NYC Local thread

NYC Local thread

Ask for recs around the city, share info or gripe about the shit you hate.

It seems that there are enough city people here to have an effective thread.

Anyone have a recommendation for a tailor in Manhattan? Preferably upper east side. For pants in particular.

I've looked through yelp/google reviews but of course there's so many around that it's hard to filter out more than a small fraction. Drop a name if you've dealt with them and they weren't horrid

Good blackwork tattoo parlors recommendations?

>young richfag teen hypebeast lives in mommy's bloomingdale's country

color me surprised

more like poor grad student who would rather buy cheaper pants and get them fitted than buy new designer stuff

close tho

I'm seconding this

Although the tailor can be in Queens/Brooklyn/Manhattan, no preference on that. Just looking for someone that won't fuck up my clothes

I'm in Nolita, has anyone else been to INA,they sometimes have really good stuff

nah, heard buffalo exchange is good too tho

Any bar recs?

Ones I can think off the top of my head are The Ship which is a semi-hidden cocktail bar on Lafayette, pretty yuppie-filled but definitely a cool vibe for a date

also The Library, around the lower east, pretty good for dive bar feels in a good area, have interesting movies playing and stuff

I've definitely not been out to many tho, drop names

whats the coolest neighborhood atm?

>NYC thread
>all posts are manhattan

i bet you fucks don't leave the city ever and i don't see how this is Veeky Forums related

Brooklyn, ya faggots. Explore it.

Bushwick here, used to stay in park slope but had to move a year ago

Park slope is tight AF, used to be mega ghetto in the 90's, smart cats bought it up while normies were fearing the blacks

Bushwick is coming up bigtime tho, last time I saw my dad we were driving to peter luger and he said "Holy shit, a white girl on a bicycle!"

Chinatown is your friend. I get a lot of way out alterations and milsurp>>lunarcore shit done there. Bayard street is your target.

aye real answer, thanks

Look up dejavu boutique in ues

they measure in store and ship out for alterations, but their prices are fair

Forget downtown, forget the city

Go to Williamsburg, specifically grand street

>Williamsburg
Why do I sense that you're a white boy who wears a manbun and 'vintage' fashion? Williamsburg is now more yuppified than Manhattan. Just look at the rent rates.

yo FUCK williamsburg
I got people in my clique who actively see them as a huge money pool, ready to be robbed, and I don't blame them in the least.

Hipsters have fucked over so many blue collar workers, it's not even funny.

Williamsburg is a copy paste of LES but shittier. Try again

how hard is it to live in NY coming from europe?

very, unless you have $$$$$$

Fuck off we're full.

skate spots in NYC, planning on taking the Ronkonkoma to penn and skate w buddies during spring

if you guys are looking to cop some good rare band tee's or just cool graphic t-shirts. go to fucking search and destroy. its the goat for that shit without any debate.

its on Saint Marks PI Close to tompkins sq park, great punk skater neighboorhood.

NYC is still accessible there are a couple of neighborhoods i can think of that are still affordable and relatively safe but they probably aren't what you're looking for if you want the NYC experience media portrays

LES Skate park and Roosevelt Park are my usual places.

First time I went in i saw a shirt of somebody shitting in a girls mouth
Shits wild but they have really cool stuff there

Whats up UES bro!

that's why i love it desu you can get shit there that you cannot find anywhere else. its some real Veeky Forums shit

You will need at least 75k min to live in NYC alone,145k+ for Manhattan.
t.UES bro

full of fucking niggers?

I overheard some dude in my local park talking about a place that's one bed one bath for $250/month all utilities included. only one catch...

>its in Canarsie tho

LES was cool a few years ago.

All the band shirts are high price low quality pieces of shit though, they have a few cool items but a lot of the store is trash for tourists
"Williamsburg is pretty cool"(me 10 years ago)
Have 3K $ saved up. Be prepared to grind shitty jobs. Find a roomshare in Harlem Bronx or queens or east ny
If your not afraid of grinding shitty jobs then it's really not that hard, thousands of people move here every year from shithole Slav countries a Western European like you shouldn't have that much trouble

Awesome. Thanks a lot.

Just came in here to say that brooklyn is for faggots with bad hygine specifically bushwick aka the neighborhood full of white dorks from the wisconsin and bedstuy aka the neighborhood full of white dorks from ohio who want to feel edgy living near blacks

Is LA really almost half Hispanic? Holy FUCK. Never been, never wanted to.

St. Mark's has ridiculously cheap happy hours. 212 Hisae is a Japanese pub. Tight as fuck on space and it gets packed by NYU students but the bar food is pretty good for the price and you cannot beat the drink menu. $3, $4, $5 mixed drinks or cocktails. You can drink like a fish here and not break the bank.
You need a real ID and prepare to wait a while if you come after 7.

Also don't ever go to Ktown, not even to karaoke, as they only update the Korean songs frequently. I only go when I know someone who is working that night so I can get free shit. Everything is overpriced and watered down. I always pregame at the Food Court or Woorijip if I'm drinking in Midtown.

Essex Restaurant has a pretty good happy hour.

NYC sucks fucken ass.
What are other effay cities so I can move out of this shithole?

Jacksonville, FL

Gary, Indiana

Everything here is extremely overpriced and they play the music too loud to complement their aesthetic

This place would have been cool to me in high school if I had had a couple hundos to drop every few weekends

>Indiana
>Florida
>Veeky Forums

it's up and coming

upper west side where we at

i dont believe you

i live here with my girlfriend. wanna go to college for free so im staying.

trying to move to inwood asap

become a superintendent and you wont have to pay rent

Impossible to become a superintendent or doorman unless you're an Albanian with a connection

>said the nigger

>don't ever go to Ktown

lmao my girlfriend and friends are all korean we always go to ktown and karaoke. I'd agree tho, deffs overpriced but then again so are most non-dive bar places

but helllll yeah pregame at the food court is the way to go. I think i've been to 212 hisae too, your description sounds spot on

Queens best borough.

>212 Hisae's

>UES
>Poor

hoo boy

>Tfw you live in East Village and it's flooded with college students at night
I'm getting too old to go drinking in a bar full of 21 year olds.

Country bumpkin here, I've never been to NYC. I'm actually going in June though. What are some good shopping places and what should I avoid?

I'll show you the best spots in person if you want.

>poor grad student
T H I N K I N G

i live in kips bay and feel the same way, you think alphabet city is any better?

>what should I avoid

Don't stop in the middle of the sidewalk to be a mongoloid. If you want to be a tourist and stare at everything, move to the side. people have places to be and shit to do

Also, don't even bother with the chinese and africans on canal st selling fake shit, and don't go to times square, it's already cancerous enough as it is.

Nah east village is bleeding into alphabet city. Apartments here already go mad fast.

How much do yall dudes living in Manhattan make?

Maricopa, AZ

not enough reee

get ya bands up

really not that bad, desu. I'd rather them than the trashy whites in Philly

Both are shitholes.
San Fran and Seattle is where is it at

>Calls both cities shitholes
>Suggests more shitholes
San Francisco and Seattle are both crawling with homeless and are expensive as fuck with almost none of the perks.

not a cool city lol, never lived there but grew up nearby and it is mainly shit surburbia with a little bit of gentrification sprinkled in

Okay I think we can settle on this.

Far Rockaway is not really Queens