Why did literal manual laborers from 100+ years ago dress better than 75% of “””””men”””””” today?

Why did literal manual laborers from 100+ years ago dress better than 75% of “””””men”””””” today?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/795898.The_Good_Old_Days_They_Were_Terrible_
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shirt, tie, vest, jacket ,overalls.

Unemployed men in the 1930’s

>tfw shirt+vest combo is never coming back for everyday wear

They didn't, assmaster. The textiles were cheaper then. Manufacturing was cheaper. Better textiles assembled in a sweatshop is NOT a quality garment. It's like gold plating a turd. Also, these fags could NOT afford decent shoes. Motherfuckers were wearing, and I shit you not - boots with Cardboard Soles and/or uppers. It was common back then for the poor to have shit shoes, hence the term "Well Heeled". Cobblers were LOOT.

The first period reference to such shoes that pops into my mind is in the first few chapters of George Orwell's "Down and Out in Paris".

Here's a news article from the era.

The clothes still look better, and you can't really argue with that

Styles are subjective but they did have much better quality fabrics. Construction was probably shit but that was ok because fits were loose (so symmetry and perfect proportions didn't matter too much) and people repaired their clothing rather than throwing it away.

Stop signaling your virtue, dicksmoker

>sweats and t shirt manchild

Ding ding ding

Also, bruh - time and nostalgia can recontextualize garments to an extensive degree. The past always looks better when the present is a shit hurricane, but when you look at the past you see only idealizations without substance until you start really digging through historical documents/books/etc that aren't bowdlerized or afraid to lay the harsher aspects of the life of the common man and working classes on the table as the shite they really were.

This is a good book for that purpose:

goodreads.com/book/show/795898.The_Good_Old_Days_They_Were_Terrible_

Just because you like the aesthetic of a time doesnt mean you adore the era. You are a fucking retard and should just kys right now; this is basic reading comprehension.

Subhuman nameposter

Suck my dick and get a higher education, in that order

FOOOOOOHHHHHHHH lmao

They looked better but you'd have your work clothes and one good suit for church (maybe) and that was it. Then you'd be repairing those clothes for years instead of buying new ones.

Because to most people, these were their only clothes.

I have forgotten more things than you will ever learn, pretending to be a subject matter expert on Veeky Forums’s fashion forum

Kys subhuman nameposter

Sure thing poorfag

Im trying to imagine you NOT pumping gass in an oil spotted pair of Clarks

He's right and you're wrong please drop trip layers always have been and always will be objectively more Veeky Forums than a hoodie no matter what the silhouette

Everyone had one pair of clothes and they stunk - the material was high quality wool tho

No, faggot. I WILL NOT. Some assholes, usually crowd following omega-male sheep like yourself feel better in a crowd, anonymous;y operating. That gives them a greater feeling of freedom from being punished for their thoughts.

Some people are exaactly the opposite They can't stand the user thing, but the doe great if you just let them pic a nickname. I shink both can be equally valid. Any day.

I forgot the most important part of that quote! Here we go.

sure I can. They look like autists to me.

The wealth of their society was propped up by the rest of the world.

What's stopping you from wearing it?

All of these dudes would have been wearing t-shirts and sweatpants if social mores at the time had allowed them to, dipshit

Modern manual labourers are all Manuel labourers

Because craftsmanship and materials were generally a lot better then. Also, because fashion was not as diverse so creating a cohesive look was easy.

Their idea of dressing "better" was very different from yours.

You're seeing ordinary clothes, which everyone around them would have seen as such. They would have gladly had the variety you have to choose from.