perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S4KK1HaT1_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post that bottle you really should have bought yourself by now.

I could find bottles for days I wish I owned but honestly this is always one I find myself wanting to reach for. I just love everything about this scent except its performance. Yet I just can't bring myself to spend money on a 50ml of it. Maybe just because I own so many other frags, I love this one either way.

Oops forgot pic lol

This would have been my response if the question were asked last thread, but I finally went out and purchased a 150 at Macy's last weekend. To be honest, the performance really is deficient considering the premium price. I sort of wish that I had bought a backup 150 of the EdT instead of the Parfum. Hopefully the strength will improve as my bottle ages and the projection will be better in the summer. For now I am doubly confident in the superiority of the original Bleu.

I didn’t love Maxed Out. If it didn’t have that cumin note, I think it’d be great. Kind of like Kilian’s Straight to Heaven with a touch of coconut. The cumin just makes it smell off, IMO. Like, actually rotten.

Only thing I have liked with a noticeable cumin note was LDDM

What do you guys think about the 11 bbs eau de toilette ?

I'm pretty much in love with the scent but getting really frustrated by how quicky it fades away ... If you got any advice on that I'd be glad to hear it

Oops I meant eau de parfum

I feel this for Bvlgari Black and John Varvatos Dark Rebel. I bought both expecting them to be very long lasting and strong fragrances but Bvlgari Black smells like an edible car tire and Dark Rebel smells really smoky and good but it does not last long and requires multiple sprayings.

I’m with you there. I hate cumin in fragrances. It just isn’t a nice smell to me.

Is Allure Homme Sport worth getting if I already have VPH? I like VPH but doesn't last long.

tell me some nice frags I should get for $50. I'm a beginner and the only frag I have right now is cool water

Fresh and clean. Always gets compliments but only lasts 3-4 hours. Great for any occasion.

this is why 30 ml or under is really all I like to buy, I'm too ADD to wear one frag consistently

Not that user you're replying to but I see your point. For myself I can't see myself finishing all 90ml of my BBRI bottle anytime soon, even if I wear it regularly next autumn and the rest of this winter...

I have way more bottles than I’ll be able to wear in a lifetime. Zero fucks given. Still buy new bottles all the time. I just love collecting new scents, mang.

AHS has the same problem

im lazy so i use this s/s and gucci pour homme f/w

sultan pasha's samples are available on ebay again for £75. im curious about them but not quite £75 curious. if anyone had experience with these attars, how much does 1ml lasts?

D&G The One EDP

165 bottles and counting. I give samples out to friends and coworkers so I get to experience several entries from my library on most days. Still, I'm gonna have to start giving away full bottles or selling splits before long. I'm running out of room in my fragrance cabinet.

Same on the fragrance cabinet, though I currently only have one shelf. I’m moving into a bigger place soon, though, so I’m gonna have my dad build me a cabinet just for my bottles.

I only really have one friend who’s into fragrances, I’ll make him samples sometimes, but that’s about it. I work from home, so no coworkers.

You can bury me with my frags, I don’t care. Not gonna stop collecting, though.

Pics of the cabinet

I'm lucky to have a good amount of space to myself. There's a top shelf not shown in this pic with some of my cheaper clones and samples.

>tfw last week's pic is already outdated

Juniper Ridge resin colognes. Thoughts?

Solid colognes are never good, sorry.

Thought so. Thank you friend

What do you guys think of this frag? I've never tested GIT or Cool Water but Tres Nuit smells extremely familiar. It really reminds me of the top notes (not the musky iso-e super part) of A&F Fierce, as well as Axe Apollo, True Religion Men, LC Curve, etc. I guess those fragrances lifted inspiration from GIT/Cool Water.

Yeah, my apartment’s not that big and storage is limited. My new condo is much bigger and will have a ton more storage, so I’ll have way more space for my frags. My new condo also happens to be within very easy walking distance of a Sephora, a Nordstrom, and a Sak’s....

i dont feel so bad about my shit purchases when i see collections like these

Opinions? It smells like a sweet leather pretty nice.

