How come every girl on my campus has one of these?

How come every girl on my campus has one of these?

The same reason every girl was obsessed with caramel macchiatos from Starbucks before: they're basic bitches with no personality or semblance of style on their own; the equivalent to male fuccbois/hypebeasts. Girls have a heard mentality and just buy what they're told and follow what other girls are doing, so they all have iPhones, black leggings, addidas superstars, chokers, et al

>Still going to college in 2018

they're pretty cute, they're not too pricey, they're functional. pretty obvious desu

Not all of us are intelligent enough to drop out

I don't understand when the whole square shaped backpack craze started. If you go to the backpack thread going on now, you will notice a lot of the bags being posted are square shaped. This is just another variety of this meme.
I have,been told that squared shaped backpacks are just a better design and holds more stuff without looking cluncky. Is this true?

books are square
people usually put books inside backpacks
sounds functional to me

This is basically the girl version of a jansport. It’s no different than Herschel. Really tho, there’s no reason to get worked up over a backpack.

I don't disagree that Hershel, a brand once loved by fuccbois, is the male version of this backpack (or at less was, as I've seen effeminate soyboys wearing this memebag too)

It's the "Wes Anderson's Entire Filmography" of backpacks.

Well, then I guess this is the answer to OP's question thenThey are functional and compact so they don't look or feel clunky, which girls hate because it isn't cute plus they have weak slender and shoulders. Can we end this thread now before it turns into another "women are stupid" thread?

Daddy bought it for her.

weak and slender shoulders*
my bad.

What did she have to do for daddy for him to agree to buy her that?

Because you live in Vancouver.

Female user here. I liked this bag during high school. I just didn't have the income to afford it at the time. Admittedly they are quite trendy right now and you can find them at a high end department store at the mall near my house. But I was glad that I didn't have to pay a nasty shipping fee to get one.

Fjällräven kånken seems to always have been the backpack of choice for girls where I live. It's just a cute and practical backpack so it makes sense.

They literally sell them in the bookstore on my campus

Women are stupid.

They're communists.

It's semi-indie and cooler than regular backpacks

This is prob the most accurate answer.