Curly & Afro Hair General

Post inspo, ask questions, give advice.

Discord link: discord.gg/GWfmbN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ByvfDaoDkl8
youtube.com/watch?v=80WsYtUUSbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

god i wish i wasnt born with this shit

I wish I was white, or at least had white people hair.

seriously, i mean the amount of work you can see that are put into these hairstyles and they still look like messy, frizzy, rough, coarse and dry and pretty much shapeless. its such a shame, id be so much more confident and better looking if my hair could do the simplest thing of falling down

i mean look at pic related, this probably took minimum effort and still looks better than mine ever will

I don’t know if anyone else has dry scalp issues but sulphur 8 changed the game for me. Went through a lot of other lotions and pommades and moisturizers but it this has kept my scalp flake free so far better than anything else I’ve used.

I use the shampoo and the scalp conditioner once a week.

Im trying to get my hair here :(

a lot of nice jazz inspo out there

Just did this routine
youtube.com/watch?v=ByvfDaoDkl8
using HASK argan oil conditioner and some of this DIY afterwards with macadamia, coconut, and argan oil
youtube.com/watch?v=80WsYtUUSbI
Hair is silky smooth and frizz free and well defined

Curlpenny is the goddess we don't deserve

I wish there were channels like hers for men. Every black male hair care video on Youtube is like terrible.

Is there a afro-hair equivalent to the Jared Leto slickback that doesn't involve relaxing one's hair?

I love how professional style it looks while allowing you stick with medium-long hair.

Her advice works for men, tho. Not sure how well it would work since she uses latino curls instead of black curls but it's probably the same principles.

Try looking up a PDF of The Curly Girl Handbook, that might help. It's even got a dudes tl;dr that includes the basics and how-to of the book while skipping all the fluff.

I don't fucking understand my hair. I've grown it out for 2 years and I'm on the verge of just shaving it all off. I had a buzz cut my entire life and I wanted to do something different for once. but I just wear a hat every time I go out because it looks terrible. It's like pic related in that it doesn't stand up, it flows down, but it's not nearly as aesthetic. What the hell am I supposed to do with it?

This is dope.