Title is pretty explanatory.

Other urls found in this thread:

parolesinenglish.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/the-dunce/
gurdjieff.org/daumal1.htm
amazon.com/Hearing-Trumpet-Leonora-Carrington/dp/1878972197
endclothing.com/us/inverallan-1a-cable-crew-1a-cc-blk.html
llbean.com/llb/shop/43324?page=commando-sweater-crewneck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you think im gonna go count my clothes rn?

a lot but i only wear a few

I lost practically all my clothes during Harvey, since then I've bought about three jeans, three long sleeves, two jackets, one dress shirt, one button up, one pair of slacks, one tie, nine shirts and maybe seven to eight pairs of socks and boxers/boxerbriefs.

Oh I forgot, a pair of Merrells, Adidas, some running shoes and deadlift slippers. and two sweatpants.

[OP here] The reason i made this post is because I want to throw a bunch of my old clothes out, but I’m autistic and I don’t know what a “normal” amount of clothes is to have.

>How many items are in your wardrobe?

Not many. I've minimized my possessions to a pretty bare-bones level, not counting the vinyl I've been collecting since childhood. I share a storage unit with a friend though, and so none of that is actually with me or anything. I've got a collection of Chagall posters from the forties and fifties my Grandma gave me, along with a large number of super-vintage original art prints from the twenties and thirties and forties, as well as a few from before and after that period. I can fit them all in a big flat art bag I have, also old as can be. I have some extremely good boots, a pair of old Vans, a really nice sweater, three fantastic jackets, some button downs, tees, etc.

And I have a small collection of vital books, which I continuously read and study.

Sounds like a lot of stuff, but it really isn't. I can fit everything in two bags, plus the art bag makes three. And that's it. Also, in a day or so I'm gonna give away the warmest of the jackets to a needy friend with killer taste, who just had virtually everything in his apartment stolen by some scum bag burglar. Poor guy'll be freezing his balls off 'til tomorrow when we connect.

>op asks about wardrobe
>user talks about all possessions, skims wardrobe with “etc”

So how long have you been into minimalism?

Enough to fill a 6x8ft walk-in closet.

it's just easier if you move around a lot. i don't really like or use the word 'minimalism" though

ppl say i look like lou reed because of this artwork =/

One of my weaknesses is keeping all my clothes, even if I don't wear that shit, I just can't give/throw it away. In my defense, all fashions cycle back!
I am embarassed and in denial concerning the amount of apparel/accesories I have (in multiple locations). Its a sickness. And its selfish bc someone else could get much better use out of those things. I am genuinely sorry.

40 pairs of shoes,
34 pairs of pants
5 pairs of raw denim in different stages of their fade.
32 tops - mostly buttoned or zippered light field shirts, all of it pretty lunarish
12 outer coats, mostly PRPS, but also including Rick Owens, Apha Industries, Religion, Atelier, Gstar and several reworked military garments from units around the world, dating back to 1953.

Oh, you're right of course, but the "etc." part just referred to a stack of Dickies and socks and boxers. I really don't own own too many clothes at all, but a lot of what I DO have is super nice and high quality. Not talking about "minimalism" or whatever, just an honest description.

What books do you have? Sorry, somewhat unrelated for this board but I'm curious

why would you ask that
sick shirt though

this was during his drugged-out glam era
do you wear eyeliner too

2many
like 7 pairs of shoes
bunch of tees, though I only use like 6 of them
3 ls tees
3 knits
hoodie & sweatshirt
5 pairs of pants
6 jackets
Feel like the jacket situation especially is out of hands but then I live in a climate where I pretty much need at least 3 jackets to start with
and I have hobbies that demand specific kinda jackets so the number gets bloated

2 Closets full, but if I had to estimate:

40ish pairs of shoes (mostly sneakers, no Nikes of Jordans)
A dozen or so shorts and pants
A dozen pairs of denim
Around 100-120 t-shits
A handful of baseball tees
Around 30 button ups (mostly flannels)
A dozen and a half sweaters (mostly sweatshirts)
About a dozen jackets
200+ hats (mostly caps)
About 50 bracelets
A dozen or so necklaces

And I probably regret buying about 1% of it (and maybe about 10% of the caps)

4x tshirts (all from gu strangely)
1x jogging pant
1x pant
1x tracksuit room pants
4x cotton boxers
8x individual ankle socks
1x sweater
1x coat
1x pair of sneakers

I live out of a 20l backpack (travel-as-lifestyle) so probably less than some.

just out of curiosity, how often do you do laundry? or how many times do you wear a garment before washing it etc

why have shit you don't wear lol, sell it or donate it dude.

pants, sweaters, coats can go for weeks, shirts once or twice. Socks once. Boxers... it can really vary, but once or twice.

If I stay in a hostel then I only wear boxers/shirts once because they always have laundry services nearby. If I rent an apartment, then I stretch it out. But I usually hang out indoors, it's not like I hike or get sweaty so my clothes don't really get dirty fast.

