Why do people on here say to shave your head at the very first sign of male pattern baldness?

Why do people on here say to shave your head at the very first sign of male pattern baldness?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they don't think much about all the posts they make and think that by immediatly shaving your fucking head you're 'embracing it' not being absolutely fucking insecure.
I'm talking about all the posts where the guy has absolutely normal hair for someone aged 18+ and asks should he kill himself and then the hoard of fucking faggots repeat the buzzwords SHAVE IT EMBRACE YOUR BALDNESS

Part of it is when you are balding there aren't really many great haircuts for you to have.
Part of it is they all just sort of speak to "decay" while shaving it off can actually add vitality to how you look.
And you know when you are balding it sucks to be combing our your dead hair every single day. Shedding like a cat isn't much fun.

I've seen threads here were someone just asks for haircut advice without a mention of baldness and they're maybe an NW2 and people say "zOMG SHAVE IT."

I think some of it is when guys are balding, they agonized over it for a while so if they see even minor hair loss in someone else they think they're being helpful with the "just shave it brah" advice.

IMO you have to get to an NW4 for shaving it to look better.

I'm just growing it long till it gets bad enough for me to have to shave, and even then, I may keep it if I have some hair in the absolute centre (not going for the monk look though)

Also, how the fuck do you know if you're actually going bald? Should I go to a doctors? My mum was the first person to tell me, but i've had the unfortunate combination of thin hair and shit hairline all my life, and my friends tell me i'm fine (mum is over anxious person). I mean, now I just leave it, but it would be nice to have a yes or no answer. I'm 21.

Post a pic. You could go to a dermatologist, but sometimes they over-diagnose.

Also don't be afraid of fin. I've been on it for a month and have literally zero side effects.

in 2 months your dick will fall off

If i started to go bald id honestly just grow the sides really long and go full trailer trash-core

I would but haven't got my phone on me right now. Done it on here before, someone said I was balding, did it again, someone said the opposite, idk. And yeah, that's my worry too, of course they want me to be 'suffering' to make money from me. Let me put it this way, the hair on my forehead has always been the thinnest part of my hair, and I don't think I was balding at 12.

Nah, i'm not that bothered about it. See also fin is literally oestrogen. Fuck that soyboy shit. I'd rather go bald like a man.

Use Rogaine foam and and Nioxin shampoo/conditioner.
I'm only 22 and started losing my fair bit by bit the past few years but didnt really notice until around a year or so ago, notice i could see my scalp from the top of my head no matter what and my bangs were thin.

Started using those products and the problem on the top of my head has improved greatly, though of course is still there a bit. the receeding hairline hasnt been as successful, I notice hairs grow back but still fall back out more easily than my other hair.
I would also notice my hair falling out every time i showered before using this product and for the most part this has stopped, though recently i've been stressed so it's started back up again a bit.

The main point is if you start being proactive about it early on you can reverse balding and keep your hair. spending money on those products is worth keeping it.

People on this board meme about balding.

Fin is absolutely estrogen. All it does is prevent testosterone from being turned in to DHT, which is a different androgen and not particularly important after puberty. It DOES cause a slight increase in estrogen, but still within normal levels for an adult male.

I'm using fin. I've considered minox but that shit is pretty high maintenance. I'm giving it a year to see regrowth and if I'm not happy with where it's going at that point then I'll try minox. Plus fin is a lot cheaper, I get it for like $4/month at Costco.

My best case scenario with all this is regaining full density in miniaturized areas and then hopefully in a few years that Shiseido treatment will come out so I can hop over to Japan to have it done and not have to worry about this or take hair pills for the rest of my life. If I'm still not happy with it I might get a transplant at that point but we'll see.

*Fin is absolutely NOT estrogen. You've been memed into thinking this by the "just shave it brah" crowd. It's safer than most drugs on the market.

If that were the case, you'd see trannies popping it like skittles but instead they opt for drugs like Cypro and Spiro.

>which is a different androgen and not particularly important after puberty

I hear DHT is more effective at helping you build muscle than regular T, so it's probably not that simple, right?

That's not true at all, that's broscience. DHT isn't really important in muscle development compared to T.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

A very very very small minority of fin users report side effects like impotence, breast growth, etc. but these guys probably have very high estrogen sensitivity. Like I said, it DOES increase estrogen to some degree but it's usually a small amount.

People respond different to drugs. Some see significant hair regrowth with no sides. Others have their hair loss stop or slow down without regrowth. Others have no regrowth and terrible sides.

The post-finasteride syndrome thing isn't backed up by most peer reviewed research, though. Even when side effects happen (which are rare in the first place), they almost always go away after stopping the drug.

It's safer than driving.

So you're telling me all this time I haven't taken fenugreek for the reward of less muscles and more back and nostril hair?

why not just transplant? thats the beauty of living in the 21st century

Those are fucking expensive. Also a good transplant surgeon will want you taking finasteride for a year before the transplant to stabilize the hair loss.

Plus it's very rare to go from NW7 to a full head of hair with a transplant.

how common is it to even reach nw7 before the age of 50? if enough men are insecure about hairloss im sure surgical solutions will keep advancing throughout the decades.
yeah it is expensive but if it bothers people this much then isnt it worth it to save up?

Most of the uncles on my mom's side were NW7 by their early 30s.

There are a lot of hair loss treatments being researched and on the horizon, but it's hard to say what will be promising/effective and what's vaporwave.

I think the most promising is probably RCH-01 but it's most likely just going to be a one off alternative to finasteride.

Am I balding, bruhs?

I'm 28, dad and uncles were bald by their 40's. Older bro and cousin in mid-30's are pretty much bald.

Am I gonna make it brehs?

>late 20s/early 30s pussies complaining about balding
>meanwhile there are people like my friend and me who started balding at 18

Looks like you might be. The good news is that if you are, you're catching it super early and finasteride can save you.

OP here. I'm balding at 23, it's probably been going on for the past 1-3 years. I also have a buddy who it became obvious for by 19. I even knew a guy in high school who was a NW3 by junior year.

I have a fetish for shaved smooth heads so it arouses me when a guy who's balding finally starts shaving.

I'm glad you exist but you're a minority. Also even if all women prefered shaved heads, I'd want to keep my hair. I wouldn't be me without it.