Late 80s/Early 90s Fashion Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1A-hqZf7xQs
youtube.com/watch?v=ndi0qYccHeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this devil is so handsome

youtu.be/1A-hqZf7xQs

This

Pretty much everything from the tears for fears - everybody wants to rule the world video. My dream is to drive with that type of ragtop car this summer.

>1993
>not wearing enough fabric to outfit a powered glider
youtube.com/watch?v=ndi0qYccHeA

Holy shit this is basically pic-related but made cool cause a young Brad Pitt wore it.

I really want a leather jacket like that

I'm an ignorant pleb. Can someone please list to me the changes in fashion among the nineties, noughties, and teenies?

Go to amazon.

By way of explanation, nothing posted in this thread would look out of place to me in any of the three decades.

Attractive people look more attractive than unattractive people, news at eight.

90: Yuppies wore simultaneously structured and draped silhouettes, think oversized trenchcoat with thick shoulder pads. then recession kicked in and things got smaller. teenagers were either into hip hop, grunge, skate, raving culture, techno-industrial (goth-cyberpunk) or a crossover between any of those.
00: branding still ruled the world, packaging any kind of subculture that could be striped of its authenticity and sugarcoated to be mass marketed to helicopter soccer moms dressing up their tweenagers. effervescence of gamer culture, the sk8ter gurl, the ironic nerd, etc.
10: quest for strong identity and social cohesion led some to look for meaning in heritage workwear while some others turned to nothers west coast hand-me-downs and Mac demarco cottage life as an American answer to the continental bourgeois-bohème aesthetic. In parallel, streetwear is still aimlessly running around like a headless chicken, desperately looking at the recent past for a fad to momentarily revive, basically.

>fucked Winona in her prime
The master of pump 'n dump.

To explain the fashion styles it could be described as
>80s
Baggy clothing, Big hair and Long hair, Sartorial Styles , and mixing styles
>90s
Baggy clothing, heavier emphasis on wearing jeans and casual clothing, long but greasier hair, Edgy style started to really seep in

The 2000s+ are basically just wear sweatpants all day long, cut your hair short, and don't wear sartorial clothing anywhere outside of a funeral or job.

t. some clueless philippino born after y2k

this is a strong analysis

expand on it in a blog

>Baggy clothing, Big hair and Long hair, Sartorial Styles , and mixing styles
hello me

good thread

Last thread in the catalog no more