>What books do you have? Sorry, somewhat unrelated for this board but I'm curious

I would love to be highly specific if you wanted a list of wonderful books, friendo! But generally: poetry, literature, Epicurus and the other Stoics, comparative religion, and just an assortment of oddball stuff impossible to easily classify. Writing is a hobby, and reading is a passion. But user, may I please be so bold as to offer up a few examples of what I meant by the word VITAL earlier? A couple poems for you, my effay friendo:

The Dunce, by Jacques Prévert:

parolesinenglish.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/the-dunce/

The Holy War, by René Daumal:

gurdjieff.org/daumal1.htm

And please, PLEASE, do yourself a gigantic favor and obtain this wonderful novel immediately and all costs. Trust me, novels don't get any funnier or more effay or more life affirming than The Hearing Trumpet!:

amazon.com/Hearing-Trumpet-Leonora-Carrington/dp/1878972197

Something tells me I would really like you in real life user; it's just a feeling I have.

Jacques was more than a little effay, by the way. Funny and smart and full of wisdom, sadness and laughter, too.

Epicurus wasn't a stoic, neither has his work survived apart from some letters and fragments. I love prevert tho

5 pairs of shoes
4 coats
2 hoodies
7 flannels (more than I'd ever actually need)
7 sweaters
11 tees/long sleeves
8 pairs of pants
7 button up shirts
I wear all most all of these regularly.
about 5-7 I rarely wear
I just donate the garbage I don't wear to my family members

w2c sweater?

Kek'd....... You're right, obviously....... I meant to say Epictetus. Sorry man, I'm kinda buzzed at the moment. Stupid mistake on my part.

>w2c sweater?

It's pricey as shit, but the quality is out of this world. I plan on wearing on it 'til I die, and if it ever tears or develops holes twenty years from now, which I strongly, STRONGLY doubt, well then it'll be "distressed" black sweater. Like I said, it's obnoxiously expensive, but without any question it's worth it:

endclothing.com/us/inverallan-1a-cable-crew-1a-cc-blk.html

14 dress shirts. Six light blue, four white, four others.
Six trousers. One pair of jeans, four dark chinos, one khaki chino.
Three t-shirts.
Three sweaters.
One blazer.
One suit.
Loads of black socks and black boxer briefs.

I should get rid of a few dress shirts and get another suit, but all my money is going somewhere else at the moment.

Oh and one pair of sweat pants and one hoodie

tfw too poor
oh well, thanks for the reply

Yeah, I know the feeling well actually. Maybe consider this one? It's nice and thick and heavy:

llbean.com/llb/shop/43324?page=commando-sweater-crewneck

desu that's not a bad price for a sweater, I thought it'd be like $600

>40 pairs of shoes
what the heck, why, are you a collector

2 thick wool sweaters, roll neck and a breton shirt
3 lighter merino roll necks
~15 t shirts
3 button ups i rarely wear
5 trousers, 4 wool, 1 corduroy, all pleated except one pair of woolens
4 coats/jackets, duffle coat, donkey jacket, french style work jacket and a some shitty bomber
2 suits
+boxer-briefs and socks

Mostly in black, grey and navy, though at least half of my T shirts are white. Duffle coat is green and one of the turtlenecks is burgundy.

Anyone know w2c his shirt? Thanks!

back to redd.iittt big guy

Yep.

Oh man, I swear to god, if you can afford it definitely buy one. I had no idea sweaters could even be so nice and comfy and great looking. And it looks 10,000 times better than it does on that fucking model. Which if anything is an understatement. Honest user, grab one and see for yourself, and if you don't love it just return it for free and get all your money back. They have pricey stuff, but it is a legit good and reliable company (which I have no connection to whatsoever, by the way). I made a return once and it was super easy and fast.......

Hi there, now just a warning (respecting your space) because you are a girl people might try and make misogynistic comments. Just giving you a heads up (nice guy here lol) You are very beautiful though. Are you single?

I am now. Some asshole tripfag fucked the shit out of me and ghosted me. I'm average girl, you don't have to be nice.

wat do heck

do we need to count individual socks

this is dumb

Alright post dat contact lets do this

Uhh I have 2 pairs of pants, 6 boxers, 10? shirts and uhh 15 socks. 1 pair of boots. Nothing else yay poverty

I also have 5 back packs. One from Raf Simons (I got in a bidding war on ebay with some Veeky Forums kid and lost, but the seller was in nyc so I mailed him and said "I'll throw in an extra 50 and you'll have cash in hand, no shipping, public handoff"... After I copped it the Veeky Forumsg who'd outbid me went on a rant here), one from Atelier, one from Mission Workshop (Arkiv with all modules), one from Chrome, two from Maxpedition, one that's used by the NYC SWAT units and one from Vietnam.

shit, that's 8

I'm sure you can wear some of my shit, there's plenty.

