DUMB PHONES

DUMB PHONES

Anyone use a dumb phone / old school phone? Post 'em. Just picked this up, it calls, it sends/receives texts and it's not an ugly huge chunk of black plastic. Are dumb phones truly the fa mans phone?

I think they can be if they have a sleek minimalist design. The back of the phone you posted is a bit too flashy for me with the white and chrome but dumb phones can be Veeky Forums.

1987 wall st core

>sleek minimalist design
please return to 2011

yea i got a flip fone

I used fucking nokia 3310 for like a month and realized that without a smartphone for too long you will be disconnected from the world in turn you will be set back. I understand these movements to minimalize your life but it's a hinderance.
Back to the topic, I think the most fa dumb phone is probably the punkt.

>the most fa dumb phone is probably the punkt.
opinion discarded

really nice design, feels like a classy watch

This is the phone I use, it has a flip form but it's actually an Android. You can navigate most of the interface with buttons, but if you need a touchscreen the bottom screen turns into a trackpad like on a laptop. So you can still use all the apps that everyone else uses. You have to order it from Japan and some of the app support is fiddly but for me it's worth it to have a flip phone, people always comment on it and think it's cool.

Is that actually from the 80's? It looks better than half the shit from the 2000's. What the fuck?

The 80's ones did not have any type of color screen

no, its not from the 80s. he's saying is has an 80s look.

thats actually really cool sounding

Lol no. It's new and around $45!

Does the satrend phone work with a tmobile sim card? Not clear from the ebay ad i found

Which country? Most of these phones run on the 2g network and if that's available in your country the phones usually cover all 2g frequencies so should work on every network. They are usually dual sim too, so you can have 2 numbers.

>being 15 on Veeky Forums
Youth is wasted on you.

Retard...

>dumb phone
>no apps
>no whatsapp, no telegram
>no fb
>no gps tracking
>no google maps
>no music on the go
>no pdfs

thanks but I'll stick to my cheap chinese memebrick smartphone. "fashionable" phones is a fucking meme. you have your phone your pocket 90% of the time. you're not going to make a fashion statement unless you tape it onto your ear permanently so that some shit normie notices it.

How underage can you be?

I do all that shit on my pc, I don't need to fb of whatever when out and about. Can't you guys wait until you are home???

>no gps tracking

That's a plus. I guess a dumb phone is a sleazecore dug dealer phone.

>no music on the go

They still play mp3's and often mp4 video files.

>no pdfs

Why the fuck do you need to read a pdf on a 5 inch screen when you're going about doing your daily shit.

Holy millenniums!

This

t. Socially inept

What model is this?

>Why the fuck do you need to read a pdf on a 5 inch screen when you're going about doing your daily shit.

because I get work-related dossiers via email and I need to access those pdfs just in case I need them on my job. I don't sit at a desk.

plus, I enjoy reading manga on my phone. those manga apps are great.

>They still play mp3's and often mp4 video files.

yeah but with what data volume? not many songs fit on that. it just can't compete with a smartbrick.

No, I actually grew up in the 90s and I don't want that shit back. If you want to be trendy minimalist just fucking use no phone

kek if you have a dumb phone where i live you a drug dealer

Only reason I haven't is they don't support 4g which is encrypted. 3g and below are susceptible to rogue bts and IMSI catchers

>being on social media is actually being social

Lol. The reason I don't need all that shit is because I am out irl doing real shit.

Just search the make on ebay, it's a china phone.

Fair enough if you have valid work reasons but 99% of people don't.

>I enjoy reading manga on my phone.

SHAKIN' MY DAMN HEAD.

>yeah but with what data volume?

They take sd cards, probably up to about 16gb or more. More than enough for plenty of music.

So did I. Had my first phone 1998. Not even about being a trendy minimalist, it calls, it texts and usually has an extended battery life.

Precisely!

Interesting, although I would say these phones are not really traceable but if you have some phone contract with all your details linked to it I could understand.

They’re definitely way cooler and unique. No phone will ever be more Veeky Forums than the Nokia 8800. I would buy one but it’s only in 2G and my country doesn’t have any 2G networks anymore.