Japanese Brand Discussion

Feel free to talk about Japanese brands here.

This is dropping on Thursday. There was some decent buzz about it in the Cav Empt thread I made before. Anyone going to cop? I'll probably at least check the price at the CE store.

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/4312266-Number--N-ine-FW04--Give-Peace-A-Chance--Tribal-Heart-Bondage-Jacket
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you proxy for mem8?

>japanese brands

this is a stupid thread, but while I am here, how does cav empt fit?

Just got these boots in the mail today. SAL is fucking slow
Danner Japan "Freddo" boots

boxy/oversized

thanks

The last thread was only CE but people started talking about other brands so I decided to make it about any Japanese brand. CE generally fits cropped and boxy. Honestly it's hard to say sometimes. My hoodie is an L and fits perfectly. But I once tried on one of their flannel jackets and it was huge. I have an M tee that fits TTS and like a normal tee. Generally I'd say size up but it depends..

It is boxy, yeah, but if you're 6'+, you might want to size up a little. I'm pushing 6'6" and an XL just BARELY fits me,

>6’6

Chrissakes lad.

why even bother buying cav empt in general if youre a freak.

Undercover, C.E, WTAPS, Suicoke usually what I'm dressed innnn.

>Undercover
trash

Kinda want to cop a loose tapered gramicci pants for summer. Wheres the best place to buy them? Rakuten?

Holy shiiiiit they're so warm and comfy
Zero ankle support, but they're not for hiking tbqh

Some gramicci pants go on sale through Zozo but the selection isn't as good as from the gramicci site
And with S/S 18 stuff coming in soon you might get a good deal by just waiting a few weeks

And pay attention to the sizing charts if you don't already know yours. They run large in my experience

Jun is hack and undercover is trash. get some taste, pleb

Are there any sites that offer proxy services to buy stuff in person? There's a brand I'm interested in but they only sell out of their physical location in Shibuya as of right now

Yes there are shopping services offered but it's expensive, like 20% extra
What are you trying to buy, user?

A pair of shoes. The added price isn't that big of a concern, do you know which shopping services are trusted?

The big ones are trusted lol
But keep in mind: you're dealing with people who don't know English, so there's a degree of miscommunication that is inscrutable and pretty frustrating
Have you reached out to the store on Instagram to see if they'll deal with you directly? I've had success with that before

*that is inevitable

I live in Tokyo and would theorhetically be willing, but you'd have to make it worth my while.

I'll send you 40 bucks if you get OP's pic for me

bro did you see the new UC piece with the print on it, mindlblowing shit my man

>I like undercover
You have to be 18+ to post

Which piece? Their show with Soloist recently was very cool.

Would that still be cost effective? Man it really is jacked up outside of Japan. Are you a regular CE buyer? If so and you want it to be an ongoing thing it might be something I'm interested in if its win win. of its still cheaper for you and I'm getting some extra pocket money on the regular. But as a one shot thing I don't know if the 40 is enough of a carrot. Do you have an email I could reach you at? Or kik. whatever.

Sorry that post was for you, misquoted.

>i don't pay attention to fashion shows

Is WTAPS still that relevant? Sure they got nice things but seems like each subsequent release gets more boring and boring.

The space suits in between was sick. Idk how I feel about the combined show though, feels somewhat disjointed/both parties felt restrained in what they could do

Does anyone here have or have handled Porter Classic stuff? Kinda curious on your thoughts on their items.

Semi related, thoughts on the current state of 45 rpm? Feels like watching a slow train wreck, which is a shame since they do some neat fabrics.

Also favorite and most hated brand/label, and why

Is WTAPS still that relevant?

My hot take is that it's not. Just cop some Neighborhood and some milsurp.

>Also favorite and most hated brand/label, and why

Favorite is Cav Empt. Hard to say why I just like it. The cuts and graphics are interesting and it's very distinct. Least favorite? I don't know I'm not a hater. I will say that someone needs to save BAPE baka. I do have the jacket they dropped with Neighborhood last year, but that's a collab with a brand that is still killing it.

Is anyone going to the CE store today?

issey, yohji, cdg, usually what i'm dressed in

I mainly buy jap brands. Needles, Sasquachfabrix, Undercover, Number (N)ine, Issey Miyake, and Yohji

Tokyo dude here I'll probably check it out.

Post pieces and/or fits. Also lmao I have that exact Sonico cup noodle cover.

700 dollars. not bad

For that style of jacket from CE, that price is ridiculous.

OP, I'm currently staying in Shibuya, where the hell do I go to shop?

700+? Fuck that, I was hoping it was around 500, this Is ridiculous

>6'6
wew lad, what a langlet

Agreed. 86,000yen on the Japanese website which is about 770 bucks. It might be cheaper in store. Madness either way. You'll find no bigger fan of CE than me, but I cannot defend this. Fuck out of here, Toby.

What do you like?

bought 3 so I can resell to hypebeast faggots on grailed. :^)

Prepcore, sleazer core, sometimes some street wear shit, and some minimalist stuff
I like some of the Japanese designers but I don't currently own any of their stuff.

Best bet is to go to any second hand store and dig through the racks and piles. Im not op unfortunately

Discount this

This was well below $400 retail SHIPPED last year.

hypebeast supreme tier shit like UC and cav empt to an extent will never be as good as Number (N)ine

Sounds like you're open so I'd just explore Harajuku, Shimokitazawa, Koenji thrift.

I have to disagree that CE is anywhere close to being like Supreme. It's not even that hypebeast all things considered. The only piece that has even come close to being in Supreme territory was the icon pullover.

just bought some (N)N
tell me if this was a mistake

cant go wrong with number (n)ine

Holy shit drop trip

You don’t know what a “trip” is, do you?

