---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5HRY4LUl5lc
youtu.be/Kcapwjeo9hk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wtf I love Eros now

After 2h wearing Sauvage, the fragrance becomes kinda dirty and heavy on my skin. This would be a better alternative?

What are you looking for exactly? Any specific notes? Casual, dressy? Versatility? Summer winter etc.?

What are the top 5 no-fail fragrances? I don't want to be a perfume nerd I just want to wear something attractive and good day to day.

>Allure Homme Sport
smells generic lemon spritz
>Bleu De Chanel
I don't like the feminine powdery characteristic it has
>Prada L'homme
generic
>D&G The One EDP
I had The One and the performance was non-existent. It last one(lol) minute.
>Valentino Uomo Intense/Dior Homme Intense
makeup bag smell

VPH
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon

A more mature, summer fragrance that have the same appeal to females.

>VPH
weak performance. generic citrus

>Dylan Blue
smells like rotten oranges mixed with crotch sweat

For me it’s
Versace blue jeans
Issey miyake
Boss soul
And joop go

I have others but these seem to be the ones a gravitate towards the most.

VPH doesn't last long but is still great. Dylan Blue is trash but I wasn't talking about that.
youtube.com/watch?v=5HRY4LUl5lc

Are you me?

Is Individuel the grown up, more daytime and spring/autumn friendly version of Joop homme?
I like the sweetness of Joop once in a while but its too strong to wear unless its a very casual ocassion

Look what I picked up for 70 euros lads. As far as my nose can tell it's legit.

>stubby R
user I.....

just kidding

That's fake. Just buy individuel. Smells the same lol.

What’s your Veeky Forums style user? Would be freaky if our taste in cologne continued on into our dress sense

My Veeky Forums style tends to be palewave in the spring/ summer, then either comfycore or a milsurp esque style when it gets colder. A few cosplay style pieces here and there like jackets or shoes that go with the style I put out.

>bought PV X Batch last xmas
>almost feb
>still not here

Email them, lad.

SAUVAGE

How?

Eros and Invictus are both confidant, mature scents suitable for any young entrepreneur.

Kek

That's my waifu.

Just ordered Eros and SF F Black

Already know Eros is a beast but how's the SF? I mean it's cheap but the reviews are pretty solid for it.

Damn Jubilation 25 is starting to grow on me after ~5 tries. Or maybe thats because I wanted to like it. Was planning on buying one or a few bottles in like 2-3 months depending on how high/low BTC/my portfolio will be. Got my eyes on Herod Habdan and J25. Anyone got some recs to check out?

Find someone selling it for that price and buy it before someone else grabs it I guess.

I’m down with the palewave for summer done with skater brands though, im the generic 00s type in Veeky Forums. Don’t mind experimenting occasionally but I’m comfy in the threads I wear. Good choice on the colognes senpai!

Guys, the newer versions of Fahrenheit have good performance?

to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Dior Fahrenheit. The scent is extremely avant-garde, and without a solid grasp of theoretical perfumery, most of the notes will go over a typical wearer's head.

Maybe give 4160 Tuesdays Eau My Soul a go. Very nice sandalwood/incense with some subtle sweetness.

Actually just ordered bottles of Dark Heart of Old Havana and Centrepiece, as well as a bunch of other samples. Really impressed with the house so far.

I have a 2017 bottle, no problems here.

I tested one time at Sephora, I don't like the opening but the drydown it's amazing.

i used to think it was something unique until lynx bought out their peace line. Smells exactly the same as farenheit albeit in a weaker form, might cop some now, not had non since the 90s

I have read this exact words a couple of times, is it a meme?

What happened to her? I enjoyed her videos.

No sir, I would never engage in such wanton memery.

so far

It's powdery sauvage with half the longevity

Whats the second one on the left? I know is parfums de marly

Is Armaf Tres Nuit any good? I was thinking on getting that one or Cool Water once I end my Guerlain L´Homme Ideal for everyday use

Very nice

Didn't notice anything special for SF.

herod.

It's a copy of green irish tweed. Basically i smelled all creed fragrances and I was let down by most of them. The one that stood out was GIT as being a perfect scent. I think I might be an outlier thou because I'm severely unimpressed by aventus, I also had a decant of GIT and no girl would compliment me and a guy told me I smell like some aftershave he had. It's better suited for office wear, not for special occasions

Tres nuit is the closest thing you can get to GIT witout paying the huge price

GIT is for stuffy 40-50+ men. It was made for Cary Grant, you know.

Have you even fucking smelled it? it doesn't smell old at all, it's has the same vibe as bdc as an example.

also I wouldn't listen to creeds marketing department for anything except on how to write fiction.

It’s a meme, you dip!

