WHAT IS Veeky Forums's DEAL WITH A KNIFE AS ACCESSORY? IT'S LITERALLY SO AUTISTIC, EVERY OUTFIT-THREAD. STOP

WHAT IS Veeky Forums's DEAL WITH A KNIFE AS ACCESSORY? IT'S LITERALLY SO AUTISTIC, EVERY OUTFIT-THREAD. STOP.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYwd0Wus5Ik
amazon.com/Traditional-Caltagirone-Pocket-Knife-Antonini/dp/B00DTM07UY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You sound exhausted. Chill out a little, I'll take things from here.

Take 1, give 1

thanks for saving the thread, user. Veeky Forums doesn't need any more sperglords sperging out over dumb shit.

these are sick where do you find them

Yeah, folders aren't for everyone, I'm just bracing for the inevitable mallninjas and their spiderco fetish

not bad

meant to answer to youMost traditional folders look decent, some are slicker than others. Just take you time and learn what you like and where it's made, and steer away from designed-in-usa-made-in-china-junk. Look at Italian, British , French and German knife makers for starters.

Limit yourself to functional/utilitarian tools and avoid anything that claims to be survival oriented

Anything after this post will be cheap "heritage" knock-offs or mall ninja murder-tools

except for this one...

... and that one

>STOP

No.

Now this one is badass. Might cop

Nice opinel, I have an old one from my dad, blades tarnished though.

Yeah this drop point blade is much nicer than the more common opinel shape; don't worry about tarnishing, it simply means you have a high carbon steel blade, which sharpens more easily and keeps a better edge, but is susceptible to rust and oxidation. Just rub it with some steel wool or a scotch pad, clean it dry and oil it with anything that won't smell, like mineral oil or olive oil. Natural patina is nicer than the otherwise clean inbox look

Well, only cucklets don't carry a knife. Most of you homos carry dumbass knives though.

Why do people use the 'let' meme wrong? Is this several layers of irony?
really makes me thinklet tobi hannes

wait why are we carrying knives again? is it for self defense

Just like most 'cores' or 'waves' it's a mix between larping, cosplaying and autism. Knifes are basically pocket fedoras. They aren't as cringey though, because you can't see them most of the time.

what? i carry a stiletto knife because i live in a bad neighborhood and i like the look.

i know what you mean tho. i hate when people on Veeky Forums carry lighters but have never smoked in their lives.

Why so serious?

For picking wildflowers, foraging wild edibles, preparing food at lunch and impromptu picnics, for any light use around the house or at the workshop... no big deal really

nobody's asking you to be into it but don't you know that projecting your insecurities on people like that is unhealthy?

You could try your hand at customizing it with a rasp, shaping both blade and handle. Lots of people do it.

cucklet
little cuck; not enough of a cuck?

i carry a lighter because I like gripping something when I have my hands in my pockets and lighters are excellent to grip

get a small wooden rectangle then faggot, dont carry a lighter around if you dont intend on using it

>hey man you gotta light?
>sure
There. Plus maybe you might need it for a fire on the off chance you aren't in an urban area

you don't have to shot, its legal to be a homo now. here, something to calm you down.

youtube.com/watch?v=MYwd0Wus5Ik

You're gonna tell me you're using that condom in your wallet?

knives are not Veeky Forums because they are associated with violence, and violence is not Veeky Forums. just my $0.02

I would consider carrying a small wooden block if I found an aesthetically pleasing one with the right size and texture
lighters are easier to get your hands on, and have practical use now and then

Hey i like my knife, it comes in handy when i go camping, hiking or if i need to cut twine, open boxes etc.
Its a useful tool

Its because they want to look cool and edgy yet aren't capable of putting that into a fit so they use this cheap technique.

If you carry a knife on you GREAT, its just irrelevant to your fit and showing it off on Veeky Forums just shows how much of a try hard you really are.

faggot

oh, have i struck a nerve? im sorry

Knives are awful for defense, I grew up on a lot of farms so I'm used to having one on me. Lately I just leave it at home since I only open mail with it, at work I have a boxcutter

I carry a lighter and rarely smoke

I have friends that smoke.
I have found it useful to have one on me at times.
They're small and cheap
I've opened packages, melted broken materials back together, and burned my facial hair when I couldn't afford a razor

There is literally no reason that you shouldn't carry a lighter

On the other hand
Knives are dangerous, large (most of the time because people love to show off how cool they are with switchblades and huge fuck off rambo knives and say 'ooh it helps me out' and 'ooh i use it camping') They can get you in a lot of trouble depending on where you live, they are usually expensive and not easily disposable.

Also how many times have you knife fags actually used that knife in self defence?

where are these combat knife carrying boys you're talking about?
you seem like you use your lighter with enough fantasy that I'm sure you can figure out when a reasonably sized knife could be useful.
knives (large or small) are fucking awful for self defence unless dying is preferable to losing the fight, for an example if you stumble across the rapist kidnapper vivisection man deep in the woods.

Pretty much this. A Glock 43 is better than any knife. Although, I use a knife everyday at work when taking apart A/C units and to open letters.

This guy literally carries a lighter in case someone needs the hair burned off their body, but cant imagine a single good reason to carry a knife other than stabbing somebody in self defence...
You're the one who's dangerous buster, not the knife. Who knows if your lighter won't cause the next London fire...

>burned my facial hair when I couldn't afford a razor

lmao what a retarded use for a lighter. you can get packs of like 10 shit razors for a dollar how poor are you

>I've opened packages, melted broken materials back together, and burned my facial hair when I couldn't afford a razor

Who the fuck is the weirdo here?
>The guy who cuts apples with a pocket knife
>The guy who carries a lighter exclusively to burn his own eyebrows off and melt army men

i dont use condoms

Where can I cop a Veeky Forums knife in Australia?