Bumping this.

Ever try Eternity?

Spicebomb or HdP 1899. Although I have to admit I haven't smelled bulgari man in black so I am not sure if they have less spice.

Was fucking around in a mall I don't usually go to and noticed their Nordstrom was selling Tom Ford private blends. Finally got to smell what everyone's been talking about. I was surprised I didn't like tobacco vanille. Oud wood on the other hand, top fucking notch. Tuscan leather was alright. I already have La Yuqawam so i'm good there. Didn't give much thought to the rest of the line. The sales associate was annoying me.

spicebomb is spicier than man in black.
try tom ford noir extreme

Yeah I don't think I like the cinnamon in spicebomb.
Looked up tom ford noir extreme, seems like something I'll want to try. Cheers lad

Ugh terrible... I can only imagine how much money you've spent and how with the same amount I could have such a great collection.

youtube.com/watch?v=S4KK1HaT1_c
>travels to London
>bangs fan from instagram
>is late to event that john varvatos flew him out for
>claims he is strong enough to destroy molecules by rubbing them
what a chad

From what I'm reading regarding the longevity, it seems there's enough iso e super in it to be killing noses.

It gives me the impression that GiT is worth the investment. At least, until Armaf can improve on the formula.

My collection features girly fruitchoulis, tons of designer fluff, and twenty bottles from a house that most people reflexively hate. I get that you'd have spent my money differently, but so would just about anyone. My collection is a hot mess but it's exactly what I want it to be.

i just bought lacoste noir and it's just ok
what do u think

Well, I've got to hand it to you that at least you're self aware. I respect you now that I know that you know that a lot of it is"designer fluff" at least.

>tfw you'll never get to see pictures of collections where all the limited edition £10,000 Guerlain crystal bottles are
He must be out there somewhere.

Is there a good alternative to Wonderwood that lasts and projects a little better?

You mean like the "season" bottles they made for an opening in Asia?

Yes, just like those Quatre Saisons bottles.

I actually got to see them in a one to one viewing when they opened up the closed Salon for me upstairs at the store in Champs Elysée. I swear they mistook me for some high roller and were disappointed I didn't walk away with a bottle kek. No matter, they let me have a sample of Automne and let me smell Djedi from the vault.

I need a flacon or two to compensate for some of my frags having poor performance. Where should I get them from?

You need what? An empty flacon to compensate for poor projection?

... I don't understand you. Are you just looking for recommendations to fragrances?

An empty flacon, yes. Sorry, I don't mean a variation on a existing fragrange, but rather, an empty bottle.

do you mean atomizers?

Imagine how much people dropping that kinda money are getting ripped off, like if they think its the actual perfume that makes up the cost. Did they let you smell the original Djedi or the 90's version?

I'm thinking of trying to recreate Mitsouko, with a little tweak. Apparently there weren't that many ingredients in the original formula. IIRC some places still sell Bergamot oil with the futocoumarin/bergaptene untampered, so getting a decent quality of that will be the most important thing. I can't find a place that sells unadulterated oakmoss absolute, just resins at best, low atrinol at worst. I might just make a tincture myself idk.

I mean whatever small container that is designed to hold fragrances to spray them on at a later point so you don't have to bring the whole bottle.

Gosh, tell me about it. I had to stifle a nervous chuckle when they told me how exclusive they are and how great a bargain they were. They let me smell the original (which was all they kept, I believe). Really incredible, dry and sour fragrance, in the best of ways. I feel like Songe d'un bois d'ete is an excellent modern alternative that's a lot more wearable, spicy and sensual. The parallels are definitely there.

That sounds really cool. Are you attempting to bring back the contemporary to life by adding in the various ingredients like bergamot and oakmoss, or are you starting out from scratch? If the latter, good luck! That sounds really tough, though I've no experience at all in diy
Sounds like an incredible project though

I will try in a few months. I'm basically going to try and get as many accurate numbers for the original formula, try to recreate it, but add my own little twist. I'd say deer musk would be harder to source that unadulterated OM or bergamot, if it gets too difficult I will opt for Muscone which supposedly is close to Tonkin region musk. I think Rose De Man from grasse is being sold as Rose Centifolia Pays, I'll ask the company if its actually from Grasse flowers or if its an imported concrete from Egypt or Morocco processed into absolute in Grasse, giving the the excuse to subsequently label it as "French".

