Your Most Expensive Mistakes

what are they? What did you buy for tons of money that you never wear?

NewZealand customs charged me 200 dollars in duty when i bought a 500 dollar pair of pants.
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

When I was like 16 I dropped about $200 on a leather jacket. I don't know what I was thinking. Its now sitting in a closet at my parents house.

i got hit with 500 in nz tax for a pair of boots i dont wear

I bought one genuine Sheerling trucker tricked out thick winter coat with detachable hood everything for over a grand in Brown, and another grand or so Brown Double Rider Racer in one transaction, and they became too big for me over a span of the next year, as I lost the Veeky Forums muscle mass I had gained to fit them in the firs tplace. Trust Fund money combines with Veeky Forums. Fucks you over. Wish I had invested that in Bitcoin.

decided i was going to get into techwear and bought some nike acg shit, spent like 600 dollars. got over myself and decided it wasn't me after like a week and felt like a dumbass

Bape Hoodie.

Looks like something from aliexpress

Yeezys. I guess I like owning them as a Kanye fan and as a grail, but I very-rarely wear them. Glad I only paid retail though.

Pair of chelsea boots I didn't care for properly. A year later and they're completely trashed.

>Glad I only paid retail though

geobaskets when they were the thing to have back in 2009-2010
only wore them once, sold them on ebay and made back 85% within a week of purchase

i still wear rick and carol on a daily basis, but personal steeze takes awhile to actually refine so back then it was a worthwhile mistake that paid off fast

yeezys only cost 200 bucks at footlocker, you broke nigga? lmao

All the hype(d) sneakers I bought in the wrong size.

I spent 80 pounds or so on a military jacket sorta like pic related on a trip to London
It don't even fit me properly...
I was a teen and I wanted to be like Julian Casablancas

are you asian?

Spending 300 dollars on black clothing, an m-65 field jacket, some tactical pants, and tons of t shirts. The T-Shirts are the only thing I wear now and the pants were much more autistic looking in person than they appeared in the photos so now I have black tactical pants that I never wear.

can i buy it off you lol

Gosha Rubchinskiy camper shoes

Superstars in clay suede like 2 + years ago

fell for the palewave meme wgen i was new to fa, they were too clunky and they got permanently stained by my jeans

A 300$ waited vest

Jesus Christ. How do you people drop upwards of $500 on random shit that you haven’t even necessarily tried on? My parents are well off and I’ve been living at home while working for my first year, so I’ve got about $40,000 in savings. But I would never consider spending more than $300 on almost anything other than a outerwear thick jacket. Maybe a pair of leather shoes if I tried them on. A decent suit will run you at least $500 but come on.

I never buy anything where i can't return them, but sometimes you end up using them thinking they're good and later find out what mistake you made.

€500 leather jacket (rrp was quite higher, got it on clearance sale).

To this day I still find it gorgeous but it simply does not match my style. Must have worn it like 10 times, including 0 in the past two years. Can't really resell it because the brand is not well known overseas and because I had to have it altered a bit.

It’s been a long and painful road. Let’s see...

Linen short sleeve shirts in purple and lime green

A Paul Smith Mainline jacket that I’ve worn twice.

I tried to sell it but couldn’t get any bites for it.

It sits there in my closet, reminding me that I once had a job that would let me buy all the clothes I want now, but I was too stupid to make good decisions then.

harness wyatts at retail. sold them for $800

I want this

Don't really have any guess I'm lucky
Bough some stuff in sizes that ended up not working for me but never took massive losses with those, made profit couple of times even.
Bought a shirt and belt from H&M like 3 years ago though and unsurprisngly both were shit, that's the biggest I would say cause I was well aware H&M is shit but bought them anyway. Haven't touched fast fashion since.

cause I only buy shit like this if I know I can flip it for even more in case I don't want it

>Haven't touched fast fashion since.
Out of curiosity, where do you exclusively shop now?