Rasasi Egra is superior to Tres Nuit in every way except for availability / distribution.

I've been looking for GIT alternative. Never heard of Rasasi Egra but thanks for the info.

how much will fragrance help me get laid?

like what is the chance that someone will compliment my fragrance over my shirt or whatever

some would say that your look doesn't matter as long as you smell nice

The redpill on compliment getters fragrances:
youtu.be/Kcapwjeo9hk

100% accurate.

Jeremy would get compliments if he smelled like stale ass because he’s good looking. Also definitely has the Virgin Chad insecurity going.

What an excellent fragrance with shit longevity. It basically goes through everything it has to say in a few hours but man what a few hours.

>herod
>similar to git in any way
Are you a fuckin retard?

He was talking about Tres Nuit. You don’t read so good, do ya?

Opinions on Reflection Man? I may try a sample since it fits the bill on what I'd like for work or casual wear

It smells nice and inoffensive, but I feel like it's way too feminine.

I don’t find Reflection feminine at all, personally.

I'm sure what they're saying is on the money but terrible presentation. To save everyone else the horror of watching this 18 min video that could be summarized in a short point form list, I shall watch the entire vid and summarize

-fragrance will get your compliments when people are looking to compliment you or start a convo, but otherwise is not a magical pantry dropping aphrodisiac
-even if they fucking love your scent they will JUST love your scent, not you

In short, it's like any other accessory. If you have a really well coordinated outfit that's as a whole appropriate for your personality, persona, and your social event it's cool, but people aren't going to go "oh that's a nice belt, wanna fuck?"

I'm obsessed with it, favourite frag of all time.

Check whether you're getting a made in Oman or UK bottle though. UK formulation is softer and smells better imo but the made in Oman lasts longer and is heavier on the masculine notes.

Thanks for that user.

I will disagree to a small extent, smelling nice can really help a lot more than most individual things will but yes it isn't a magic pussy attracting juice like some claim. And the variances between them aren't that great, anything that's mass appealing will do the same as any other mass appealing frag.

>Canadian cucks lol

As someone who's lived in Toronto but now living in Barcelona. Toronto girls are just boring. They wouldn't know the difference between something like Valentino Uomo and Axe.
what a complete waste of 2 minutes (that's when I exited that garbage video).

S.

Goddamn, ain’t that the truth. I hate this fucking city so much. You hear dipshits throw around the term “basic bitch”, and as much as I hate it, Toronto girls are the most basic of basic bitches. Such horrible, boring, stuck up cunts. I don’t even try to date here anymore. It’s not worth the effort.

I’ve travelled all over and Toronto has by far the worst women I’ve ever met. I’m not even a fedora-tipping “nice guy” faggot, I mostly love women. I just hate the awful bitches here.

Most white Toronto girls are absolute dogshit. The Chinese girls here arent too bad and if you're into it, then the whitewashed ones are just better than actually white girls here.

What are girls like in Barcelona?

Kek
Tres nuit is awesome, I got it last week. Fresh spicy showergel smell similar to Axe Apollo. I haven't had Tres Nuit long enough to gauge compliments but when I used to have the Axe Apollo deodorant stick some girl said i smelled like a very expensive cologne she knew. So maybe she thought I was wearing GIT lol

I have to disagree. I find most of the Asian girls here to be incredibly materialistic and boring. They’re basically all the same girl.

Just my experience.

Depends how drunk the other person is. It's a good convo starter if they compliment the smell at least.

anyone think tom ford's vanilla fatale smells a bit too feminine of a smell for men?? i love the smell so much though.

Hey guys I have an opportunity to trade Man In Black for Bvlgari Aqva. The fresh frags I have are Versace Pour Homme, Man Eau Fraiche, Allure Homme Sport, and Nautica Voyage. The first 3 are pretty similar and I'm looking for something new for warm weather. Is Aqva different enough to add something new and different to my collection?

It will help you if your opposite likes you. It will do nothing for you if they don't

Is Armaf Club De Nuit Intense for woman really have the same feeling or tone of TF Noir de Noir, or it's just a bad chemical copycat roughly resembling NdN but doesn't have the charm of NdN?

I like it, the only armaf I like. Though I really had to let it air out a bit. At first the rose was so overpowering I couldn't smell anything else and it felt like some bugspray.

What do you mean 'air out a bit'? I really like the dry down but I agree the rose is very heavy at the start. How much do you spray? I went OP the other night at drinks with 5 sprays and I could smell myself all night

Love AHS, thought I would love AHSEE even more but I guess I don't like Tonka. Geir Ness is said to be similar to AHSEE but no Tonka is listed, any insight?

this shit only lasted an hour for me. I have one of the other ones that lasts a few hours but I don't like it quite as much.