*Rose De Mai

That sounds fantastic. I'm sure you'll be able to source materials in small quantities.

Do you have a reference Mitsouko to base on? Perhaps a vintage or a 2013 version? Or perhaps the similarity doesn't really matter to you at this point?

I have an 80s vintage 30ml, its lovely, I still get a decent amount of bergamot which is almost petrol-like at first, very dank, blends well with the oakmoss (its got a sweaty salty quality to it, heavier compared to oakmoss accords these days). It evolves into an extremely soft jasmine heart and the peach lactone is amazing, a few hours in theres a nice earthy vetiver that settles with a musky oakmoss as the florals die out.

I definitely want to get that bergamot, oakmoss and vetiver combo. I'd want the jasmine to be a bit more pronounced, and the labdanum to have a bit of smokiness to it, maybe I would have to add some styrax for that. There's also a very very old jasmine base that I would like to use to make the facets of the real jasmine to unfurl more.

So all in all I want to copy the original formula even though the 80s vintage is the closes reference point I have, but tweak it so its slightly less mysterious and not as restrained.

That's amazing. Wishing you all the best. Let us know how it goes- really excited to find out.

>My baby that arrived today. Apparently these things are impossible to date without the outer case, so i have no idea how old this is. That sucks

You mean people are going anosmic to the fragrance? I did notice that it disappears from my skin in about 6 hours but stays on clothes for days, so maybe it hasn't really disappeared from my skin but I just cant smell it anymore?

Any old eBay seller that sells 50 at once from China. You can hardly go wrong with them.

Does it have any numbers on the bottom?

There should be numbers on the bottom below the concentration. It matches to the box so just use the number on the bottom and run it though checkcosmetic. Was kinda hard to get a decentish picture.

I've narrowed down this year's buy to Versace Eros and Paco Invictus. I like sweet, sophisticated, confident colognes.

Which one should I buy? It's gonna be my everyday every occasion scent for a professional man.

almost nonexistent projection and sillage on me

I have to put my skin to my nose to smell anything

It does smell like leather and apples

Exactly. I collect. That means I buy whatever I want, even if I’m not likely to wear it often. I do wear my frags, of course, but I just enjoy the act of collecting as well. I can afford to do it, so why the fuck not? People collect all kinds of shit, I don’t see why this should be any different.

>invictus
>sophisticated
wwwhat

Whoa there, moneybags! One whole bottle of cheap designer cologne per year?! Slow down! No need to flaunt your success!

Can someone name a fragrance which has the smell of fabric softener?

Amouage Reflection Man is fabric-softenery.

Versace Eros will make you smell like a sexy man who is laid back but also confident while Invictus I've never smelled so I can't say anything about that but professional is not what I would call either of those two. Eros can be worn everyday but Eros is more sophomoric than sophisticated.

well it's more sophisticated than 1 million at least. I like scents that smell like a loveable mischievous bastard.

I don't know why you got triggered by my post

1 Million is on the same level. They smell like rapefugee to me.

>triggered

GTFO

I’m mocking you for being a pleb. That is not being triggered.

You’re a sophisticated businessman, but you want to wear Eros or goddamn Invictus? Go get yourself some GIT or Grey Vetiver or something at least. Maybe an Amouage.

Eros smells better than all those meme frags you just recommended.

Never dabbled in scent, sorry for this faggoty question. Subtle cologne for a gothish dude who is up late working, involves socializing with people? The smells in my workplace are whiskey, beer, and other booze.

I don't like stuffy oldfag fragrances. It's not my personality. GIT makes me smell like a geriatric maths professor.