ACKSHUALLY

Don't be a technical faggot dude. Not the guy you're replying to btw.

>this is actually me
Homme Plisse is so fucking comfortable holy shit

Prepcore means Beams. Go for that. Second the other guy with thrifting. The 2nd Street in Shibuya has some decent prep

I would dress in Issey Miyake Men if I could afford it

>tfw best cav empt collection in grailed and Veeky Forums

Post your seller ID.

Same. Secondhand stores don't sell it for cheap either.

they used too, you can blame dav for that

Nice try faggot I hoghly doubt it. Post it.

There are two trolls in these threads, the Undercover hater guy and that guy.

>troll
Unlike you faggots, 700 is enough for me to spend on so I can resell for 1400 after.

You still have not posted your collection

I'll post them once I get my fleece bomber + Correspondent Jacket delivered

I'm not sure you're going to get 1400 for that jacket. Generally CE at jacked prices sits on Grailed. Saw some mouth breather trying to hawk the long puffer for 1500. People convince themselves CE is more hype than it is.

The fleece bomber is cool though and reasonably priced.

post a fit pic with some suicokes
i really like the look of most of their stuff but i honestly don't know how the fuck you're supposed to look good in sandals

the trick to looking pretty good in sandals is to look really good when ur not in sandals
t. different suicoke owner

do hypebeasts even wear c.e.?

They will if they find out it's sought after or a numbered edition or instantly sold out and selling for above list price online

these things happen because hypebeasts have already found it

Shut up nerd

BUYING TRILOGY TAPES ANYTHING IN A MEDIUM OR SMALL PLS GIVE ME SOME THANKS

Holy shit you haven't been have for like a year and a half
Still in Florida or back in Chicago

Living in orlando rn 4 skool

I have a Kapital coat coming in the mail tomorrow but I've already posted the pic in a couple others threads lol

Not really. Not sure how it has managed to stave off hype. Drake, Rihanna and Pharrell have all worn it. BAPE guys are behind it. Might take ASAP or a Soundcloud rapper to do it. My theory is that it's a little too edgelord to be true hype. CE probably makes just enough to satisfy most demand.

I would’ve copped if this were the case, I doubt it’ll re-sell and none of the stickiest have dropped yet. It sat for hours. If it re-sells, it’ll be at most 50 over retail and maybe more in a year or two. You’re delusional if you think you’re making any morning. t. 800+ Grailed sales

lol i've sold icon pullovers for 1500 and those stupid cheap undercover avakareta life jackets for 900-1000 dollars. I'm sure ill pull at least 300 from resale with this jacket

Icon are older, but fleece makes that sounds promising. I’ll cop next drop around and see how it goes, worse comes to worse I’ll just wear it

Ehhh... that depends. Miyashita's Number (N)ine was brilliant. The current N(N), not so much.

We got $10/hr added to base pay (which for me was time and a half for about 50 hours cuz of some union bullshit) and 75 dollars cash bonus a few times too in my last paycheck
Feels nice taking home the same paycheck as my buddy who's an MD
Get a job, user

fuck cav empt

CE doesn’t have one main recognizeable flagship item with a logo like a Supreme Box logo besides maybe the small sleeve patch or the occasional “Cav Empt” across each shouder.

How long does Cav Empt stock pieces from past seasons in their physical store?
I know I'm kinda late on this but I'm looking at copping pic related from the AW17 season but can't seem to find the size I want online at a reasonable price.
Has anyone by any chance seen it at stores in Tokyo? I have a buddy going there soon and will get him to pick one up for me if it isn't too hard to find.

i love japanese clothes!

Die normie reeeeee

Icon pullover is an outlier. Not a great example and not surprising you made 1500. That and the plague hoodie. Other than that realistically CE works like most resale. Retail or a bit under. At least from my experience.

I'm the guy who lives in Tokyo. Stuff sticks around in store. That exact hoodie was in store when I checked the initial drop of this season. But I doubt it's there now after the second drop. I got the Mercati Pullover at DSM around the time of the first drop.

I will go to the CE shop this weekend. They will almost certainly have the correspondents jacket. Maybe everything that has dropped this season.

Link??

haha fuck

OP here in Tokyo. Funniest thing about this is that I am almost positive the 2nd 3rd and 4th kanji are not in any kind of use in Japanese. They might be archaic variants but I doubt it. 3rd and 4th especially look more like PRC simplified characters but don't quote me on that one, they might be traditional. Almost certainly not used in Japanese though. Definitely in no practical context.

The first character is 目 "eye"

The last two 今日 are "now" and "sun/day", which together mean "today".

Super Dry's main logo reads 極度乾燥(しなさい) - kyokudo kanso (shinasai)

Which basically says (Please do) maximum level dry. 極度乾燥 is clunky I think. Maybe 超乾燥 - cho kansou would be a better choice, because it means closer to super/ultra dry. I have seen it in use in the context of skin. 極 also means very or extreme, like in 極右 kyouku-u - the far right.

Not sure why しなさい is in parentheses. Also, "Shinasai" is a firm but still polite command form, which is also kind of silly and clunky.

If you thought Super Dry was ridiculous before, it just got more ridiculous.

Pls cop my jacket
grailed.com/listings/4312266-Number--N-ine-FW04--Give-Peace-A-Chance--Tribal-Heart-Bondage-Jacket

drop the price lmao

Is it easy to proxy from Japan? I want to purchase a bag from Kapital that I can't find in the states or Europe.

Pic unrelated

having bad japanese is intentional, the point is being the reverse of asian brands misusing english

holy shit, you sound insufferable

go back to playing with your retarded action figures, numb nuts

yea get a good proxy

I too enjoy shopping at Uniqlo