.

like the user said above about unique silhouettes, i'm wondering about how to accomplish that with well-fitting clothes underneath a large and comfortable and functional jacket. the guy in the photo has everthing a bit oversized, not just one piece.

And by the way, that guy's oversized blue raglan coat reminds me a bit of this Bob Dylan photograph. They're both beautiful garments.

I live like its the 2000's and nothing fits.
pretty comfi

this isnt at all oversized
its how a camp collar ss shirt should fit

This is what I meant by "oversized jacket". Thoughts? Opinions?

the jacket is nice, but that outfit as a whole needs less black. it might look better with a white shirt rather than black, but if you're just asking about the jacket, I think it could work.

It looks retarded if you are short. Makes it look like mom bought you a jacket for "growing up".

Thank you.

nah black looks good

pls don't give advice when you don't know shit thanks

Large hoodie with tight jeans always looked kind of nice to me.

I like it. But it's hard to make it look like it's deliberate, and not that you just bought the wrong size.

am 5'5" 18 yr old girl 95 pounds. i've been wanting to cop an oversized leather jacket for a while now but they all look ridiculous around my shoulders bc the leather just lays stiff. is there any way to fix this or am i just fucked eternally?
a jacket with drop shoulders would probably be better but i can't find one.

trash meme? I disagree. It had it's time, my generation went through it. Sure it looked cool as hell, but yeah I do cringe now looking back at the more "extreme" examples. But trash? How the skinny jean era is also trash?

For o.p, no, never wear baggy, it may come back into a trend, but not for a while at least

just realized although if you are female, it's complete different circumstances

Eat some food retard