I probably wear around 20-25 different pieces each month.

is.........that a phone number? What in fuck dude dont you have like kik or discord like a normal person?

Cell. My connection for wifi is BS right now

It's a burner, so call - it don't get text

>call an user
>from fucking Veeky Forums
>on their phone
dude the amount of spaghetti we'd both spill is insane this is crazy. Dude what the fuck. Listen I'll text you and we'll go from there.

I won't get it
I don't have spaghetti issues, I'm not a maladjusted ball of social anxiety. I'll walk you through it, if you want.

well shit., I already sent a text. Its not that I dont have a problem with being social its that I have a problem randomly calling somebody I've never talked to before and hardly if at all know. What the fuck would I say
"ay yo bby holla at you slide into my DMs and send noods like a spaghetties my dude"

Is this really you? More? If so, I'll call you, you are pretty hot.

Just do it. You don't need to know what's gonna happen EVER unless it's gonna leave you broke dead or in jail. Roll with life.

Yeah I'm uhh I'm not gonna call you. Why the hell do you have so many shoes but no real phone or anything? Also if you don't live anywhere near kansas this aint gonna work anyways.

How many Ritalin have you snorted today?

sad
unrelated blog post
Vomit
Not bad
Suicide required

Your loss.

>Veeky Forums oh Veeky Forums, why can't I have a qt GF?

Because you afraid of dumb shit

And my shoes? it's known as not being poor.

Like i said if you dont live near kansas anyways then it couldnt work out. Also 602 = arizona right? Thanks for the out of state carry permit arizona.

Oh hallo thar seethart.

My name is Cecil from Seattle. I am interested in you. Here is me just in casual dress, nothing fancy.

Look.

I'm just a dude trying to trick you in to calling a number connected to a recording that'd give you an earful about why you shouldn't approach women the way you just did.

Your basic idea is sound, but the overtones in your approach are warning flags. You need subtlety, an elegant approach and time with a person online before you even get to ask that first question.

Understand that women grow up HOUNDED by dick left and right and front and center. Every fucking day. Every day. They seen it all.

Your approach has to be conscious of that and respectful of it while NEVER MENTIONING THAT FACT DIRECTLY.

You should also build a more representative identity for yourself, or at least be a vanguard of some sort.

Women like confidence and competence and a man who stands apart from the crowd by exemplifying all the little things that are so woefully absent from the rest of the unruly masses. You need to weave a clearer picture of your identity, take a stand on issues and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in addition to exhibiting appealing characteristics with consistency (but never ever mentioning them directly).

This shit ain't gonna work. Maybe I'm being a dick, but I think it's a lesson that once learned would serve the rest of your life. Really, I do.

That person has a penis.

I don't remember there being one. Maybe we're thinking of different thots? Or maybe I'm just fuxxing with the likes of

and

enfants riches deprimes

>obnoxiously expensive
>$279
I was expecting like 2 grand or something like that.
Any basic sweater not made in china cost that.

Because of this thread, I went thru my closet this morning.
Found some things I forgot I even had.

9 pairs of boots
4 pairs of sneakers
2 pairs of dress shoes
2 pairs of bike shoes

60+ short/long-sleeve t-shirts (I stopped counting)

16 jeans/chinos
2 shorts
2 swim shorts

3 suits
5 dress shirts
2 other dress pants
11 button-up shirts
5 sportcoats/blazers

3 bomber jackets
8 light-weight sweaters/sweatshirts
1 field coat
2 overcoats

2 drawers full of socks/underwear
3 drawers full of athletic clothing
5 ties
6 belts
7 watches
3 wallets

There's nothing like good wool sweaters-- I cop'd one at the thrift for $30-- retail is $275. McDonald Critter Wool. I wear it hiking in the winter.

nah. he's a 30 year old freak who posts pictures of his exes

only the shitty ones, k?

i dont have a wardrobe, i have two wash baskets one for clean clothes and one for dirty clothes, everything else just gets dumped on the floor

w2c pants

There is a nexus of veins directly behind the center of the human eye, and so I just shoot up heroin into my eyeball. I avoid snorting ritalin tho, 'cos that shit's not safe homie.

I dunno, I guess you guys are right, but two grand just sounds insane to me. And don't forget, too, there are both teenagers working at pizza restaurants on Veeky Forums, as well as young engineers working at Boeing and Lockheed Martin and places like that on here. So three hundred dollars is a lot to some people, whereas others spend that much on socks every six months. It WAS pretty expensive for me, but then again, I wouldn't hesitate spending a lot more than that on certain things and just living on rice for a week. I'm not saying there's any wisdom in doing that, but it's the kind of thing I do once a year or so, or every once in a blue moon.

damn, thank you for replying so comprehensively, this is going to keep me busy for a little while (!)