Rhodesian Desert Boots and Austrian Paratrooper Memes

Hi Veeky Forums, I've seen a few where to cop posts about these boots we imported last year. This is a courtesy thread to let you know that we have opened up a second pre-order.

They'll be available until Sunday at midnight, then we have to place our order with the manufacturer in South Africa.

Grade 1 meme boots are also back, and should be back for good. We have a healthy supply now.

Other urls found in this thread:

the-parabat-shop.myshopify.com/products/waxies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some freight handlers in Capetown stole a few pairs out of the last batch, so we've been forced to re-order to cover the loss.

They punched right through the heavy cardboard shipping cartons, into the shoe boxes, and ripped the boots straight through.

How much is shipping to Canada?

And don't get me started on DHL Africa. Holy kek

Should be about $12-20 USD plus duty. We don't have international orders enabled on the site yet, but they can be done manually through the chat

(As long as you have a chat opened before the pre-order ends, you're good.)

We're working on a duty pre-paid all included shipping price for internatinoal orders that's auto-calculated at checkout. That's coming later this month.

Bloody kaffirs

Trip dropped off whoops

Here's the memes in all their glory. Current batch on the site is actually better than the ones pictured, we still need to reshoot.

Stole a whole container out from under some poor SOB and left them with 90% of the Grade 2s and Grade 3

While you're in this thread ivan, I have a question.
So my current waxi boots are a bit too big, but I don't want to send them back for a reorder because they actually fit very well aside from my feet being too thin height wise for them. Should I just stick a thicker insole in? Wear thicker socks?

They're designed to be worn with thick wool hiking socks. That's probably what you're running into.

If that doesn't work out we can get you an exchange going (granted that'd take a couple weeks.)

About the new shipment of the Austrian boots. Are they with vibrant or og soles?

Also isn't the Bundeswehr parka supposed to be more olive?

The soles should be the same as the last ones. I think there are a mix of different manufacturers, but they're all made to the same specifications.

Warehouse Ivan did a lot of researching there, I can't say much more than that as it's not my wheelhouse.

I think there have been a few different iterations of the parka. It could be that these were produced for the police, but without more evidence on that front I don't want to jump to conclusions.

We're doing some digging there and will update the site once we can say for sure.

Where can I preorder?

the-parabat-shop.myshopify.com/products/waxies

What's the difference between your waxies and these ones?

kommandostore.com

Different manufacturer using cheaper materials and construction. We also have a lot more choice in sole type.

Also unlike that guy we're not in Africa, so if the boots don't fit or you're otherwise unhappy you can actually do returns and exchanges.

Are these relatively comfortable?

Yes, they're a lightweight boot designed for long reconnaissance patrols in Africa's bushland. The special forces wanted something more than a sneaker, but less than a traditional combat boot so that they could still be mobile.

They wear kind of like high top sneakers, except obviously the leather is a little thicker and they're slightly higher up the ankle.

Just make sure you use a pair of thick wool socks, otherwise your foot will slide around too much.

Total weight is about 1.25lbs per boot

Just checked the website and I cant believe you have these in my size. I've always wanted a pair but my feet are too big. Actually maybe not, i've been wearing 14 my whole life but I think im actually a 13. Going to get some memes when I get paid. Put a pair of thirteens on layaway for me ;^)

How would you reccomend picking a size for these? I wear 11 in pretty much everything sneakers. I imagine I need something bigger but I don't know how big

We've found them to be pretty true to size.

I'd measure the length of your foot and compare that to the size chart just to compare.

My guess though, in all honesty, is that if you wear an 11 in all your shoes, this will also be an 11.

Seconding this.

Can you post of a picture of someone wearing the SA boots?

I like them but the buckle at the top is not my favorite detail. Curious how they look on somone

I imagine the wool sock prevents chaffing and blisters?

Hey Ivan any chance you guys will ever carry the belgian m88 parka and GATs?

You can always remove the stitches for the buckle and have a cobbler put eyelets there

Yeah, cotton is more sweat absorbing and also gives more friction. Stick with wool or wool/nylon blend socks for maximum comfy. They also last WAY longer than cotton. I use Smartwool fyi.