I don't shop 'exclusively' anywhere I don't think
Ebay & grailed and end of season sales is where I've bought my wardrobe, some stuff is thrifted, some I have made
I have most things my wardrobe 'needs' I feel like so for the most part now I'm just waiting for my grails I want to pop up

Oh an actually I have to mention, I did recently buy a fleece jacket that I kinda regret, not because it doesn't see use or was too expensive but because it's 100% polyester and it's basically poison for environment, as if fashion industry wasn't bad enough with all the excess and bad practices.

As a Kanye fan I really want to buy some yeezys but I only really like the military boots and I don't think they go with my style at all. Oh well

Hello SA user

Yes. And I still hate wearing it. I get complimented for wearing trash.

I only made one mistake. I bough a shitty $100 winter blazer jacket from the mall. At the time I'd just gotten my first job and had money to burn and told myself "I'd wear it to something special". I will never wear it in my life, it's still in my closet.

what's the brand

I feel the exact same, I literally hate wearing mine cause I feel like everyone's judging me as hypebeast trash

Why did they charge you

>Your Most Expensive Mistakes
Marriage

pic related
senior year of hs, been trying to sell it for two years and absolutely fucking nothing

my senior year i was seriously considering buying the travis scott bape collab a few years ago. glad i didn't and got out of that world of fashion

100 for tax, 100 for processing fee.
Yea it literally costs money for them to charge you

To be perfectly honest I got so much more attention when I wore it to school, I went from being an unironic kissless virgin to being able to have anyone I wanted, I just knew I looked like an idiot

Bright red Vans vulc 106s.

Tempted to dye them black.

that's how it is with that kind of fashion. supreme and bape make some very nice clothing from time to time, that's going to get a positive view from most people. but i feel like a tool wearing it. moreso bape than supreme

no ya didnt thats how it works buddeh

fucking thieves.

it probably gave him a confidence boost. The jacket is placebo, sure, but the confidence is real.

>As a Kanye fan
Why do people like him? His music is as shit as his personality. I could understand it if he was ironic about his whole image

I've done this so many times.. I have like 3 pairs of jeans that I need fitted. Tfw too lazy to return the shit

Gib photo

Before I started studying I worked and travelled a lot and was even able to save some buck. During this time I was doing shit tons of sport and was really slim and in my perfect shape (209 lbs on 6.4 feet), so I decided to treat myself with a tailor made suit.
Long story short, when I started studying and working i gained weight (up to 238 lbs) and now this beautiful black cashmere suit that I wore maybe 4 times doesn´t fit anymore

Well there is only one solution, fatass.

He's very ironic about his personality in his music. His last 3 albums have been about his life and his mental state have probably had more ironic lyrics than genuine lyrics.

It took me a minute to appreciate him as a person. At first I just appreciated the production.

dont waste your breath with rocktimists. its like talking to a senile old person. peepaw is going to pass away soon enough, no use in it

Aren't you too old to be here?

I'm 22
Got married when i was 21
it was the worst fucking idea i ever had in my entire life and i will regret if fully forever because i used up all the saving i had for traveling through europe

sized up on made in the usa NB998s because my 420s fit quite small. I got them on sale for 90$ but it still feels bad having them sit in my room.

How did it become the worst idea of your life in just a year though, apart from the money?

bought a warm-ass jacket for $125 even though i live in san diego. then i lost weight and now its completely unwearable.

Drinking and driving

My pair of red wing iron rangers of course. I mean they are great and all, but everyone said you needed to size down at least a full american size.

That's fucking stupid though because they don't come with an insole and they have no cushioning at all. After you actually get a decent insole they will be too small if you sized down.

So yeah I kinda love them but I don't use them anymore. Should probably just sell them but it hurts so much.

Also I regret not getting the black model. Brown doesn't really suit the style I like anymore.

Marine corps dress blues

Le wear all black style lmao

A Chanel bag. That shit is made with low quality leather, it started cracking on the sides after one month. I carried it for two fucking days.

Where do you nees that cushion? I feel better walking on shoes with leather and cork insoles and stacked heels

The jacket was already made weather you were going to buy it or not so whutevver I guess

Son, you are not your money. You are just as valuable as you where before it left you, and you can always find more. Please accept your situation as a lesson and seek ways to fix it, you deserve to be happy.

2k for a gucci suit, that shit was trash i own a thrift suit that have better quality.