I just watched a documentary about those collapsed factories and workers in bangladesh

I just watched a documentary about those collapsed factories and workers in bangladesh,
Which fashion brand produces their stuff in their home countries exclusively?
I don't want blood on my hands.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BfVvXjY50OY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ive heard nike are pretty ethical these days

A lot of them. Just look into the brand before you buy from them if it bothers you that much

Huffington post (I know, I know) wrote an awesome article about two years ago covering that subject
The top brands aren't the ones to worry about, like h&m or uniqlo or Nike
It's the mid tier brands that don't have enough people overseeing things to blow the whistle
Russell athletics is an absolute no go brand for me, just to name an example.

lol retard do you realise it's not just your clothing but literally everything you own that's made overseas

But sort of, i don't get why these brands get so much shit, they just want cheap workforce, the shithole countries' government is supposed to take care about how their people are treated?
those 40 dollars a month go a long way in bangladesh.

Says the garment industry's lobbyists lol
Theres forced overtime, some people have their passports taken away by their employers so that they can't quit even if working conditions are terrible, and who would want to make 50 bucks a month if they could make 20x as much by working through an agency, like as a foodservice worker in Kuwait / Qatar

Kek. Too late

>which fashion brand produces their stuff in their home countries exclusively?
>nike
Hope you were trying to bait

>produces stuff in their home countries exclusively
Probably zero desu, although most companies do special editions that are produced in their home countries.

Any brand that is made by Martin greenfield.

Thom browne etc sweaters cardigans and shoes are excluded

Absolutely shit tons of brands
>www.usalovelist.com/list
>www.acontinuouslean.com/the-american-list
>well-spent.com
For instance right now I'm wearing
>Danner boots (USA)
>Wigwam socks (USA)
>Vermont Flannel Co shirt (USA sewn, Portuguese fabric)
>Kennedy of Ardara sweater (Ireland)
>Dearborn Denim jeans (USA)
>Pact boxers (India, fair trade, which is mostly bullshit but better than nothing)
Quit buying chinkshit

>posted from chinkmade device

Korean*
Albeit full of chinese microprocessors 'n' shit

Isn't this nearly unavoidable? With the way certain fabrics are sourced and made you're going to have to buy clothes and materials that come from poorer countries with some dubious work conditions. That's just the nature of production and trade.

Umm no sweetie mid-tier brands typically produce in their home country........ what are you uhh describing as mid-tier?!?

Moto X was made in usa for shit pay

Look at a list of top selling clothing companies
The ones in 30th-50th place are all using sweatshops

I don’t know what you’re saying, mass market shit is not “mid-tier”
Mid-tier is mostly sold in small boutiques

Pretty much everything from Sportsdirect lol

Ethical consumption in late capitalism is a myth, everyone has blood on their hands. Want to clear your conscience? Try doing some active charity/help people beyond spending an extra $10 on your tshirts.

>lol ethical consumption is a myth
>lol I have no choice, it's not my fault, it's the nature of production
>continues to personally benefit from slave labor
>continues to watch local businesses collapse
Convenient!

>Which fashion brand produces their stuff in their home countries exclusively?
None of them. Oh, Americana Japanese brands probably do.

youtu.be/BfVvXjY50OY
I'm not a big fan of trad, but those clothing companies are awesome for putting so much effort into their product

just make your own clothes from wool you get from sheep you keep on your pastures my dude
also get your own fucking water, don't have the government putting shit in it

just thrift

If you own shit you didn't make yourself, well... there is no way to be sure

And you quite probably already have blood on your hands, welcome to "we don't give a shit-land" aka taiwan and shit

What are you trying to say user? Do you sheer you own sheep, make your own dyes, pick your own cotton, harvest your own silk worms, tan your own leather, and sew all of it into fashionable pieces of clothes, or know anyone that does these things? How much do you pay for a pair of pants or shoes from these artisan tailors and cobblers?

the fashion industry is fucking horrible dude if we're talking ethics. even if you pay attention to the "made in" tag, it doesn't necessarily mean it was all made there. The "made in" only applies to where the garment was assembled last, so you could have the majority of it produced in one country but then the finishing done in a more "ethical" country. Just buy shit second hand and buy from smaller brand that are very transparent about production

I know you're baiting but I'm going to point out your irony's points

>Well if you didn't make those clothes that are from a reliably responsible and investigated brand, you can't be really sure they're weren't made tyrannically
>And if you can be sure, well then you probably own something that isn't, even if it's just one item that was a gift or that you bought years before you knew responsible buying was a thing
>And if you don't even one one if those, I bet at some point in your life you've soiled an dangerously outsourced diaper or stepped on a bug
>so really, no matter what, your morality is ruined and there's no point but actively choosing to make the world a much shittier place.

I do this but I grow my own animal feed with tools I fashioned myself our of ores I mind with a pick manufactured in a sweatshop in China so really it's just as bad as wearing clothes made from passportless $0.10/hour workers by other similarly situationed slaves.

>assembled
>made
Pick one.

Right answer here. All you need to worry about then are undergarments

>he doesn't make his own clothes from materials hes grown/cultivated

this and also grow your own food (don't fucking buy the seeds from some corporation) and get your own water from deep below the ground

>He doesn't get his water fresh from the source