Not a partner of nigger outsourcing enterprises

See Wool socks all the way. user here is absolutely right, the other thing about wool socks is their thickness is needed for these boots. The way the sizing works is they're sized with the thick wool sock in mind, so going with a thin sock means it won't fit right.

We have some GATs, just not online yet. I'll keep an eye out for the m88 though

See attached

Good shit Ivan hopefully you find the m88 it looks even better than the flecktarn parka I bought from you guys and I just want to keep doing business with you guys if I can.

Thanks lad. An interesting boot for sure.

Any other items you can tell us are on the horizon?

Yes but I can't say yet ;)

How are the Waxis sized compared to the Austrian boots? I have an EU 44 in them and they just about fit if I use a high volume insole and socks + liners.

So before I get too far into this, I'm going to say sizing shoes and boots is at least 50% black magic.

The Austrian boots fit more traditionally and do not necessarily require thick socks. I would buy your normal shoe size. If they don't fit, we do exchanges on those and have helped many, many people find the right size for them. The warehouse guys are a well oiled Austrain boot machine.

The Waxi Boots though, are sized with a thick sock in mind. What your describing seems similar to what I'd expect with the Waxis (give or take the normal variation in feet.)

Couldn't you have done this on a weekday so my broke ass can deposit some cash?

Please do the smooth soles when they're not pre-orders anymore.

Yeah it was a bit of poor planning on our end. We very well may extend it into next week.

tfw no shipping to norway

We ship internationally! Just send a message to the chat.

Right now we're re-configuring international so that it offers a duty pre-paid all inclusive price at checkout. Should be back up this month.

We can still ship your order manually.

Can anyone give me some feedback on the sizing of the Austrian Memes? I'm a size 10.5 but the last time I sized up on combat boots they looked like clown shoes. I recently got a pair of Thursday Boots and they fit fine, but the 9.5 to 10 is what worries me on the sizing. Can anyone tell me how they fit? The 10.5 to 11 sizing confuses me.

Is there anything I should know before ordering a pair to Mexico? Asides from the issues with international shipping at the moment

What size is the model wearing?

This kinda advertising is new

I feel like Ivan now understands who his primary customer base is

I really like the idea of these boots and the look of them but I'm having a hard time imagining how I would wear them. Pictures would be great if you had someone model them.

If I'm a size 9 us, would a size 9 in these boots be a bit bigger than normal?

So the reason you're getting somewhat confused is that the boots themselves are originally in European sizes.

This means they don't translate exactly into US sizes. What I'd recommend is getting the 10.5 to 11 size and if it's not the right fit, we'll happily do an exchange for you.

Not really, no. There shouldn't be any additional issue.

We wanted to show the stuff on people. I've heard a lot from people that they want to be sure they can actually wear the stuff without looking like a sperg.

Still a work in progress, I'd love your feedback.

See pic related :)

Order your normal size, and expect to wear them with thick wool socks.

wtf these look horrendous

jesus

How practical are the flat soles? Why do the ripples on the ripple soles seem so shallow?

Oi where are all the patches?

The flat soles are originally designed to deter tracking in the bush. They leave prints that appear already washed out/faded, and confuse tracking.

They are not good for daily use if your climate is wet/muddy, in that case you really need the extra traction of a lug sole.

See They're not quite as shallow as they look on the side.

All in good time :)

If I open a chat for international order and you won't read it until the preorder ends or there is an issue, will my order still be taken?

Absolutely

If your sneakers actually fit perfectly in US size 11 sneakers you should buy TTS.

Hopefully this means you'll be keeping the lines of communication open with Veeky Forums more often

Will the preorder be extended?

My guess is that we'll give it an extra day or two. Yeah.

Absolutely. There's a lot more in common between /k/, /out/, and Veeky Forums than people think.

We're going to be focusing on putting out a lot of new educational and historical content this year, I think it'll be pretty cool if we manage to pull it off.

My goal is getting stuff out there that is authentic and genuinely interesting.