1 million is a chav scent if anything.

t r i g g e r e d

chav and rapefugee is on the same level desu

>GV/all Amouages stuffy

people here may be cunts but they are right this time, paco doesn't make classy or sophisticated stuff that is well suited to a businessman. Invictus is a 15 year olds after-sports cologne.

What does Veeky Forums think of Habit Rouge?

smells like women's lipstick and makeup kit

I have no idea why it's marketed to men

That's amazing information! I'll look into it when I get back home today. Thanks, mate!

What does anyone think about the CLEAN line of perfumes?

1 million and Eros belong in the club. Invictus Aqua is a better everyday scent but you need to wait for the re-release. Givenchy Play has always been pretty underrated imo.

Exactly. It’s about the image. He wants to project a young, sophisticated, successful business type, but he’s asking about clubbing scents. Those two don’t fit. It’s one or the other.

What you’re suggesting is no different than going to the clubs in a formal suit. You wouldn’t do that because it’d be ridiculous. Same thing here. Could you take a CEO who smells like fruity bubblegum seriously?

You want to be a fuccboi or a businessman? You can’t be both.

Eros and Invictus aren't 1 million though

I'm more an entrepreneur than a ceo. I doubt Elon Musk or Zuckerberg wears pretentious frangrances that make them smell like a french opera

They’re both clubbing fragrances. That is explicitly what they were designed for. I doubt Zuckerberg and Musk smell like fruity bubblegum as well.

I honestly don’t think you’ve smelled a lot of these fragrances you’re dismissing out of hand, there are plenty of offerings from Creed, Tom Ford, Amouage, etc. that are lighter and less formal while still being sophisticated. Amouage Reflection, Sunshine, Creed MI, Royal Water, the Tom Ford Aqua line, etc. etc.

Seems to me, you’re just struggling to justify wearing cheap shit.

Tempted to buy Dior Homme Eau as a year round work scent, rotating that and what I have left of my Mugler Cologne and YSL L'homme samples alongside my 125ml bottle of L'eau D'Issey.
For retail or hospitality have I made good, if a little safe, choice?

You keep pushing the 1 million image when both frags are far from the same scent dna.

It sounds to me you're a #menswear victim trying to push fragrances you read from gq.

To be fair all those brands are cheap shit, just given a big price tag.

I'd encourage business user to explore as much as they can.

I have never once mentioned 1 Million, that was another user. Invictus and Eros are explicitly clubbing scents. Go read what the creators of those scents, themselves, say about them.

I mean, you feel free to wear what you want, but you ask for advice and then flat out reject all of it. If you’re that set on smelling ridiculous, I really can’t stop you.

You keep saying "fruity bubblegum" when they don't have those notes at all leading me to believe you are just parroting opinions from some fashion blog.

I place TF, Creed, etc. for 40-50+ year olds. Alright then, what would you recommend for 20-30s bracket?

That said, you can be a rogue CEO who does things his way, but if you manage your company without tact you'll end up poor. Subtlety is key.

Please don't tell him about reflection, I don't want it tainted by someone who is going to be a weirdo...

I'm not part of the discussion but i just want to say i couldn't agree with your post more

If the business user really wants good advice, here it is.

I’ve owned all 3. They do all have that same sweet “bubblegum” scent.

Creed, TF, and Amouage are definitely not old man scents. Again, you have no idea what you’re on about. They have plenty of scents that are suitable for younger men. I just listed a bunch that are lighter and less formal, you dismissed them. Just because they’re expensive doesn’t mean they’re old man scents.

>I place TF, Creed, etc. for 40-50+ year olds
Oh shit guys, time to pack up

I mean, Amouage Sunshine has citrus, tonka, and vanilla along with rich boozy notes and aromatic green notes. It’s basically a more sophisticated version or Eros.

You sound like a pussy who's even scared of what people say. Definitely not the personality that succeeds or gets anywhere. I doubt you're actually in the industry.

No you don't know what you're talking about. GIT was created for Cary Grant even an ancient fossilized fart born in 1904 and died in the 1980s.

So yes your recommendations are exactly the stuffy dated boomer-tier shit like I'm saying