Where do you live? We'll get a divvy van out to you as soon as possible

this is a kiwi knife, can you get one of those?

Online from an American store. It's not illegal to get a knife through international mail but obviously make sure the particular knife is legal to own in Australia.

Any retailer in Australia is going to charge you more than you should pay.
Any online store in Australia is just going to order your fucking knife from Amazon or something anyway.

>it's dangerous so you shouldn't have it
>smoking is okay
So you're all europeans I take it.

I kekd.

>knives are not Veeky Forums because they are associated with violence

Knives are a tool, probably the first tool. If you are afraid of a fat neckbeard because he cuts open amazon packages with a pen knife you are hopelessly misinformed about the dangers of your world.

>Smith& Wesson
>Anything other than a gun
I bet you listen to Nickelback

Disgusting

On a related note, can anyone recommend a non-mallshit automatic Italian style stiletto?

Price is not an issue, but I needs to be a decent steel, reliable action and lock, and aesthetic like in the OP or pic related.

You're legitimately an idiot.

>burned my facial hair when I was too poor to afford a razor

Thanks user this was one of the funniest pieces of Shit posting I've read in months

sauce?

I've always hated knife carriers and EDC fags, but I'm probably going to pick one of these up as I've found I need one for work now (just the carbon one).

Nice knives posted in here anons

I would def recommend, it's one of my fave and one of the most robust in my collection

It's a Caltagirone; here -> amazon.com/Traditional-Caltagirone-Pocket-Knife-Antonini/dp/B00DTM07UY

Yeah, same. I passionately hate the EDC mentality that a knife should simultaneously be a tactical tool, a symbol of eroding masculinity and a self-defence weapon... Just use it to do whatever small task is at hand and humbly put it back in your pocket!
If your knife has a belt clip, then you know you're trying way too hard.

Opinel carbon is a good choice, unfortunately I'm not sure you can find the model I posted in anything other than inox, but you can always mod a no8 or 10 to look like the jardinier if you ever felt so inclined, like that Thanks for the kind words; I like sharing beautiful stuff and it's nice to know it's appreciated.

they are darn useful, also i use mine to cut strings while knitting on the go mostly, also for cardboard boxes, and hiking, i carry pepper spray for self defense

Yah, yah dimwit, it's for self defence.
Exactly in the same way I have trainers because I'm constantly running and doing exercise, walk with my dog because I'm always hunting, I wear jeans because I'm always mining and stuffing coal and gold ore in my pockets.

>Knives are awful for defense
Wtf are u smoking? A knife is the superior tool for self defense in a country where you can't carry guns.

>no kabar

Why would you want to me seen with one of those?

>not learning martial arts
Shameful

Nvm, apparently all Italian stilettos have shitty bladeplay and a delicate locking mechanism. Even the good ones are just novelty pieces.

You'd think someone would have modernized this classic stiletto design by now, I don't want to settle for a regular automatic.

They're heavily illegal and not particularly useful.

>They're heavily illegal
I don't live in a boring state, autos are fine where I live.
>and not particularly useful
Did you even read my post? The reason they aren't useful is that they are meant to be display pieces. Frank Beltrame himself says not to use his knives for cutting.

BUT hear me out. If someone were to use modern steels and a conventional modern automatic locking/deployment mechanism on a classic looking stiletto, that would be tits. Functional enough to use and sexy enough to sate my neckbearded desire for a stiletto.

what a beauty

Your state doesn't matter, m8. The question you asked was why no one has made a good version of it.
Why would anyone want to modernize and produce a knife they can only sell to people in your state? It's not a big enough market to justify it.

No, the reason they are not useful is not just the mechanism. If you made a perfect version of this with a strong mechanism it's still a shitty knife.

early 20 middle class kids larping as hardened criminals. It's the same with getting a Switchblade Or skull tattooed

Knives are useful tools and there are a lot (literally hundreds) of good reasons to carry them, but the cold hard truth is, most of those do not apply to you, and most of you fucks have literally no reason to carry a knife regularly. You'll post about how useful it is at your job or when you're going /out/ or whatever the fuck, but you're larping, and the truth is, you carry it because it makes you feel badass. It sure as fuck doesn't make you look badass but that's how it makes you feel.

I'm not talking to all the knife-carriers out there. A few of you legitimately need them on a daily basis. But you're not offended by my post because you know it's not addressed to you. Most of you don't need a knife. You know who you are. Stop fucking larping already.

I'm from the country so I've almost always had a knife on me. Until last year it was always just Opinel but I upgraded to a really fucking nice flipper (Pictured)

The few times I have used it in front of people that aren't also from the country you get this weird 'Are you a serial killer' look. City people are fucking weird.

And no I wouldn't use it in a fight. You know what happens when someone pulls a knife in a fight? Someone gets stabbed. Lel

>It sure as fuck doesn't make you look badass but that's how it makes you feel.

I don't use my knives every day (or even every weak if we are not talking about my knives for camping or kitchen), but one of them is always with me.

I don't feel like a badass. I don't enjoy thinking about potentialy stabbing someone because I am not a child or some grown-up edgy cunt.

1. I like knives. I am fascinated with different steels, blades, materials, locking mechanisms and aesthetics.
2. They are useful. Not always (for me at least), but sometimes you are just glad to have a propper tool in your pocket.

No larping involved.

>Most of you don't need a knife.

Most of us don't need a good watch or a nice clothes too you know.

>Stop

No u

Stop scaring people away from a world of great hobbys, interesting accessories and useful tools.

>weak

God fucking damn it.

I forgot how to english. Again.

i carry a knife because i dont live in the best place, i would carry a gun but thats against the law

ask me what i use to defend myself

thoughts on this beauty

it's autistic only if you never use it