The girls in Barcelona are great. I'm actually still dating my Toronto gf who is Serbian and far far far from the basicness of other Toronto girls.

But ya to stay on topic. Last weekend I went skiing with my gf actually we went to St. Moritz. Anyway I brought Spicebomb Extreme with me and Valentino Uomo Intense. And my gf couldn't stop telling me how good I smell. Also had 4 other compliments in the span of 2-3 days (3 from girls, 1 from a guy).

Europeans are much more open when it comes to this stuff. So ya don't listen to those 2 depressed Toronto cases in that video and keep buying and enjoying frags.

Decided to pull the trigger and buy it before they run out of stock like they always do.

I mean that after I used like 10ml the scent changed and the overpowering rose turned down tremendously and I actually got the other notes from the beginning till drydown. Maybe it's broscience or just my nose got used to rose but you hear other people say scents change after a while.

To what occasion would you guys wear Tom Ford Oud Wood

When I feel like wearing TF Oud Wood. Unironically

Good one. I mean it's pretty dressy wouldn't you say? I want to buy it but I feel like I'd only use it for dressy nights out type a thing. Which is fine. Buy just wondering if you guys ever rock it more casual.

I only use it for nights out

My advice isn't going to do you any good then because I'd genuinely wear "dressy" frags like that casually, whenever I feel like it. I like smelling good for myself throughout the day though, maybe that's just me.

Plus, if i get compliments it's a happy bonus. Who cares if people privately think it's too dressy etc?

>1. What's your most recent purchase?

Pic related for me. It's amazing.

>2. What's going to be your next purchase?

Probably Viktor &Rolf Spicebomb Extreme

>3. How many frags do you have right now?

Only about 30. Would take a pic of them all but they aren't all with me rn.

Pic related for me. It's amazing.

Parfums de Marly Oajan

1. Technically 4160 Tuesdays Dark Heart of Old Havana and Centrepiece, but they haven’t come yet, so Eau My Soul. Love it, been wearing it almost every day since I got it, which is unusual for me. Just such a comforting, relaxing scent.

2. Dunno yet. Still have two bottles in the mail, so my next purchase will be a ways off. Got some samples of some more 4160 Tuesdays scents, a couple Slumberhouse scents, Rock Rose, and Shihan coming too. I’ll see if there’s anything in there I like enough to purchase.

3. Also sitting at around 30 right now, but it’s mostly expensive/niche stuff. Creed, Amouage, Roja, Xerjoff, Kilian, etc. I don’t buy bottles that often, usually a big purchase every few months.

So I think I've found out why some people have shitty longevity with WW, probably because of how you store the bottle.

I was losing longevity with it (was getting average of 2hrs) and I thought maybe because I store it lying down due to the shape of the bottle. Recently I tried storing it straight upward and it went back to 8hrs longevity.

Also using moisturizer before spraying helps.

All this might just be broscience but hey, it works for me.

>tfw spicebomb extreme is near impossible to find in canada
>don't want to resort to ebay because jews

What do you guys think of Bottega Veneta Pour Homme? Is it suitable for spring?

I think it's real easy to get caught up in the whole specific occasion thing. I did that when I relied on fragranctica to tell me all about frags, but just because it's a night time or a formal fragrance doesn't necessarily mean you can't wear thongs whenever. I think the only thing you need is confidence. I really only adhere to the warm vs cold weather thing. That being said, there are fragrances that I still don't wear casually OFTEN for those occasion associations, but I think as long as you just keep those high projecting frags to two spritz then you won't really run into a problem.

I mean maybe, I just used a decant of it though so idk if that's it

what's yalls favorite drag under 25?
just curious, as a poorfag

Rasasi Dareej

Pic related is technically my newest bottle, though I also recently copped Zegna Javanese Patchouli which is very pleasing.

Probably going to order Peruvian Ambrette and/or Haitian Vetiver from the Zegna niche line. Also looking at M7 Oud as it's available for under $40 on fragnet.

About 175 now.

L'eau Par Kenzo PH seems to be a soft, Japanese scent that would suit me in the summer.
I worry though given on fragrantica its listed as more green than floral, the lotus flower and yuzu combo in L'eau D'Issey is something I already have and that suits me just fine... But I love how soft lotus is on me, adding depth to the citrus

Why is this considered a good fragrance? It smells like a cleaner Irish Spring which still makes it smell like Irish Spring.

It was extremely revolutionary when it came out because it added feminine notes to a masculine fragance, its a great combination of freshness and sweetness and it smells great after 2-3h

DHS 2012 but I am not sure you can get it at that price anymore. I will say Zara 9.0 and Zara frags in general.

For me it's Joop Black Prince and Gucci Guilty atm