Going over to japan soon, staying in tokyo, osaka, kyoto. any stores i should check out...

going over to japan soon, staying in tokyo, osaka, kyoto. any stores i should check out? what kind of experience do you have shopping in japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsnpIN_4t0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

check out mint clothing and charlotte russe. Also go for gettry and issey miyake's reality lab.

I live in Tokyo. I can say more when I get home from work in a bit.

go to naoshima and teshima

Check out the cav empt store. Retail is a lot more affordable over there

youtube.com/watch?v=QsnpIN_4t0U

Tokyo guy here.
What do you like? What is your style?

Quickest rundown is:

Old school patrician/luxury core: Ginza

Hypebeast: Jingumae/Harajuku

Thrift: Harajuku, Shimokitazawa, Koenji

Just be more specific about what you're looking for.

NO
FUCKIN
CULTURE

Hankyu mens
F.I.L (visvim store)
Nepenthes store
Thrifts
Been twice, staff were extremely helpful and friendly even when you’re just sorta browsing. Tax was a bit annoying though because had to calculate the additional (8% on top iirc).

Will travel back this year to Kyoto and Tokyo, whats good/new in general food/fashion/things to do? Family trip so a bit more constrained.

I'd check out Buzz Rickson. I'd never cop anything from them besides maybe some khakis but I'd love to look at some of their stuff in person.

the most affaie flag ever

Couple favorites are GIP store, nanamica, pilgrim surf, Freeman’s sport club, Beams shinjuku and fdmtl but nothing is by that shop.

Also b-side label and village vanguard have some cool stuff.

How long are you staying there till?

op say nothing
kek

why this performance out of every other twice one?

>be OP
>make thread
>never show up again

Giving my usual recommendations

Thrifting:
Ragtag
Kindal
10 Tow (this one's a must if you like Yohji and CDG, my personal favourite store when I used to live there)

Boutiques
Studious
Beams (they do so many collabs they feel like a boutique at this point)

Seconding everything here

OP may have left, but i am also going soon, so i appreciate all the advice. Keep it coming yall.

also going to tokyo soon and i want to go check out thrift shops selling super cheap clothes but Veeky Forums

Nubian in Tokyo
Nepenthes in Tokyo and Osaka