00s fashion

I have a huge nostalgia boner for mid-00s fashion. Alternative, Emo, Skaters I love all of it.

How do I incorporate those styles now without looking like a hot topic victim?

Most of those things are still pretty common, just don't go over top with it and look like you got gang raped by Fall Out Boy or something.

>Vans
>Skinny jeans
>subdued band/graphic shirt
>Flannel
>Beanie

Thats basically the look you're describing, right?

Dior Homme is the real 2000's revival
#CelineBois

>mid 00s
>skinny jeans

>Alternative
>Emo
>Skater

Yes.

Put a basic fannel shirt over any of your appropriate fits

This is very mid 00s

Thots are way better than Emos, man. Emo was shit. Ugly haircuts, ugly make-up, timburtoncore clothing.

also mid 70's

Has there even been a major shift in fashion since the 00's?

I fucking hate scene/emo shit and I’m glad that’s out of style. I do miss 2004-2010 Abercrombie stuff though, especially the hoodies and sweatpants with the patched-on logos.

>not knowing skinny jeans started to become in style around ~2006 when all the preppy girls used to tuck their jeans in their Uggs
>not remembering highlighter-colored skinny jeans that all the scenefags owned 10 pairs of
>not remembering these losers in pic related in their faggy girl jeans back in 2007-2008

Maybe you’re younger than me but skinny jeans have been popular for over a decade noe.

A staple among every pregnant 15-year-old.

cargo pants are gonna be huge

How old are you guys to remember all this stuff?

I was still in middle school in the mid-00’s and all I remember is the trendy clothes popular among 13-year-olds.

i think mid 2000s is too hard to pull off. you will probably just look autistic. try late 90s early 2000s

2>4>1>3

I'm not even sure we have had enough time away from the Mid-2000s to really charicature and reference it?

It feels like in the past 2-3 years there's been a shift from referencing early 90s to reviving late 90s/Y2K/2002

Never too late to be ahead of the game.

i think its too early for mid 00s. give it 5-10 more years. when people analyse fashion in how i met your mother the same way we do with 'friends', then itll be time. i know that personally when i watch himym i still feel they arent dressed well, compared to friends where i can watch and appreciate it as a sign of the times

forgot pic

lmao absolutely not

you definitely have to be more specific about what aspects of '00s fashion you are into....literally fedoras were a thing (snoop dog/Justin timberlake) trucker hats and popped collars.

Not all of it was bad.
Ballet flats were kind of cute. leggings were reborn.

That hair is effay. I can't believe there are people that are still getting buzzcuts and HYs

Damn I wonder if this movie would be as good as it seemed to be in '04. I might actually watch this.

>2018
>still has an undercut
kys

Noooooooo
Dammit. I spent 8 months in a 2nd world country, and missed America like a motherfucker. The one thing I didn't miss: the fucking kardashians.
WHY AMERICA WHYYYYY?

inb4 hater. IDK why but I just can't stand the mere sight of any of them.

2005 was like a huge pop punk year.

Afi/Green day/my chemical romance

A lot of people loved the apple vs PC ads, also hoodies, relaxed fit stone washed denim or woman's jeans we're big since men's skinny jeans didn't pop up until like 2008.

Vans or leather flip flops bracelets and necklaces for men. Watch "Laguna Beach" tv show

As for niggers 2004 was the peak of popularity for Dave Chappelle's tv show.

50 cent and the game were household fashion icons for White suburban kids. Kanye West apart from a few appearances on Dave Chappelle's show was relatively unknown until his stutter shade era a full 4 years later

I was 18 years old during all of this, I just wore Dickies, boots and black t shirts....or lame graphic ts west coast choppers etc.

Flannelshirts weren't big.

Faux punks we're big straight a student wearing safety pin cut off denim jackets or band geeks wearing misfits t shirts was a huge thing.

A lot of not my president George bush shirts and patches

Big sunglasses on women, Jean skirts on women, stomach exposed on girls. Sometimes juicy couture sunglasses usually white framed

Ray bans weren't popular yet

Stickam raids we're the rage back on Veeky Forums and Myspace angle and duck lips posting

Veeky Forums and /b/ we're all over Barney's skinny ties and suits. "Marshall" dressed like your average geek of the era

shut ur face pls

For normies all the denim went dark wash for everyone.

Everyone started wearing chambray and plaid when Abercrombie/David becham started the trend

Ray Ban wayfarers and aviators ate the sunglasses to have

Men started wearing boots everywhere

Every faggot on Reddit has a pair of redwings or Clark's but before that it was Tom's or vans

Also the athleisure trend

lots of jeans. bootcut.

jk. keep going.
i klnow these were your golden days.

from which direction faggot?

these used to be the shit

>fatty
>higher than anyone
uhhhh

Left is plumbercore

Why would anyone want 2000s fashion to come back

That photo is so old that was way back before that Gamestop closed, nice one and shout out to the Belfast ones. When was it taken?

because it's comfy and not tryhard

This hair screams "I'm a dork" when an adult wears it and makes people look like children. This should never come back, along with low-rise pants, and chunky shoes. Let this awful era of fashion die.

>2018
>Still has Justin Dweeber haircut

just wear dickies all the time

>Stickam raids we're the rage back on Veeky Forums
We weren't doing stickam raids in 2005 you faggot, go away.

her outfit is hands down the ugliest clothes a woman can wear (in any point of time in history)

goddamn thats so freaking ugly

It looks like shit, I only see ugly dudes and incels have that hairstyles.

Chads get crewcuts, short fringe, or pompadour/quiff looking hitler youths.

part of me wants to take screencaps so I can post them in a year when Veeky Forums will inevitably be flooded with HYfags crying for 00s hair

Bootcut jawns

nostalgia'd hard

>tfw the last warped tour ever will happen this year

I want to go back

>Skater
>Skinny jeans

Will Jean shorts ever make a comeback? I remember they were prized among people my age in 2006, paying the price for good brands and nice washes. Fucking crazy

What the hell? Yes it is you idiot, it's where the style comes from originally. People in the mid-late 00s dressing like this, like Julian Casablancas from the Strokes for example, were trying to emulate the 70s style

Just go on Second Life and treat it like a early 2000 simulator

Some of my normie friends started doing that a couple months ago. They started wearing a bunch of early-mid 2000's sportswear like sweatshirts with big logos on them.

I remember a lot of my jeans fit like this back in 2005. They would always drag on the floor and get distressed. Also had very similar fading, but I also remember a bunch of emo kids were already wearing skinny jeans and asking why I had gangster pants.

I remember back in 2006 or 2007 a bunch of us went out to see Spiderman 3 or Pirate's of the Caribbean 3. A couple guys stopped by hot topic, pacsun, or whatever mall store was selling these. I remember they were big cause Green Day and a bunch of those fueled by ramen bands were wearing them.

in a lot of ways it was a 70s revival. 30 year cycle and whatnot is the general rule of thumb.
correct
retard. explain bell bottoms, velvet, and the whole fucking color pallet of the 00s

Dress like this

>bootcut
EVEN THE NAME IS NAUSEATING

Fuck I was such a sucker for scene girls, them and goth girls

I feel like something like this is still pretty relevant. Looks kinda like SLP stuff from a couple years ago. Also remember the guitar player from Blur wearing stuff like this back then.

do it

This shit looks fucking awful. I can see Juicy becoming huge again though

Dude same I'm super nostalgic for the early 2000s. I just started watching the OC a week ago. Did you know Ryan wears a choker in the show? One of the characters even refers to it as a choker. That was like a thing for guys in the early 2000s

Wtc chokers for guys.

Bamp

Pic related if you think I'm making this up